Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LLY Duramax, X6M
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Need your opinions.

Feb 22 order just hit the dealer lot after sitting at the rail yard on a ”manufacture hold” hold x code since Jan 13.

Got the call, went to the dealer fire it up and 399 on odometer.

Anyone have insight as to the hold, the miles? Seriously WTF
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not take it. You dont want it. Find one with 12 miles on the lot at another dealership for msrp. Others have been getting msrp recently. Poke around.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Technically, that’s not, and can’t be classified as a new vehicle! I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.

Sponsored

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Years ago select vehicles were "Engineer Tested" and would come with a certificate after purchase stating that the particular vehicle has higher miles do to it being Engineer Certified.

My 2004 Cobra had this as I bought it brand new and I still have the certificate (and the car).

I am not sure if it is still something that happens, but I would be asking the dealer some questions for sure....

update I just looked at my certificate and it was only 8.9 miles added on so this is not really a good explanation.

Last edited:

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically, that’s not, and can’t be classified as a new vehicle! I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.
If its never been titled, it certainly can be classified and sold as a new vehicle... I wouldn't be happy though. Mine had 4 miles on it when it came off the truck last week.

Last edited:

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If its never been titled, it certain can be classified and sold as a new vehicle... I wouldn't be happy though. Mine had 4 miles on it when it came off the truck last week.
I don’t believe so. There’s some type of rule / law that states a new car has to have 50 miles or under to be classified as new, regardless of a title.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t believe so. There’s some type of rule / law that states a new car has to have 50 miles or under to be classified as new, regardless of a title.
Not in any states that I've seen.... but maybe where you live? Certainly is not a federal law. That I assure you. I am very familiar with dealer operations from working for one. I'm sure at a certain point there are restrictions somewhere but its not 50 miles or anything like that.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not in any states that I've seen.... but maybe where you live? Certainly is not a federal law. That I assure you. I am very familiar with dealer operations from working for one. I'm sure at a certain point there are restrictions somewhere but its not 50 miles or anything like that.
I can only say what I’ve been told, and heard. Either way, like I said, I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are certain limits that they can sell a vehicle as new. At 399 that is far past the limit of any I know of. I wonder if that vehicle was utilized as a shuttle in the yard, but even then, that is excessive.
Sponsored