Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve only driven/owned manual cars and I’m used to having to feather the gas to get the rev match when i’m downshifting. On the manual in the Bronco I have noticed that the rps drop rather quickly when clutch in and trying to get the revs up? I have tried down shifting without rev matching manually and it seems that the car doesn’t jerk if im at in fifth 1.8~ and it goes to fourth 2.4~ (just an example). I just want to keep the trans healthy :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When downshifting you need to blip the throttle to rev match to the lower gear. Once you get used to rev matching you'll do it without thinking about it and once you know your car you should be able to match the revs perfectly and won't need to feather the clutch.

Then, if you really wanted to get good at rev match downshifting you can try heal-toe rev matching when hitting the brakes. Mostly used during racing but it's a nice skill to have since you can do it when braking. :)

I wanted the 2.7 so my Bronco isn't stick but all my other cars have always been. Some modern cars have an auto rev match feature but I don't know if the bronco does.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
The FPT rev match will turn you into Emerson Fittipaldi.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agreed with the above. No performance tune on mine, but I always blip on downshifts. Sport mode makes it super easy and accurate.
Sponsored