Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any links or sources besides what you were told? Since you wouldn't pay top dollar, what percentage discount would you deem acceptable?

Back in 2017 I bought a "brand new" 2016 KR with 8000k miles on it. It was the owner of the dealerships daily driver, never was titled, qualified for the current Ford rebates and warranty didn't start until I signed the paperwork.

Definitely has something to do with the hold. I highly doubt anything nefarious is afoot, a rail or trucking employee would be taking a HUGE risk by removing a vehicle from the yard for a joy ride. As pointed out, the mileage is higher than a normal qc check, I would try to seek out some sort of clarification as to why, but would certainly not tank the sale because of it. While it never hurts to ask, the dealership will most likely not reduce the price, however, you may get them to throw in a couple of oil changes and/or car detailing's. And after you put about 10k of your own miles on it, that initial mileage will seem insignificant.
Nope, just always heard it.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Back in 2017 I bought a "brand new" 2016 KR with 8000k miles on it. It was the owner of the dealerships daily driver, never was titled, qualified for the current Ford rebates and warranty didn't start until I signed the paperwork.
I don't think I have ever seen a car with 8 million miles on it it! That's a gem.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just bought a 2022 with 120 miles on it at MSRP. Dealers have all the leverage, as somebody else will line up to buy it with 399 miles, they will not think twice.

If you don't take this Bronco, then what's your "plan b"?

Tell them you are unhappy, use it to negotiate something out of the deal to make you whole. Free oil change, sweatshirt, coffee mug :)

Then go enjoy your Bronco. You'll forget about it.

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealers commonly swap vehicles. That's what was explained to me. That's why my new Bronco has over 300 miles on it. No big deal. Most dealers sell their demos, with well over a few hundred miles, as "brand new". Factory warranty does not kick in until the title is assigned to the first owner and it's off of the MSO.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just bought a 2022 with 120 miles on it at MSRP. Dealers have all the leverage, as somebody else will line up to buy it with 399 miles, they will not think twice.

If you don't take this Bronco, then what's your "plan b"?

Tell them you are unhappy, use it to negotiate something out of the deal to make you whole. Free oil change, sweatshirt, coffee mug :)

Then go enjoy your Bronco. You'll forget about it.
Dealers commonly swap vehicles. That's what was explained to me. That's why my new Bronco has over 300 miles on it. No big deal. Most dealers sell their demos, with well over a few hundred miles, as "brand new". Factory warranty does not kick in until the title is assigned to the first owner and it's off of the MSO.
But you guys are talking about buying vehicles off the lot. That’s totally different. The OP ordered this directly from the factory, and there’s been no accounting for this very excessive mileage. Is it too much to ask why?

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It'd bother me a little bit, but not enough to get pissed off about and not buy the Bronco.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Years ago select vehicles were "Engineer Tested" and would come with a certificate after purchase stating that the particular vehicle has higher miles do to it being Engineer Certified.

My 2004 Cobra had this as I bought it brand new and I still have the certificate (and the car).

I am not sure if it is still something that happens, but I would be asking the dealer some questions for sure....

update I just looked at my certificate and it was only 8.9 miles added on so this is not really a good explanation.
My Bronco got engineer tested, I wanna say ~20 miles though

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Years ago select vehicles were "Engineer Tested" and would come with a certificate after purchase stating that the particular vehicle has higher miles do to it being Engineer Certified.

My 2004 Cobra had this as I bought it brand new and I still have the certificate (and the car).

I am not sure if it is still something that happens, but I would be asking the dealer some questions for sure....

update I just looked at my certificate and it was only 8.9 miles added on so this is not really a good explanation.
Looks like this these days and it’s placed inside the vehicle.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 11.47.17 AM.png

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you or maybe the dealer let Ferris park it at a garage in Chicago and then go to a game?..
The obvious solution is to jack it up and run it in reverse to lower the miles to an acceptable number...not too sure why nobody else has suggested this.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The obvious solution is to jack it up and run it in reverse to lower the miles to an acceptable number...not too sure why nobody else has suggested this.

Ford Bronco 399 miles on “new” outer banks 1682610891730

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Technically, that’s not, and can’t be classified as a new vehicle! I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.
I believe if it's never been titled it's still new.

I bough my 2012 Focus with like 450 miles on it new. My wife's 2016 Explorer I think had close to 300 on it but they had to get it from another dealer.

To the OP that is high mileage considering it was your order though

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3 years and 45000 miles from now, are you really going to remember the 399 that was on it Day 1?

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Technically, that’s not, and can’t be classified as a new vehicle! I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.
Sure it can. Demo cars are still sold as new with like 2,000-7,000 miles on them. Usually at slightly discount for being demos though.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Need your opinions.

Feb 22 order just hit the dealer lot after sitting at the rail yard on a ”manufacture hold” hold x code since Jan 13.

Got the call, went to the dealer fire it up and 399 on odometer.

Anyone have insight as to the hold, the miles? Seriously WTF
Swallow your "this has never happened before" and "thats not right" and enjoy your new vehicle. This is not new for those of us that received 2021 vehicles, although 399 is more than usual. If you were on Dirt Mountain for the MIC top, or later for chip holds, there were miles to and from the factory. Factor in the dealership doing "inspection" drives, who knows what else . . . Maybe rail yard transport . . . If its never been titled, its new. Maybe you can parlay this affront into a dealer freebee. The warranty still works. Enjoy.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can only say what I’ve been told, and heard. Either way, like I said, I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.
Lots of Broncos are arriving with over 50 miles on them. I think mine had 47.

No big deal, the receipt mileage is where the warranty starts.

399 is really high though. Probably went from the holding lot to the finish shed multiple times.
Sponsored