Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something not often talked about, is the manual transmission gets Hill descent control too. In crawler gear it takes zero throttle input to go forward on flat terrain and very little at all on a grade. I'm glad I have the manual on my badlands. Waiting to wear out my 33s, then I'll buy some 35s.
Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, I did it, I changed to MT. I feel much better now, I didnt really want the Auto if I'm honest, I really wanted the 2.7 and it just forced my hand.

Thanks guys! Now I wait again, since changing my order prob somehow pushed me back in the queu somehow, priority 10 and 7/14 res... still waiting.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from Moab after having taken delivery of my 7mt Badlands in October. All they had at Moab were 2.7, hence I drove the auto. While I enjoyed the trail control to an extent, the one pedal took way too much throttle to push through the brake application IMO, and the trail turn I would never use due to trail damage. At the end of the day, I was even happier to climb back into my 7 speed 2 door. The whole experience actually made me that much happier with my choices. Oh, and as far as any differences in ride quality between Sasquatch HOSS and Badlands HOSS, there ain't one... on trail or off, high speed or crawling. You are going to love the 7 speed.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have/ are you goi
Something not often talked about, is the manual transmission gets Hill descent control too. In crawler gear it takes zero throttle input to go forward on flat terrain and very little at all on a grade. I'm glad I have the manual on my badlands. Waiting to wear out my 33s, then I'll buy some 35s.
Do you have the option wheels? are you going to beadlock? Im in the same boat, debating how big to go. i will street the beadlock rings. Im not buying wheels, but i would run legit wheel spacers. so 35x10-11.5 i guess i could go 12.5 but i like skinnies.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have/ are you goi

Do you have the option wheels? are you going to beadlock? Im in the same boat, debating how big to go. i will street the beadlock rings. Im not buying wheels, but i would run legit wheel spacers. so 35x10-11.5 i guess i could go 12.5 but i like skinnies.
I do not. I like the look of the standard badlands alloys. I probably won't get beadlocks just because of my use case. I now live too far from a rocky environment to do that type of wheeling. On my Cherokee I always ran skinnies too.
Ford Bronco I Really Like the 7MT 20211220_161200

Ford Bronco I Really Like the 7MT 20141010_143537

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not. I like the look of the standard badlands alloys. I probably won't get beadlocks just because of my use case. I now live too far from a rocky environment to do that type of wheeling. On my Cherokee I always ran skinnies too.

Agreed, Iā€™m not in love with the standard Badlands wheels. They are a little too stock jeepish/mopar. I am happy with the 285/70R17 BFGā€™s, so Iā€™m looking to swap wheels only. Iā€™m looking at +35mm Methods or something +30mm or less so I could fit 315/70R17 tires later if I get bored. Iā€™m not a big fan of the SAS wheels, but something that size or close will work. I donā€™t want too much poke.

B5CC7CD6-51C7-44D7-9585-BC39250C82DD.jpeg

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my 7MT Badlands 2-dr (non-Squatch) last weekend. Love the clutch and shifter setups. Love the gearing. Don't think I'd change a thing about it. Pickup is just fine for a vehicle I didn't buy to go fast. I really think they Ford did a great job. I don't have a ton of off-roading experience, but think I'll be just fine with the 7MT. BTW, I've got the standard wheels and think they look much better in person.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my 7MT Badlands 2-dr (non-Squatch) last weekend. Love the clutch and shifter setups. Love the gearing. Don't think I'd change a thing about it. Pickup is just fine for a vehicle I didn't buy to go fast. I really think they Ford did a great job. I don't have a ton of off-roading experience, but think I'll be just fine with the 7MT. BTW, I've got the standard wheels and think they look much better in person.
crawler gear makes things too easy, my friend who offroads with his Jeeps and trucks was blown away by it and his gf wanted to trade their Subie Sti got one

as far as pickup, super adds 30hp

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the change to the 7MT this morning. I sure am going to enjoy it! I was also one of those that said "if they offer a manual, I'll buy one." when the Bronco was announced, so I'm doing what I said I would do. I have gone back and forth on the 2.7l and the 7MT and the 7MT won!
I just hope that it comes soon!

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recommendation from me: add a sprint booster to your 7MT. The performance difference is very appreciable. Both my wife and I love the added pedal sensitivity and ability to get the turbo spooled up quick-smart.

Thereā€™s a few vendors out there but I have the one from here https://www.sprintboostercanada.com/

Also available in ā€˜Merica.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright, I did it, I changed to MT. I feel much better now, I didnt really want the Auto if I'm honest, I really wanted the 2.7 and it just forced my hand.

Thanks guys! Now I wait again, since changing my order prob somehow pushed me back in the queu somehow, priority 10 and 7/14 res... still waiting.
If you haven't yet, go check out my YouTube videos (link in my sig below) for a lot of content on the 7-speed and it's capabilities off-road. The "Return to Bronco Knoll" video especially.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially since you prefer manuals to auto. I actually prefer automatics but was curious about this 7-speed, and also wanted to test the capabilities of the Stripper Base Bronco so that's what I got for my first one. I've been very pleased with this transmission. My only issue is that it's harder (though not impossible) to shift gears with a burrito in one hand and a coke in the other :)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made the change to the 7MT this morning. I sure am going to enjoy it! I was also one of those that said "if they offer a manual, I'll buy one." when the Bronco was announced, so I'm doing what I said I would do. I have gone back and forth on the 2.7l and the 7MT and the 7MT won!
I just hope that it comes soon!
I changed mine on tuesday last week to MT, then got a VIN on Thursday so I guess I cant go back and forth anymore. :)
Yā€™all wonā€™t be disappointed. I assure you.
Sponsored