Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn’t like the location of the stock 3rd brake lamp & I wanted to make room for larger tires. There’s not many options out currently & the ones that are available just don’t look great. I purchased this kit from Amazon that was made for a Jeep Wrangler but made it work on the Bronco. Needless to say I’m pretty happy with the results & the new look. Let me know what you guys think.

Just subscribed. I’ll be doing this mod when mine comes in. Love how it looks compared to the stock 3rd brake light
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anybody with screenshots?

Or pics of final look? Was the OE brake light really relocated or removed?

I'm not someone who watches YouTube videos so folks get their "interactions, likes, or revenue"... 🙄
I am still not sure if I am a fan of this look but I appreciate the video. Nice and simple. I am a fan of the cost and affectivness of getting more rear view visibility.
Ap
Just subscribed. I’ll be doing this mod when mine comes in. Love how it looks compared to the stock 3rd brake light
thanks!

OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am still not sure if I am a fan of this look but I appreciate the video. Nice and simple. I am a fan of the cost and affectivness of getting more rear view visibility.
Appreciate it that! Yeah just having more visibility out the back makes it worth it. Not a fan of it either but better then losing more visibility by raising it higher

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I installed a $28 one from Amazon for the wife last week. It was intended for a Jeep so I had to make some small modifications. I just cut the plug off and spliced it to the wiring. There is plenty of extra wire if I ever wanted to put the plug and factory light back on. It puts out quite a bit of light so rear visibility is actually increased. I know these aren't for everyone, but my wife wanted it so here it is.

PXL_20220125_204809119.jpg

PXL_20220125_204828169.jpg

PXL_20220125_205246566.jpg

PXL_20220125_205342633.jpg

PXL_20220125_215131317.jpg

Sponsored

Area51Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My only change would not to use vampire clips and buy the correct connector for the new light.
And I would use shrink tube over the new wires.
Agreed ... but I don't think anyone has found the proper plug in stock anywhere as of yet

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

What you could do & I prob should do as well is just cut off the factory connection & leave some wire left & just splice the new ones together. There’s more then enough slack in both harnesses
Agree! The vamp clamps are already compromising the wire. I like that option.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I swear the eCFR website gets worse every time I use it.

But yes, looks like the only requirement for rear high mount stop lamps is >=34” off the ground.

There might be text that it has to be higher than the taillights but I don’t feel like fighting the mobile website to read it right now.
is that legal?

I thought the whole point of the 3rd brake light was to be higher eye level to catch the driver behind you attention better?
44C6D67C-4039-460E-945E-F9673794FFB6.jpeg

Edit: Does have to be higher than taillights, and also visible from 45° to the side.

2BA6FFD4-AB5E-4AAE-8477-A229681E014D.jpeg

7DECEA37-F583-451F-8F4E-21A39C36FBE2.jpeg

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man I swear the eCFR website gets worse every time I use it.

But yes, looks like the only requirement for rear high mount stop lamps is >=34” off the ground.

There might be text that it has to be higher than the taillights but I don’t feel like fighting the mobile website to read it right now.

Ford Bronco 3rd Third Brake Light Removed & Relocated -- DIY How-To 7DECEA37-F583-451F-8F4E-21A39C36FBE2

Edit: Does have to be higher than taillights, and also visible from 45° to the side.

Ford Bronco 3rd Third Brake Light Removed & Relocated -- DIY How-To 7DECEA37-F583-451F-8F4E-21A39C36FBE2

so not legal. What I suspected.

And, for that matter, not safe.

Well if OP gets rear ended in the future, we'll know why the law exists!

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t like the location of the stock 3rd brake lamp & I wanted to make room for larger tires. There’s not many options out currently & the ones that are available just don’t look great. I purchased this kit from Amazon that was made for a Jeep Wrangler but made it work on the Bronco. Needless to say I’m pretty happy with the results & the new look. Let me know what you guys think.

There’s a reason why they’re called high mount brake lights. May want to check the legality of that in your state.

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Really??? So it needs to be up and tight ?
I don't guess you chose to use real beadlock rims on yours either?

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are you reading that I am missing? 34 inches off ground is only requirement (except passenger cars, which can be lower…).

I’m Not sure if it’s as visible from more than 45 degrees to the sides, but it’s legal and probably just as safe for 99.9% of rear ending situations.