Illmatic369

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I emailed my dealer this morning to see how I ended up getting lucky, because I got an email yesterday that my build will commence on June 28th, despite the dealer telling me my chances of getting one this year were slim because my reservation date was AUGUST 19th. Which is far later than the other dates i'm seeing in this thread. So I dunno, but i'm certainly not complaining lol

Illmatic369

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To add to that, to give some encouragement to those who haven't received the email yet, I got this from my dealer last week when I inquired, only to get the email yesterday:

"Your Order is in the Ford System and has not been picked up yet .. We had 63 Broncos that were allocated to our Dealership and only 2 have been picked up to build as of now.."

So I'd think they still have a long way to go to process all of the 2021 MY cars.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's my take on how the process works:

The original message from Ford was "1: reservation timestamp rules"....then it was changed to "2: dealer allocation" - dealers were encouraged to prioritize by timestamp, but the had the option of prioritizing any way they wanted....then it became known that dealers could "arbitrarily prioritize any 2 orders they desired"....then it was changed to "dealer prioritization + commodity availability".

Some (many??) dealers never informed their customer of what prioritization process they are using - or where you stood in that ranking.

I reserved 7/13 & got pulled for a 6/28 build. My dealer had 125 original allocations; might have wound up with 150-175. I was #12. My dealer's email last night said he was very surprised how deep into their priority list Ford went in pulling yesterday's builds.

Since Ford is doing this in 4-week segments, let's assume 6 segments for MY21 builds. Ford is likely pulling orders based on:

(1) 1/6th of dealer MY21 allocation
(2) dealer priority list (mine is using timestamps) based on available commodities
I don’t disagree with the majority of what you said, however, I would take issue with your conclusions that.....the dealer didn’t convey to the customer what prioritization process they were using.....and dealer could prioritize any way they wanted. Outside of the priority orders (supposedly only 1 for up to 50 allocations and 2 for 50+ allocations) I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the dealerships had any say in allocation placement and prioritization, which was based solely on timestamp for a respective dealership. If you’re talking priority codes 10-19, then those are supposedly irrelevant. By that I mean, if a given dealer had 10 allocations, those 10 allocations would fall exactly in line with the 10 lowest reservation numbers, absent any specific customer requests to be coded as a 99.

With that said, in my opinion, the process wasn’t changed to allocation, but rather allocation was added as a new variable that was still driven by reservation/timestamp ranking. I put blame solely at the hands of Ford for muddling up the process and lacking clarity, allowing rumors and misinformation to run rampant (without providing explanation or context) I blame the dealerships (not all) for dishonesty, lacking integrity and laziness for not learning enough about their product and the process so that they might be a resource for the customer. Being significantly less knowledgeable than your customer about Bronco is product and process is inexcusable. This causes a lack of trust on behalf of the customer, and probably a degree of contempt for the customer on behalf of the dealer......that’s kind of where i’m at, at least.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t disagree with the majority of what you said, however, I would take issue with your conclusions that.....the dealer didn’t convey to the customer what prioritization process they were using.....and dealer could prioritize any way they wanted. Outside of the priority orders (supposedly only 1 for up to 50 allocations and 2 for 50+ allocations) I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the dealerships had any say in allocation placement and prioritization, which was based solely on timestamp for a respective dealership. If you’re talking priority codes 10-19, then those are supposedly irrelevant. By that I mean, if a given dealer had 10 allocations, those 10 allocations would fall exactly in line with the 10 lowest reservation numbers, absent any specific customer requests to be coded as a 99.

With that said, in my opinion, the process wasn’t changed to allocation, but rather allocation was added as a new variable that was still driven by reservation/timestamp ranking. I put blame solely at the hands of Ford for muddling up the process and lacking clarity, allowing rumors and misinformation to run rampant (without providing explanation or context) I blame the dealerships (not all) for dishonesty, lacking integrity and laziness for not learning enough about their product and the process so that they might be a resource for the customer. Being significantly less knowledgeable than your customer about Bronco is product and process is inexcusable. This causes a lack of trust on behalf of the customer, and probably a degree of contempt for the customer on behalf of the dealer......that’s kind of where i’m at, at least.
25704541.gif

Sponsored

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I emailed my dealer this morning to see how I ended up getting lucky, because I got an email yesterday that my build will commence on June 28th, despite the dealer telling me my chances of getting one this year were slim because my reservation date was AUGUST 19th. Which is far later than the other dates i'm seeing in this thread. So I dunno, but i'm certainly not complaining lol
This is exactly why a lot of people are not happy.

I reserved the night of the launch ....
Very early reservation .... and no email...
Make no sense you got your email....

Oh2Bbad

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Build date, June 7th, approx. delivery to NS Canada, 4 weeks so hopefully early July :)
WIldtrak, Sasquatch package, moulded top. Can't wait.

Sponsored

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Email received Thursday a.m.

Reservation 7/13, 7:51 pm Pacific
Ford Bronco 4/22 Email Group! email

JMP4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep JLU Willys, Tesla MY
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the 4/22 email on my drive to my local dealer's Bronco preview event... Build week of 6/28/21. I didn’t say anything about the email while at the dealer because I have 2 orders and was sure the email was referencing my 7/14/20 reservation which is at a different dealer.
When I got home and followed the email link I was shocked that the build date was for my 10-8-20 reservation.
Build details:

7/14 RES - 4DR BD,CG,SAS,MIC TOP,2.7,MID,TOW,LINERS

10/8 RES 4DR BD,CG,SAS,SOFT TOP,2.3 AUTO,MID,LINERS - Build Date Week 6/28/21

I’m as confused as others on the process but super excited to get an early build slot!

I was on the fence as to getting the 2.3 or 2.7... currently have a Jeep JLU with the 4cyl and actually like it better than the 3.6 V6.

I’ll most likely move my 7-14 reservation to a hold now for a MY'22 and change the spec after driving my early build for a while. Thinking that will allow me to have fun with an early build for a year and then take delivery of a build based on my experience with the vehicle.

I’m lucky in that my wife indulges my crazy car buying... although I think she’s annoyed a little by the fact I have 2 on order.

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the 4/22 email, June 21st scheduled production. Reserved opening night within 2 hrs, ordered in feb

4 door, race red, Badlands, 2.3/7MT non-sas, Mic top, tow pkg, high pkg

Pretty stoked, thanks to everyone here who helped with info and pics, I've been waiting for this since 1996!
Sponsored