First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4dr Base, 2021 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked up my bronco with a pretty awful dealer experience. If anyone can help with some feedback from people who know better than me, that would be greatly appreciated.

I got the MSRP price protection but instead of $1,500, they only gave me $1,350 because “that’s what ford was crediting their dealership” supposedly.

Aside from that, the MSRP was 33,450 instead of 33,200.. (33,700 is the new MSRP for 2022, minus the $1,500 should be 33,200, right?)

So by scheming out on that $150 from the 1,500 and then $250 from the MSRP, that’s $400.

Aside from that they put some shit called SecurityGuard theft deterrent system that they force charged me $300 for, and when I said I didn’t want it they said it’s already on the vehicle (bull shit because I told them not to add any extra stuff).

Anyway, that comes out to $700 of potential scheming.

Lastly, I got approved from BOFA for the loan last night at 3.24% and they were trying to tell me they can see if I can get a better rate and I told them no (originally they said 5.9% lol), told them not to run my credit again. I give them the approval code from BOFA and lo and behold, my credit was ran two more times today. One by their ford, and then again by Bank of America. (3x total, once yesterday when I got approved and twice today.). They told me bofa had to run it again or something but why the hell did they run it first?

The sales rep hurt her hand today and came in specifically for me, I told her I’d give her a good review for it but after all of this, I need to find out if they effed me over before I leave this review. I will send them an email before I do anything because I feel like they schemed me here, and Im going to give an honest review, but the whole hand thing does not offset my actual experience, you know?

It sucks when you have zero leverage because they’ll just be like okay don’t take it, but I mainly hate feeling like I got taken advantage of. Thanks everyone 🙏, love the car btw. Wheels and tires and lift on the way!

A44C40AE-CEBF-4851-93D0-4074C85CD3BE.jpeg
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In some states forcing “accessories” like “nitrogen,” “undercoating” etc on to the customer is illegal and can land a dealer in hot water. Sh!t, my mind is drawing a blank...can’t remember which state agency handles this stuff. Probably should stop drinking.

Department of commerce in your state, call them on Monday. Like I said all states have different regulations regarding this stuff so do some searching etc until Monday.

Ford Bronco Bad Dealer Experience - any insight? 3562A1A1-7131-451F-ADDB-9C2646B3951A

I’d call both, see what each say.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a dealer added anything to mine, I didn't spec, they're getting a shit review.

OP
OP
Meeru

Meeru

Base
First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4dr Base, 2021 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a dealer added anything to mine, I didn't spec, they're getting a shit review.
I’m gonna write them an email before I thrash them in a review. I don’t care if it’s $50 I didn’t ask for it lol

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On positive note you have your Bronco. Don’t let the dealers sour that experience.

How do you like your ride?

Give them the crap review and enjoy your Bronco.

Any upcoming mods?

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer never added any type of charge. Six months after I purchased my Bronco, they randomly send me a check for $100. Appearently for the reservstion deposit. I had never even mentioned anything to them about it.

They also said they would give me $500 if I decided to go to a offrodeo.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd enjoy my ride and not give $700 a second thought, honestly. After the crap other dealers throw at customers, this is really nothing. Give a mediocre review, list those points in it, be done with it and ride off into the sunset or where ever you want to point your new ride, don't let this nonsense create a bad taste. I hope 700 doesn't hit you hard, everybody's finances are different, but I'd not make a "out of principle" stand out of this, would not be worth my time or mental energy. And thank the sales person for coming in with an injury.

I'd not loose any more time over this, I'd have the roof open (if weather allows wehre you are) and drive around with a big goofy smile on my face :)

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People pay attention to objective sounding reviews. Sounds like you are going to do that. Best way to ding them is the Ford reviews so look for those. Cars.com, Google, etc. Are good as well but the OEM ones are the ones that mess with their customer satisfaction scores. Good luck.

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd enjoy my ride and not give $700 a second thought, honestly. After the crap other dealers throw at customers, this is really nothing. Give a mediocre review, list those points in it, be done with it and ride off into the sunset or where ever you want to point your new ride, don't let this nonsense create a bad taste. I hope 700 doesn't hit you hard, everybody's finances are different, but I'd not make a "out of principle" stand out of this, would not be worth my time or mental energy. And thank the sales person for coming in with an injury.

I'd not loose any more time over this, I'd have the roof open (if weather allows wehre you are) and drive around with a big goofy smile on my face :)
While I agree with letting things go, the dealer is doing illegal (or at least super shady) things. If everyone just ignored it, they'd start getting bolder until they're ripping people off for thousands. It's not about the amount of money, it's that they're doing shitty things and should be outed for it.

I mean, screw the cost, I wouldn't want the techs at the dealer messing around with wiring for a "theft deterrent" system that wasn't asked for, #1, why, what does it do, #2, what would they mess up?

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would see if there is a way to enter arbitration, its description is often on the back of the P/O agreement. Then after that I would write a review of exactly what they did on every forum available so others know what they face with doing business with that dealers practices. Service your bronco somewhere else. Write ford that you were unhappy with your purchase process. Forget about the money and be happy that you have your bronco now! Good luck!
Sponsored