Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
any updates?
It sat at dealer for weeks waiting on parts. The APIM was still on order as well…along with the other laundry list of issues I had with it on a separate post; I got sick of the BS and picked it up and limped it over to another dealer and traded it in. Learned a lesson not to buy first gen vehicles. Also, as a long time ford fan, until they get their shit together I will not be buying another. Not only is my wife’s brand new 22 timberline expedition having issues, but 3 others I work with with brand new 2022 ford vehicles are having issues. Really sucks cause I’ve always enjoyed their products…but this is the 2nd ford in a row I’ve had issues with first being my 5.0 f150 from 2019 that consumed so much oil it would knock within 2k miles of an oil change…they bought that back 😂
Sponsored

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sat at dealer for weeks waiting on parts. The APIM was still on order as well…along with the other laundry list of issues I had with it on a separate post; I got sick of the BS and picked it up and limped it over to another dealer and traded it in. Learned a lesson not to buy first gen vehicles. Also, as a long time ford fan, until they get their shit together I will not be buying another. Not only is my wife’s brand new 22 timberline expedition having issues, but 3 others I work with with brand new 2022 ford vehicles are having issues. Really sucks cause I’ve always enjoyed their products…but this is the 2nd ford in a row I’ve had issues with first being my 5.0 f150 from 2019 that consumed so much oil it would knock within 2k miles of an oil change…they bought that back 😂
I had oil consumption issues on my 18 F150 and the fix from ford was a PCM update and a new dipstick! I understand the supposed issue & reasoning behind the PCM update but it wasn't exactly confidence inspiring. My 7MT Bronco has yet to arrive but I have my fingers crossed I don't run into similar issues. Best of luck!

Last edited:

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to jump in with 500 miles on my Badlands. I drove manual for years, but have had an auto for the last 6. Getting back into a stickshift was no problem, and I'm happy to compliment @Ford Motor Company on how great the shifter, clutch, and overall manual driving experience is, that aspect is a home run.

With that said, I definitely hear this noise on startup, and I am torn. On one hand I immediately thought about this being gear chatter, which isn't uncommon with manual transmissions. The noise became a lot obvious when I swapped from dual-mass to single-mass flywheel on another vehicle in the past, but mine is completely stock.

I bought it 2 weeks ago on the last warm day, so all my temperature experiences are from the teens to the 40s, but today it was low 50s and I noticed the sound went away once warmed up and or driving, but it seemed a bit intermittent and didn't just go away after the first ten minutes, this was on my way home after errands with everything up to temp per the auxiliary gauges.

I wanna chalk this up to me being paranoid about my new car, since I'm a gearhead and have heard this sound before. But, there are threads about this, and folks have had their transmissions replaced. I'm currently 50/50 on if this is A) normal operating noise and cold weather, or B) an issue from needing better fluid to it being a crappy bearing.

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer now thinks it’s a slave cylinder issue, the parts on back order and the earliest I could see my bronco back is January 2023. Wtf I miss my manual tacoma

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer now thinks it’s a slave cylinder issue, the parts on back order and the earliest I could see my bronco back is January 2023. Wtf I miss my manual tacoma
They thought that on mine at first but tested it and pressures were good. Weird.

Sponsored

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the slave cylinder isn’t working the transmission is going to have wear from all the grinding, they’re probably going to replace the cylinder and when it continues to make the noise order another part. Maybe I’ll see it by February. I’ve never had a transmission issue with any car and ne er thought I’d have one one month into ownership. Seems to be enough effected vehicles for a recall.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the slave cylinder isn’t working the transmission is going to have wear from all the grinding, they’re probably going to replace the cylinder and when it continues to make the noise order another part. Maybe I’ll see it by February. I’ve never had a transmission issue with any car and ne er thought I’d have one one month into ownership. Seems to be enough effected vehicles for a recall.
Yeah good luck with Ford admitting to anything. Been lifetime Ford fan and owner but I don’t think I’ll buy another after this and the issues with my wife’s 2022 expedition and with everyone I know having issues. Idk what’s going on but it’s sad. Hopefully they fix it for you! Just gonna be a long journey. When the technician after driving mine and inspecting it twice thoroughly recommended new trans cause he physically had issues getting it from 2nd to 3rd; and Ford went around to start changing out clutch parts to see if they could fix it cheap and when I was told to just “bring it back when it doesn’t work and we’ll keep after it” I said no I’m not wasting my time and putting my family at risk breaking down or getting in an accident cause they won’t fix the problem.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is currently being built, 11/16 blend and no word. Maybe this trans issue is why. I hope they find the issue before It is shipped.

libtech

Big Bend
First Name
Libo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
resurrecting a zombie thread but reading this makes me feel like I’m not crazy. For 5000 miles now stepping on the clutch pedal (disengagement) often comes with a rough shudder noise. However this has not affected on road / off road performance.

haa anyone actually got to the bottom of what is causing this sound? (Slave cylinder? Fly wheel?). My clunky 6 speed in my wrx sounds so smooth compared to thr Bronco.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to say it but I think this forum is going to start filling up with more manual transmission problem posts as miles get put on. The 7MT being unavailable behind the 2.7 and initially unavailable with Sasquatch told me everything I needed to know to avoid it.
I think the manual is fine behind the 2.3, just seems there are some issues with input shaft bearings or something.

The reason the manual wasn't initially available with the sasquatch package is because the 2.3 wasn't available with sasquatch until people said they wanted to be able to get the 2.3 with sasquatch, and also with the manual. I think ford figured nobody would want the 2.3 with the sasquatch package because it gets worse mileage highway than city.

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the manual is fine behind the 2.3, just seems there are some issues with input shaft bearings or something.

The reason the manual wasn't initially available with the sasquatch package is because the 2.3 wasn't available with sasquatch until people said they wanted to be able to get the 2.3 with sasquatch, and also with the manual. I think ford figured nobody would want the 2.3 with the sasquatch package because it gets worse mileage highway than city.
i guess i better alter my skinny pedal habits. i'm getting better mileage highway than city (with the ford performance tune). and city's not bad at 20.5 mpg (2.3L/7MT/BadSquatch/MIC). i do take about an 0.5 mpg hit if i've got the Bestop Sunrider open aka the 'airbrake'.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i guess i better alter my skinny pedal habits. i'm getting better mileage highway than city (with the ford performance tune). and city's not bad at 20.5 mpg (2.3L/7MT/BadSquatch/MIC). i do take about an 0.5 mpg hit if i've got the Bestop Sunrider open aka the 'airbrake'.
Sorry, the 2.3 gets worse highway than city mileage with the auto, but thats pretty impressive mpg. i get 18 or 16 highway depending if i'm driving with or against the wind lol.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the ford performance tune made a big improvement in mpg!

bumped city from ~ 17 up to 20.5 mpg (all on premium)

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My non-SAS Badlands, completely stock with 93 octane, is averaging 20.7mpg with mixed driving! I don't know how, but its impressive. The only thing I could think of is that I don't use 6th gear much, since going fast enough to make it useful means you're hitting the aero wall and forcing the 2.3 to run in boost. In 5th gear I'm always in vacuum going ~70mph, but if I shift to 6th going 75-80mph it'll frequently be at 1-2psi of boost while trying to maintain the speed.
Sponsored