Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BaseBlackCoupe how do you order, do you have to contact directly? I can't see a way to purchase on their site yet
Sponsored

Will_in_HiFi

Black Diamond
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shift knobs are coming. The really really saucy kind. 😉
Hopefully with color matched options. I'd love to have an oxford white one.

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hopefully with color matched options. I'd love to have an oxford white one.
Designs are in process. As far as custom colors go, that's a yes. But, with anything custom, it will just take more time. If OEM paint match is what the majority of people will want, I'll take that into account, and have the paint data dialed up to coincide with production. You may not know this, but one of the greatest shift knob designers on this side of the dirt is on the AR team and has been salivating for this opportunity.

Will_in_HiFi

Black Diamond
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Designs are in process. As far as custom colors go, that's a yes. But, with anything custom, it will just take more time. If OEM paint match is what the majority of people will want, I'll take that into account, and have the paint data dialed up to coincide with production. You may not know this, but one of the greatest shift knob designers on this side of the dirt is on the AR team and has been salivating for this opportunity.
Awesome, thank you!

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been my favorite piece of unobtaineum or nonexistium yet. Big fan of hardwoods, leather, stainless and brushed anodized metal surfaces. Would be nice to swap caps for different feels or text/ no text.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the adapter will raise the factory shifter height by about 1"... I'm out on that. Gonna order a hurst 6" lay back today and build a custom setup eliminating the factory lockout. I'll post pics.
I have the boomba already and like it, but id also be willing to try this. Did they say when it will be out?

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple suggestions:
*Knob should be larger than the Boomba knob. It’s too small.
*You should offer some kind of retro design to fit with the Bronco styling (white cue ball?)

I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Keep us posted.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of Boomba, I gotta get back in shape, those knobs arent easy to take back off

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question. I’m not really experience with manual transmission practices, especially in new vehicles (I learned to drive it on 10-20 year old ones). But a common thing I hear is to not use the stick in your manual trans as a hand rest because it puts weight and stress on the transmission.

Wouldnt a weighted shift knob also do this? If not, why not?

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question. I’m not really experience with manual transmission practices, especially in new vehicles (I learned to drive it on 10-20 year old ones). But a common thing I hear is to not use the stick in your manual trans as a hand rest because it puts weight and stress on the transmission.

Wouldnt a weighted shift knob also do this? If not, why not?
I believe the Bronco 7MT is cable-actuated, so there is no mechanical connection between any axial load applied to the shifter and the transmission itself.

Personally, I'm hoping for a leather-wrapped billet aluminum option. The Boomba is out for me because 1. the touch points are plastic 2. that hideous branding on the base and 3. the base doesn't blend into the lockout, so it screams 'aftermarket'. I have the ECS knob below in my GTI, and it feels substantial enough without being large/cumbersome like the gaudy cue balls people love to stick in Fords. Yeah, the aluminum gets cold/hot, but that's why it's leather-wrapped. The ECS model is customizable with different colors and boot ring colors, to match/contrast however you like. I just turned the ring so the ECS branding faced forward, and you can't even see it.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love a sweet 3/4-size billiard ball with the pattern, I wanna say white, but the pimp in me thinks clear acrylic with glitter flake to match the different trim colors could look great.

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
l88m22vette.44129 - Sorry, Boomba is the only option. Small diameter and only in black.

There are rumors of other companies working on options, but nothing definitive.

JRRFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Mustang GT, F-250, Expedition KR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@EIGHTLUG any update on the development/timeline? I'm guessing the fender badges are taking a lot of focus 😂Thanks!

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG any update on the development/timeline? I'm guessing the fender badges are taking a lot of focus 😂Thanks!
Fender badges are out of my court now. They’re designed, machined, and are all at some point of the painting process. We’re finishing up the a roof rack design now and putting the finishing touches on our modular billet trail sight project.

The shift knob is next. We’ve already had a design meeting to discuss the sauces that will be applied. . . . . It’s going to be🤘🏽
Sponsored