Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how far VinView goes back but the dealer might be able to see the movement history in VV. Plant management may have driven it but will usually have a sticker on window (dealer presumably would have removed during PDI), could have had a powertrain or other "quality" issue that had to go through the repair shop which required pre and post repair test drives or was just shuttled around holding lots so much they racked up miles in the process. It will be nearly impossible to get someone at Ford on record that will tell the dealer how the miles got racked up which is why I suggest trying VV first. Your warranty start date and miles will be the day it's reported to Ford and will have the 399 tagged onto your base (3/36) safety (5/50) emission (8/80) and powertrain (5/60).

This is kind of an outlier case as far as that many miles and would irk me off to but wouldn't keep me from taking delivery as long as the excess miles get added to the warranty. Probably a legitimate explanation for the miles, would just be nice if Ford was proactive and had a form with the vehicle as to the reason.
Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Others have already stated the warranty aspects, as far as laws go, Mileage is not a specific to the definition of "New", New Means the vehicle has not yet been issued a title.

Every vehicle is unique, as is every buyer. If the Mileage bothers you, tell the dealer, and ask for a discount, But don't approach it as the vehicle isn't new, because you have no standing there, it's new.

Approach it the way you would if it didn't have floor mats and you expected them, ask for a perk of some sort, or a discount of your perceived value for the 399 miles.

Don't be surprised if the dealer doesn't give you a discount for it. That kind of mileage, I'd almost approach it as if it was a demo car (Which are Still considered "new").

Car And Driver's opinion on the matter is a good read too;

https://www.caranddriver.com/auto-loans/a31543493/how-many-miles-should-a-new-car-have/

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am pretty sure the first one we received came in with nearly 300 miles and decent coating of mud. We bought it and now do not even think twice about it. It really is not that big of a deal in the scheme of things.

I would try to throw a fit maybe you get some free floormats or something. End of the day if you don't buy it someone else will so good luck.

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The same thing happened to me. I just purchased a new OB 2 door. It has 360 miles on it. It was a dealer swap. The Bronco was driven from one dealer in Atlanta to my selling dealership in Brainbridge. 360 miles is not going to stop me from completing the deal.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t believe so. There’s some type of rule / law that states a new car has to have 50 miles or under to be classified as new, regardless of a title.
That's not true. Lots of new vehicles come with over 50 miles due to randomly selected vehicles for quality control. However, In my 16 years of working at a dealership, I've never seen one with that amount of mileage on it thought. 399 is far too high for something like quality control testing from the factory.

OP
OP

Sancho505

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LLY Duramax, X6M
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What concerns me is there isn’t a plausible reason for the high miles, to this point. I have zero explanation at the moment as my sales guy hasn’t responded at all.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Warranty kicks in when you take delivery not at zero miles.
That's not correct. Warranty starts at 0 miles. Your warranty time (date) starts when delivered.

Edit: Nevermind. The information I was looking at was outdated.
This is straight from Ford's Warranty and Policy manual:

"The Company randomly selects vehicles to be evaluated by Company personnel before they are shipped to dealers. A decal will be on the window of vehicles driven more than 15 miles. Do not remove the decals before delivering the vehicles. The warranty will be extended to cover the evaluation mileage. Owners should keep the decals to support repairs required during the mileage extension."

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have time, I would physically go down to the dealer and verify the miles yourself.

Did you get any type of notification from Ford (not your dealer) that it was delivered?

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We bought our Volt with 212 miles on the odometer. It was 80 miles away at a different dealership and they offered to drive it instead of waiting on a truck. I guess the other miles were test drives or maybe it had been moved around a couple times. I didn't care. It's stated on the purchase and those miles don't count.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sancho505

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LLY Duramax, X6M
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you have time, I would physically go down to the dealer and verify the miles yourself.

Did you get any type of notification from Ford (not your dealer) that it was delivered?
I did, I went to drive and verify number since they’re doing a private offer, x-plan and dropped my tow package. So I confirmed number and build in person.

I didn’t get my usual ford email, that has previously told me that my order was delayed like the 9 times before.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine had about 114. I didn't complain and the car has been fine. 399 is definitely high. But, you have everything you need - warranty, etc... If the car looks good and they have some explanation, and you want the car - take it. Once the car has 60k miles on it, you won't care that it started with 399.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although that is "high" for a brand new vehicle, I wouldn't worry about it personally. I may ask my salesperson for some insights on why it's that high, as I've seen most new vehicles come in with under 50 km on the odometer. But I get that some additional testing or QC may have taken place, and I'd be fine with that too.

OP
OP

Sancho505

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LLY Duramax, X6M
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only out in my mind is some linkage to the 3 month manufacturing hold, “hold X” at the rail yard. But, if that’s the case be forthcoming as to why

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Technically, that’s not, and can’t be classified as a new vehicle! I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.
I don’t believe so. There’s some type of rule / law that states a new car has to have 50 miles or under to be classified as new, regardless of a title.
I can only say what I’ve been told, and heard. Either way, like I said, I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.
Any links or sources besides what you were told? Since you wouldn't pay top dollar, what percentage discount would you deem acceptable?

Back in 2017 I bought a "brand new" 2016 KR with 8000 miles on it. It was the owner of the dealerships daily driver, never was titled, qualified for the current Ford rebates and warranty didn't start until I signed the paperwork.

The only out in my mind is some linkage to the 3 month manufacturing hold, “hold X” at the rail yard. But, if that’s the case be forthcoming as to why
Definitely has something to do with the hold. I highly doubt anything nefarious is afoot, a rail or trucking employee would be taking a HUGE risk by removing a vehicle from the yard for a joy ride. As pointed out, the mileage is higher than a normal qc check, I would try to seek out some sort of clarification as to why, but would certainly not tank the sale because of it. While it never hurts to ask, the dealership will most likely not reduce the price, however, you may get them to throw in a couple of oil changes and/or car detailing's. And after you put about 10k of your own miles on it, that initial mileage will seem insignificant.
Sponsored

Last edited: