Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has been amazing. We are on the first leg of a 3000 mile road trip with our bronco & camper and its been incredible. Done about 400 miles so far, mpgs have been sitting at 16.2 w/ 93 ultra and temps never redlined - super impressed. Our trailer weighs about 2600lbs packed out so nothing crazy, but damn I was gettin in the single digits with mpg before this. Sway control works amazing and the trailer light test is a huge help. Will report back further down the line!

IMG_4417.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I found Sport Mode to be a more satisfying towing experience. Better fuel economy and seat of the pants meter was better (like I said in another thread on this issue, I was too stupid to monitor actual gauges. Duh!).

AZ Rider

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 7.3, F-450 V10 Class C, Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trailer light test? Where did you access that test?

OP
OP
Darrow

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Trailer light test? Where did you access that test?
So if you hit features and go into towing its called “trailer light check” - you can also do it from the fordpass app
Ford Bronco My towing experience IMG_4466

Sponsored
OP
OP
Darrow

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found Sport Mode to be a more satisfying towing experience. Better fuel economy and seat of the pants meter was better (like I said in another thread on this issue, I was too stupid to monitor actual gauges. Duh!).
Going 300 miles tomorrow, definitely trying sport!! Aiming to hit all GOAT modes on this trip - got baja and sand today

IMG_4455.jpeg

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going 300 miles tomorrow, definitely trying sport!! Aiming to hit all GOAT modes on this trip - got baja and sand today

Ford Bronco My towing experience IMG_4455
Yes. The biggest difference is how much less throttle is required to accomplish the same amount of work. Sand? Sand was the bane of my existence in a 9,000 lb. Diesel pickup as I always felt like it was gonna get me stuck. Now sand is an incredible amount of fun.

OP
OP
Darrow

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. The biggest difference is how much less throttle is required to accomplish the same amount of work. Sand? Sand was the bane of my existence in a 9,000 lb. Diesel pickup as I always felt like it was gonna get me stuck. Now sand is an incredible amount of fun.
Sand + trail turn assist is just amazing lol. When you turn on sand it turns on the rear lockers. I turned ‘em off everytime tho. Do you typically leave ‘em on for sand?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sand + trail turn assist is just amazing lol. When you turn on sand it turns on the rear lockers. I turned ‘em off everytime tho. Do you typically leave ‘em on for sand?
Yes, I leave the lockers on in sand mode unless I'm traversing normal ground between sand. I've got no experience in sand, so I trust the GOAT.

AZ Rider

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 7.3, F-450 V10 Class C, Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the factory tow package but don’t have this ability on my Ford Pass or in my tow features.
Ford Bronco My towing experience 1680868638412

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if you hit features and go into towing its called “trailer light check” - you can also do it from the fordpass app
Is this on your Bronco? I only see references to the F150 using this option.

OP
OP
Darrow

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea the screenshot is from my ford pass - vehicle, features and settings, trailer light check. I have been using it from the broncos sync 4 screen tho.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have this on my app, does the trailer have to be connected? is there some some "Forscan" magic going on here?

When I test my lights I turn on the headlights and the 4-way flashers to make sure they all are working.

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has been amazing. We are on the first leg of a 3000 mile road trip with our bronco & camper and its been incredible. Done about 400 miles so far, mpgs have been sitting at 16.2 w/ 93 ultra and temps never redlined - super impressed. Our trailer weighs about 2600lbs packed out so nothing crazy, but damn I was gettin in the single digits with mpg before this. Sway control works amazing and the trailer light test is a huge help. Will report back further down the line!

This is me in 4 years (retirement)…you are doin it right, keep posting your adventure to assist me with my day dreaming 🤪

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea the screenshot is from my ford pass - vehicle, features and settings, trailer light check. I have been using it from the broncos sync 4 screen tho.
I'm definitely missing something here. When you get a spare moment please post a screen shot of your HOME screen and VEHICLE screen before selecting FEATURES & SETTINGS. Also are you IOS or Android?
THANKS!!
Sponsored