Sponsored

6th Gen Bronco to Succeed where the Hummer h3 Failed.

OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And my lifted OJ Bronco....lol

17039_101125543252087_8022107_n.jpg

17039_101125993252042_7664997_n.jpg

134575_172835792747728_6894886_o.jpg

1025279_595352857162684_461901942_o.jpg
I love it! What year is your 5th Gen Bronco? I've got a 94. The antithesis of an OJ Bronco. ?

IMG_20200811_183421.jpg
Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
- Compact SUV boom- My correction. And compact cars. Mazda Speed 3’s, evo’s, gti’s, crv’s, rav 4’s, small versions of big things were booming. I remember really wanting a speed 3... I still want a speed 3. Vehicles were getting smaller and efficient.

OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oil was over 100 dollars a barrel.
The SUV market was dead.

Not sure about those figures but Ill take your word for it. Im betting shortened production year for one, and you couldnt get your hands on an H3T, especially the Alpha.
Valid points. Thanks again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a 96.
I wish I had kept it.
I lost a lot from the crash. :(
Sorry to hear that. But I'm sure you're new Bronco will be awesome!

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to hear that. But I'm sure you're new Bronco will be awesome!
Aw thanks...that's life I guess.
The bronco will be more my wifes.
She's picked a badlands with lux..lol...well she picked the color.;)

OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Compact SUV boom- My correction. And compact cars. Mazda Speed 3’s, evo’s, gti’s, crv’s, rav 4’s, small versions of big things were booming. I remember really wanting a speed 3... I still want a speed 3. Vehicles were getting smaller and efficient.
True, modern small engine tech and performance is amazing. Of course Ford hasn't come out with MPG ratings for the new Bronco, but I don't think they'll be great, nor should they be. U.S. Gas prices should stay low since the Country is more energy independent that we have been in Generations. So I don't see fuel efficiency being as big a factor as it was. At least in the near future. Gas prices may have killed the h3? But it shouldn't be an issue with the new Bronco? Good conversation everyone. I'm just looking for parallels between the new Bronco and the h3, because so far they seem to be similar rugged off-road vehicles. I hope the eventual lack of popularity of the h3 doesn't happen to the new Bronco once the buzz wears off.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Not made by GM

end of list
yeah #1 pretty much explains it. I am not loyal to any brand, but (aside from a vette) you would pretty much have to give me the car for free in order for me to drive it if it’s made by GM.

OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aw thanks...that's life I guess.
The bronco will be more my wifes.
She's picked a badlands with lux..lol...well she picked the color.;)
I reserved a Badlands too. And I'll probably go with the Lux Package as well. Gotta love that 12" screen.

Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s hard for me to compare the H3 with the Bronco. They were designed for different driving patterns. The H3 was around at the worst time, the bronco is coming out at the best possible time. H3 wasn’t a main GM product, it suffered the chopping block when GM couldn’t afford multiple different Car lines that pretty much was the same vehicles with different bodies. Bronco is a ford, it’s the only ford like it is in this class. I don’t want a Jeep, love the way they look but don’t like the engine or trans, or the out dated interior. Jeep has had so long to make that engine better, make the interior better, make it not look like it did in 2006. Bronco is new, it’s something different that isn’t played out, more than likely we will have competition between Jeep and ford and get great after market support and factory support. I’m not a Jeep hater by any means, but being a mechanic I just cant own a fiat product.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yeah #1 pretty much explains it. I am not loyal to any brand, but (aside from a vette) you would pretty much have to give me the car for free in order for me to drive it if it’s made by GM.
If there's one thing more consistent than GM's basic engineering prowess (they have some very solid engineering when they settle down and focus), it's their ability to shoot themselves in the foot. Every. Single. Time.

OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s hard for me to compare the H3 with the Bronco. They were designed for different driving patterns. The H3 was around at the worst time, the bronco is coming out at the best possible time. H3 wasn’t a main GM product, it suffered the chopping block when GM couldn’t afford multiple different Car lines that pretty much was the same vehicles with different bodies. Bronco is a ford, it’s the only ford like it is in this class. I don’t want a Jeep, love the way they look but don’t like the engine or trans, or the out dated interior. Jeep has had so long to make that engine better, make the interior better, make it not look like it did in 2006. Bronco is new, it’s something different that isn’t played out, more than likely we will have competition between Jeep and ford and get great after market support and factory support. I’m not a Jeep hater by any means, but being a mechanic I just cant own a fiat product.
Well said, and I agree with your points of view. Thanks!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest I completely forgot about the Hummer (except in the military). The only time I heard anything regarding a Hummer is about a celebrity owning one, which wasn't often.

OP
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest I completely forgot about the Hummer (except in the military). The only time I heard anything regarding a Hummer is about a celebrity owning one, which wasn't often.
I know what you mean. The reason I started this thread, is I saw an h3 on the way home last night. I don't see many of them. I thought, why wasn't the h3 more popular? It's a good size, not too big, not too small. They look good, rugged and off road capable. Why didn't GM sell more of them?
Sponsored