First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From what I was told, they estimate the time it gets to the train drop off point and add a couple of weeks, because most cas get picked up within that time frame if they are not damaged during the unloading operations. If the car gets picked up earlier than they are good.
so mine is convoy, no train. that makes sense then b/c the ETA was 3 weeks from blend date. so my ETA is crap shoot based on when a driver picks it.
Sponsored

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mgp1 @jguinn777 @Brave Man @luvtofish Feels like we are missing something. Would there be a yard dispatcher telling the driver for Wichita to pull a, b and c, while telling the Topeka driver to pull x, y and z and the Pittsburg driver something else?
That makes logical sense to me. But more likely they have a bunch of routes predefined and they allow the trucker to choose which one he wants and that fits with his schedule. Just spoke to my salesman and told him that railtracking placed the Bronco in KC on the 28th. He said maybe, it could still be on its way there. He then said they have no control over when it will arrive and that they used to be able to drive up and retrieve the vehicles (dealer is 30 min south of KC) but not able to do so anymore. He said he would call me the minute it arrives whenever that is.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
@mgp1 @jguinn777 @Brave Man @luvtofish Feels like we are missing something. Would there be a yard dispatcher telling the driver for Wichita to pull a, b and c, while telling the Topeka driver to pull x, y and z and the Pittsburg driver something else?
I'm guessing that's how it works. The driver comes in, informs the rail yard of his route, then the rail yard gives him which cars he could load for that particular route. That's the only way I can see it working.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
right

I am a salesperson here in wichita ks for ford and I can say this is correct there is no rhyme or reason for when cars come in we received a bronco yesterday thats blend date was 3/22 and on that same truck received one that has a blend date of 5/25
It would make so much more sense if they let the dealer arrange pick up in my opinion, that way ya'll could get the cars you need instead of waiting on someone else to make the decision to bring it to you.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
right

I am a salesperson here in wichita ks for ford and I can say this is correct there is no rhyme or reason for when cars come in we received a bronco yesterday thats blend date was 3/22 and on that same truck received one that has a blend date of 5/25
Also, really hoping that 3/22 blend that was on the truck with the 5/25 was one of the chip hold Broncos and had recently been released from the plant and didn't sit in a rail yard for almost 4 months 🙃

Sponsored

jguinn777

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 xlt powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So just curious, if there is no rhyme or reason (which does seem like the case on these forums) what is the ETA we get from Ford? How can they have an ETA if it's random or up to the truck driver what car gets picked when?
from what ive seen their eta is a hope and a dream that based on a perfect scenario you get your vehicle if that makes sense and they can always send another email saying new eta and customers are happy because now this one is real
i am in sales and in the same boat as you guys I have learned more on this thread than ever before about how vehicles come to the dealership because we are in the dark more than you are

Mikei

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
from what ive seen their eta is a hope and a dream that based on a perfect scenario you get your vehicle if that makes sense and they can always send another email saying new eta and customers are happy because now this one is real
i am in sales and in the same boat as you guys I have learned more on this thread than ever before about how vehicles come to the dealership because we are in the dark more than you are
The funny thing is my neighbor got his Bronco a few months ago and he told me the dealer said they had no idea it was coming, it just showed up. I figured that was BS to cover some laziness, but maybe it was true. :)

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What reason are they giving you when you ask for railcar number? Both chat and customer support offered it to me without even having to ask. I don't understand why they won't give it to you...that's annoying. Has it for sure been shipped?
They said the info isn’t available. But that it has left MAP and is in transit. Idk

jguinn777

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 xlt powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The funny thing is my neighbor got his Bronco a few months ago and he told me the dealer said they had no idea it was coming, it just showed up. I figured that was BS to cover some laziness, but maybe it was true. :)
it really is
the only person more excited for your bronco to get here is the salesperson because we do not get paid on the unit until you take delivery
but we are left in the dark for most of everything until it just shows up

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
They said the info isn’t available. But that it has left MAP and is in transit. Idk
Hmmm..I'm not exactly what the process is leaving MAP. Are they loaded directly into a rail car there or transported off site before they're loaded. If the second option is the case and it has been transported off site to be loaded into a rail car, maybe it just hasn't been placed into one and a rail car number will populate when it has. This would explain as to why they show it is "in transit", because it was released from MAP to the rail yard. If they are loaded into rail cars at MAP, this wouldn't make any sense. Hopefully it will just show up and surprise you!

Sponsored

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm..I'm not exactly what the process is leaving MAP. Are they loaded directly into a rail car there or transported off site before they're loaded. If the second option is the case and it has been transported off site to be loaded into a rail car, maybe it just hasn't been placed into one and a rail car number will populate when it has. This would explain as to why they show it is "in transit", because it was released from MAP to the rail yard. If they are loaded into rail cars at MAP, this wouldn't make any sense. Hopefully it will just show up and surprise you!
At this point that’s what I expect will happen.

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got off the phone with them and was told mine is passing thru Blue Island, Illinois. There wasn't a railcar number assigned.
Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Swallace05

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got off the phone with them and was told mine is passing thru Blue Island, Illinois. There wasn't a railcar number assigned.
I think Blue Island is a big rail interchange near Chicago. That's where mine changed from CSX to BNSF.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s interesting. I spoke with Ford Customer Support today and was also informed no railcar number had been assigned but the dealer would be able to provide it to me. Makes no sense, a railcar number hasn’t been assigned but the dealer can access the railcar number? Smells like bullshit. So, I called the dealer and he told me they were no longer providing railcar numbers to their customers. Said he’d see me in a couple weeks?
Sponsored

Last edited: