Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After that email, I have a few questions that I have not yet seen asked. If these have already been asked or discussed, then please ignore me :)

1 - What happened to the modular top? That was the one initially seeing major delays and then pushed (I believe) to 2022. Are they from the same supplier? If not, is that supplier capable of taking over?

2 - Are we guaranteed the same pricing as when we placed our order? The last thing I want to hear about is new pricing structure because by then it will be a 2022 and the order must be resubmitted.

3 - These off-roadeos we hear so much about... Only 2 locations? Is it even possible to reserve a spot?

4 - TEST DRIVE!!! For god's sake, at least start letting people test drive them at the dealer travelling road show events, (and add more broncos to that rotation). I know the Bronco is going to be as acceptable a ride (if not better) than a comparable Jeep, but it sure would be nice to sit in one and get a feel for it while I wait.

5 - Soft top with hard top wiring. It's been mentioned many times, but really... why not wire them up for hardtops and get them out the door?

Ok, maybe more like rants rather than questions I guess.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just can’t make myself do it. When I look at the profile of the 2dr (especially those with dark colors or black) I see the lines and striking similarities of the gen 1 Broncos. I don’t see that resemblance in he 4drs. I really like the look of the black 4dr WildTrak, and might have considered that as an option, but like the 2dr.....no soft top option for the WT either.
I’ve waited this long and would kick myself for compromising when, eventually, I would run into someone driving the bronco I wanted, but folded on. I dropped the tow pkg since I just bought a 21 Ranger and that tows fine, and might be willing to go from Lux to high if I thought it would matter, but that’s it.
With a 6:10 Mt 7/13 reservation and a #1 dealership allocation, I would hope, at some point in the process, that will matter. We shall see.
I am also holding on to my two door build. I am a 7/14 reservation that just squeaked into my dealers allocations. But that dealer has already had more orders pulled from after my timestamp than what I was within allocation. I am sure that I am now outside the allocation. That is if all things equal they will try to honor the time stamps ahead of me. The orders that get pulled from later time stamps has to be counting towards dealer allocation. Right?

This is how I think all of this will end up. You may be #1 but if they keep pulling up buildable orders and skipping you at some point your dealer will have no more allocations and you're on the outside looking in.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also holding on to my two door build. I am a 7/14 reservation that just squeaked into my dealers allocations. But that dealer has already had more orders pulled from after my timestamp than what I was within allocation. I am sure that I am now outside the allocation. That is if all things equal they will try to honor the time stamps ahead of me. The orders that get pulled from later time stamps has to be counting towards dealer allocation. Right?

This is how I think all of this will end up. You may be #1 but if they keep pulling up buildable orders and skipping you at some point your dealer will have no more allocations and you're on the outside looking in.
Those later pulls do count against the dealership allocation. In my situation, my dealer has at least 56 allocations for 2021 out of nearly 400 reservations, so there would have to be a lot skipping before I’m completely out of the allocation mix after starting at #1, but if Ford isn’t able to provide them with something close to their full allocation then you are correct.....it’s possible I could be pushed completely out of the MY21 Broncos.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those later pulls do count against the dealership allocation. I my situation, my dealer has at least 56 allocations for 2021 out of nearly 400 reservations, so there would have to be a lot skipping before I’m completely out of the allocation mix after starting at #1, but if Ford isn’t able to provide them with something close to their full allocation then you are correct.....it’s possible I could be pushed completely out of the MY21 Broncos.
I am resigning myself to 2022. There were 109 allocations at SAC. I came in at 104. They have already had around 50 orders pulled with at least 5 later time stamps than me. From the Webasto thread it looks like they won't come close to 60,000 builds. Unless the overwhelming majority are 4 door soft tops running around. Allocations were probably determined on that 60k number. Anything less than that and I have zero chance. Maybe if they get the top situation figured out they will try to balance out models later and more two doors get pulled.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What a bummer, wish they would have just said I’m getting a 22. At least I would know something.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The orders that get pulled from later time stamps has to be counting towards dealer allocation. Right?

Yes, all of the later orders and upcoming dealer stock orders will consume dealer allocation slots. The priority orders also consumed allocation. Very grim prospects for the majority of remaining hardtop reservations that thought they were safely in the allocation window. Really, the only good situation is for FE orders (they are independently allocated).

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder why Ford is not offering soft tops to those who have placed orders for 2 door Broncos. I would prefer a convertible top anyway. There must be constraints on production other than availability of the MIC top but I would imagine it would help somewhat.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After that email, I have a few questions that I have not yet seen asked. If these have already been asked or discussed, then please ignore me :)

1 - What happened to the modular top? That was the one initially seeing major delays and then pushed (I believe) to 2022. Are they from the same supplier? If not, is that supplier capable of taking over?

2 - Are we guaranteed the same pricing as when we placed our order? The last thing I want to hear about is new pricing structure because by then it will be a 2022 and the order must be resubmitted.

3 - These off-roadeos we hear so much about... Only 2 locations? Is it even possible to reserve a spot?

4 - TEST DRIVE!!! For god's sake, at least start letting people test drive them at the dealer travelling road show events, (and add more broncos to that rotation). I know the Bronco is going to be as acceptable a ride (if not better) than a comparable Jeep, but it sure would be nice to sit in one and get a feel for it while I wait.

5 - Soft top with hard top wiring. It's been mentioned many times, but really... why not wire them up for hardtops and get them out the door?

Ok, maybe more like rants rather than questions I guess.
Good post!
1. What is the MOD top? Modular means in pieces or that can be used for different items. All off/on front off, back off front on.
MIC Molded in color top is the top that is not in color yet is still modular. How does this make sense?

2. If you did not get lucky with the 20k mic top for 21 youre being pushed back to 2022. Will my AMB still be available? Will the pricing stay the same? Will the be a true white top option?

3. Free Rodeo just like the ST free driving schools. This is included in Purchase and not a freebie because Ford can't make tops.

4. Dealer Broncos will be here soon, however why do they get MIC tops when no one else can?

5. All broncos should come with hardtop wiring. Should be automatic and make building them more efficient. As stated before Id purchase mine topless if it had the wiring and top to be delivered later.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder why Ford is not offering soft tops to those who have placed orders for 2 door Broncos. I would prefer a convertible top anyway. There must be constraints on production other than availability of the MIC top but I would imagine it would help somewhat.
Hardtop is so much nicer. It takes 10 min to take off and put on again. Cleaner quieter so much nicer inside. The soft top when down looks like a top from an old 80's vw convert.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am just surprised ford wouldn't put the hookups into every bronco. Doesn't make sense since a selling point of these vehicles is being able to switch from hard to soft top depending on season

Springbok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X3M, 15 BMW X5, 14 PORSCHE BOXSTER S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How this is being handled makes me very nervous. I have a feeling that once this is finally delivered (2022 or 2023), that it will be a rushed together piece of shit with many, many recalls.
Oh there’s no question there. A very capable cool looking turd, if this rollout is any indication of Fords capability. Pretty telling there is still no word on new Raptors or F150 Tremors either, while debuting a dog ugly ev truck for publicity.
Sponsored