Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this the deal where the screws in the fuse box need to be tightened? It's detecting circuit problems so this is not just a fuel pump issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
B stands for Bronco...
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any update on this situation? Mines doing the same 6800 miles in
As of Tuesday, the dealer texted and said they ordered a "fuse junction box" and hoped to have it by this week (week of the 18th). I should hear something in the next few days. Hopefully it is "hey, it's fixed and good to go" and not "hey, that fixed one thing, but now something else is going on". We shall see!

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do all these alerts get created because one thing is wrong, like a bad fuel pump, etc. Did you try replacing the gas cap. 99% of the time I get all these code on the ole JK it's the fuel cap. In almost 14 years I have replaced 5 gas caps.
What gas cap?

Sponsored

Winterg

Black Diamond
First Name
Georgia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As of Tuesday, the dealer texted and said they ordered a "fuse junction box" and hoped to have it by this week (week of the 18th). I should hear something in the next few days. Hopefully it is "hey, it's fixed and good to go" and not "hey, that fixed one thing, but now something else is going on". We shall see!
My dealer is saying it’s a pcm issue

Try4mud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they ever get it fixed? I’m over 5 weeks at this point with them and corporate having not clue what’s wrong.

First they said fuel pump, then the junction box, now it’s “Ford wants to a wire overlay to PCM and retest.

Try4mud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol apparently

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is most disturbing about these issues is how the Ford dealership or service departments are completely inept . They just let the customer Bronco sit for days and weeks on end, then they try to guess what is wrong and begin throwing parts at it while they cross their fingers . I hope they got the OP up and going.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was afraid of that, but the "electrical fault" part was throwing me off. Dang...I clay barred it and hand waxed with Mother's California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnuba paste.... is that the wrong one? 😕
It was fine .... until you posted here on the open internet about it.
Ford has a special team of paralegals that do this type of research on the interwebtubes.

🤣🤣🤣
Joking aside, Subaru has been known to void warranties of the WRX crowd if they were posting pics of their "track days".

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.7 engine. Went out to grab lunch and on the way home it sputtered while cruising at 50mph, but then was OK for next mile or so. Came to a stop light and went to go through intersection and it died. Coasted through and pulled over, put in park restarted, made it about a 1/2 mile and sputtered and died again, restarted made it another 1/2 mile or so and died again. Was able to make it another 1/2 mile to house (thankfully). Now if I start it, it will die almost right away. No codes at first, but now engine light on and these alerts have shown up. No issues before this. Ran great from picking up in SC and driving 8 hrs to central Florida and a few trips around town. Checked what I could for loose connections at battery and fuse blocks. Didn't see any wiring loose or hanging underneath. At the dealer now and to be looked at late tomorrow morning. Hoping it is not too bad. Dealer already warned us that they haven't worked on too many of these and it may take a while (Sweet!). In the short time we've had the Bronco, we do love it and hope this is just a small hiccup, albeit a bummer of a hiccup.
Screenshot_20221208-141559_FordPass.jpg
Faulty fuel pump

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this the deal where the screws in the fuse box need to be tightened? It's detecting circuit problems so this is not just a fuel pump issue.
Yeah could just be a ground issue or loose power issue. Have you check the bolt in the battery junction box? IT’s documented on this site

OP
OP
B stands for Bronco...
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone, I wasn't forgetting to do an update, just didn't have any updates to give until now! 7 weeks after having it towed in, we finally got it back! They replaced the fuse junction box (12/19) and that was not it. A few days before Christmas, they said they were ordering a new PCM and had no idea when they would get it. It finally came in 1/25 and was ready for pickup the next Wed. Have only had it back a few days and have put about 50 miles on it, but all seems to be good thus far 😃. It'll take some time to totally trust again after having it die in an intersection like it did (then multiple times after), but looking forward to getting past that in time and really enjoying the Bronco.
Since they replaced the junction box and that did not fix it, I guess it was not a loose ground or power wire (I tried to check this and other things mentioned on these forums when we made it home that day before calling to have it towed in). Also guessing the fuel pump itself is OK since the PCM seems to have fixed it, but I guess we'll see.
Below is what they texted me after saying it was fixed and ready for pickup:
Ford Bronco 641 miles on 2.7 Bronco and here comes the tow truck Screenshot_20230204_133312_Messages

Try4mud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy to hear you got yours back. I guess I have another two weeks then...
Sponsored