Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Bronco, eruption green metallica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put in a bronco reservation in July with a dealer in Austin, TX.
It is scheduled for build 11/13. I happened to bring the kids to the Ford dealer for a Halloween event. While there I saw a sales rep and made small talk. Turns out when you pick up the vehicle, they charge $3,900 for a VIN etching/key replacement plan. He said the "customer protection plan" is installed when they get the vehicle, no declining it, and my rep did not mention it when placing the order.

Drove down to the next closest Ford dealer. The sales manager wrote up an order, added the tax/title/reg fees, and signed it with an OTD price. This was Leif Johnson Ford, Austin, TX for anyone in the area.

Not thrilled about starting the wait over again, but I wanted to share a good dealer experience. The upside is that it will be a 2024 model.
Debating if I should cancel the first order or just let it be.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. There are some good dealers out there.

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for sharing. There are some good dealers out there.
Mine was great. Took talking to 4 dealerships before I found them but they exist.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you call your sales rep or the GM to confirm the mandatory add-ons? I would not take the word of a random rep on the sales floor. And $3900 seems stupid high for add-ons you mentioned and is more in the range of an extended warranty.

Also, while some dealers will put that nonsense on dealer inventory, many don't on a custom order. I would get further confirmation before pulling the plug. If true at least try and fight it instead of just giving up and getting in the back of the line somewhere else.

Oh, and if you have a VIN and a pending build date there is no canceling. It will be built and shipped to your dealer regardless if you want it or not.

OP
OP
shortround_

shortround_

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Bronco, eruption green metallica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really appreciate the info. I will call the GM in the morning.

I did confirm the 'covert pro protection' plan with my sales rep. He and the other guy had different prices it. After some discussion he admitted they price it as a percentage of the car price + what they think the 'uke' is willing to pay. Meaning if you are buying a $15k car it's $500, for a $50k car it's $4k for the same plan if they think you can afford it.

nx40yrs

Heritage
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For anyone in SoCal, best Ford Deaer, Galpin Motors in the Valley. Ask for Don R he is the best

Cheers,
Gordon
Sponsored