First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I towed with my Bronco/ Wildtrak w/ HOSS 3.0 Suspension / 2 door last night. Small trailer with big mower est. 1500lbs. Pulled great with zero issues. We have an uphill ramp onto the interstate my 3.5 eco boost F-150 pulled to 70mph easily, our 3.0 Ecoboost Explorer would get there if you was into the gas. Bronco never went above 2500rpms and was about 72 mph at the end.

So my opinion it closer to the F-150 than an Explorer. pulled at 72 mph with no down shifting in settle hills. Filled up to get an idea on MPG 15.2 over 48 miles about 20 miles on interstate rest in traffic in town.

On of my likes is the tight turning radius. Little trailers will not turn under the truck. You can really control trailer backing up. I’m sure some rookie backing a boat up will still F things up. Experienced guys will love it.

I also noticed it was quite compared some of our other cars. SUVs are very noisy with this combo.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How were the dynamics on the open highway?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 2 door maneuverability is so tight. Especially compared to an F150 which steers like the Titanic. It's got to be like moving a trailer around with a forklift.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing that frustrates me about towing with the Bronco is the fact that the hitch is virtually unusable without an extension. The spare tire sits so close to the hitch that you cannot use the latch on the trailer properly unless you use a drop hitch which may not be appropriate for all trailers. Anyway, it's a minor problem & just a PIA when towing.

OP
OP
TC1

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2 door maneuverability is so tight. Especially compared to an F150 which steers like the Titanic. It's got to be like moving a trailer around with a forklift.
That is exactly how it feels
Towing only 1500 lbs its going to feel ike its not even pulling a trailer.
true it didn’t even feel it back there. Which surprised me as same set up on the explorer you could tell you was pull something. The Explorer towing is much higher and motor more powerful. I’m sure it the gearing

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been think about changing to WT just to get the HOSS 3.0 when I reorder for 2023
I’m hearing it will be an option and you do not have to go Wildtrak. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have hauled 2900lbs (maxing out trailer tires) with manual ford focus' no problem. The 2-door manual Bronco makes it seem like nothing is there. Granny gear starting out on a hill is cheating.

Sponsored

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a 4 door. But coming from a old 2 door f150, insanely more maneuverable. Feels closer to rental cars I've had than that 2006 f150.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow…I love that build. Green with the yellow/orange is amazing

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

how was the ride quality on highway, was it smooth or did you find suspension bit tight

OP
OP
TC1

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was the same as normal but my trailer and mower is balanced very well there is only about 160 lbs of ton weight on the hitch

9100toZero

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I towed with my Bronco/ Wildtrak w/ HOSS 3.0 Suspension / 2 door last night. Small trailer with big mower est. 1500lbs. Pulled great with zero issues. We have an uphill ramp onto the interstate my 3.5 eco boost F-150 pulled to 70mph easily, our 3.0 Ecoboost Explorer would get there if you was into the gas. Bronco never went above 2500rpms and was about 72 mph at the end.

So my opinion it closer to the F-150 than an Explorer. pulled at 72 mph with no down shifting in settle hills. Filled up to get an idea on MPG 15.2 over 48 miles about 20 miles on interstate rest in traffic in town.

On of my likes is the tight turning radius. Little trailers will not turn under the truck. You can really control trailer backing up. I’m sure some rookie backing a boat up will still F things up. Experienced guys will love it.

I also noticed it was quite compared some of our other cars. SUVs are very noisy with this combo.
We pulled 3100# enclosed trailer and only got 9.6 mpg but handled great
Sponsored