Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe I’m paranoid. But I don’t trust Ford to make things easy if you don’t get the factory option. For example this bulletin on early build 21 F150s:
Ya I get what you're saying BUT the tow package on the Bronco isn't anything special. There is no trailer brake controller, it's literally just wiring and a receiver, both of which are already verified as accessories you have buy separately.
Sponsored

BstG

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRaptor, 2020 GT500, 2021 Bronco FE,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
7/13 Wild trak. Nothing. Dealer told me I am there earliest reservation
same here. 2 door wildtrak 7/13 9:45 reservation and #1 allocation at dealer.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still nothing for me yet! (Build is in signature)

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesn’t bode well for us late reservations, and by late I mean 7/15.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's all about the dealer, not the reservations I am finding out the more I read through the posts. How would we know that in the beginning when we placed our reservations and selected a dealer?

Can we look into changing dealers now that may have more allocations or be able to get us a build sooner?

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7/13 at 10:57 EDT
2-door, OBX, SAS, LUX, tow
Crickets...

AJS

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m unfortunately in this boat and wondering how many others that have not received a build date with a 7/13 Reservation.

Badlands
2.7L
MIC
Lux
Tow
I called the ford customer hotline, 800-334-4375. 7/13 res BL, 2.7L, MIC, Lux, Tow - prod date of 6-21, pushed to 7/12. But the lady on the phone said it was in production in Michigan!! No delivery date...

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, a few things here:

1. Get rid of the tow package. You can buy it as an accessory and I'm sure your dealer can put it on for you WHEN it comes in. It may cost a little bit more to do it this way but you may get an earlier build date which would be worth every penny. You can also buy the tow package aftermarket.

2. Get rid of the of the grill guard. It literally bolts on with 8 bolts so it is like the easiest accessory to add at a later time, 1000% there will be better versions from aftermarket, it's useless,... pick a reason. There is no reason to have it on your order unless you just want to wait to get a build date.

3. My advice for a day one reservation is to stick it out on the MIC top. You don't want to wait until 2023. It may delay your order an month or two but it's going to be worth the wait. Keep an eye out with your dealer though, if they have low allocations and they start getting soft-tops on the lot it may bump you to a 22 so just be aware of what's happening.
Yeah, no tow package or grill guard on my order, and it's a 2 door so MIC is the only option. Still no email. I know folks are saying that Ford isn't throwing darts at orders on the wall, but I'm really having trouble believing that.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all about the dealer, not the reservations I am finding out the more I read through the posts. How would we know that in the beginning when we placed our reservations and selected a dealer?

Can we look into changing dealers now that may have more allocations or be able to get us a build sooner?

I guess I don't understand how you're coming to that conclusion. There are orders being filled from early to later reservation times, small and larger dealers, some first on the dealer allocation list and some way down the list. Darts I tell you, they are throwing darts lol.

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same.
4dr Big Bend, 2.7, SAS, Mid, MIC, Sig Light, Keypad Entry

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, no tow package or grill guard on my order, and it's a 2 door so MIC is the only option. Still no email. I know folks are saying that Ford isn't throwing darts at orders on the wall, but I'm really having trouble believing that.
The number 1 thing they look at with order scheduling is dealer allocations (dividing those up throughout the model year), then they'll find what they can build with commodities, THEN they'll look at time stamps. I think the whole dealer allocation thing is BS and they should have scheduled by commodities and timestamps alone, but that's a separate discussion.

So that being said, you don't want to be caught with by a commodity constraint because they'll build what they can when they can and when the meet the dealer's cycle quota it'll push you back a month. It's all about timing and luck with commodity stock and you want to maximize your chances. Call your dealer and find out how many Broncos they have to be scheduled this cycle and find out what position you're in, that should give you an idea where you would be if commodities weren't an issue.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The number 1 thing they look at with order scheduling is dealer allocations (dividing those up throughout the model year), then they'll find what they can build with commodities, THEN they'll look at time stamps. I think the whole dealer allocation thing is BS and they should have scheduled by commodities and timestamps alone, but that's a separate discussion.

So that being said, you don't want to be caught with by a commodity constraint because they'll build what they can when they can and when the meet the dealer's cycle quota it'll push you back a month. It's all about timing and luck with commodity stock and you want to maximize your chances. Call your dealer and find out how many Broncos they have to be scheduled this cycle and find out what position you're in, that should give you an idea where you would be if commodities weren't an issue.
My dealer has 18 allocations, I'm number 4, and they've yet to have a bronco get a build date yet.

OP
OP
Jedi2.0

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, a few things here:

1. Get rid of the tow package. You can buy it as an accessory and I'm sure your dealer can put it on for you WHEN it comes in. It may cost a little bit more to do it this way but you may get an earlier build date which would be worth every penny. You can also buy the tow package aftermarket.

2. Get rid of the of the grill guard. It literally bolts on with 8 bolts so it is like the easiest accessory to add at a later time, 1000% there will be better versions from aftermarket, it's useless,... pick a reason. There is no reason to have it on your order unless you just want to wait to get a build date.

3. My advice for a day one reservation is to stick it out on the MIC top. You don't want to wait until 2023. It may delay your order an month or two but it's going to be worth the wait. Keep an eye out with your dealer though, if they have low allocations and they start getting soft-tops on the lot it may bump you to a 22 so just be aware of what's happening.
My dealer does have a low allocation of 9. I spoke with them about the concern about getting bumped and he explained that the “stock” soft tops they would receive would not count against allocations. He said they would be used as loaner/demo vehicles and would not be able to sell them for 6 months or 10k miles were put on them.

As for the Tow, I’m sticking with it bc of the trailer break hookup.While I’m keeping my F150 for primary towing. I will likely utilize the Bronco to tow a 2500lbs boat from time to time. When stopping I can feel it push the F150 a bit and can imagine the Bronco would have a even harder time stopping with that.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m unfortunately in this boat and wondering how many others that have not received a build date with a 7/13 Reservation.

Badlands
2.7L
MIC
Lux
Tow
I'm a 7/13/20 reservation, 1/20/21 order date with the same build, and no build date email. 😢
Sponsored