Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At what point does a 2021 Model become a 2022?

What's the cut off?
Sponsored

notlimahttocs

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This might sound like a dumb question considering the track record Ford has had with communication issues, but wouldn't you think if the rumor of another shutdown for our 8/23 week were true we all would have gotten another email indicating a new later build date? Again, might be an odd question and maybe I already answered it. I'm just hoping they commit to the people they've already delayed after an initial build date.

OP
OP
CarreraX

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This might sound like a dumb question considering the track record Ford has had with communication issues, but wouldn't you think if the rumor of another shutdown for our 8/23 week were true we all would have gotten another email indicating a new later build date? Again, might be an odd question and maybe I already answered it. I'm just hoping they commit to the people they've already delayed after an initial build date.
I would like to think they would let us know but since the build week is still nearly 3 weeks out and with all the problems at Ford, I dont think they would want to let us know now and then make a change in a week or so and have to do it again. When it changes again (and Im pretty sure it will again with the current track record) it will be my 5th or 6th change. And Like I mentioned earlier, with all the problems we are seeing (Paint problems, engine, goat mode, top etc) Im getting more and more ok with waiting especially since we already missed summer.
No longer mad, just becoming the joke around the house since my family has had to hear me talk about for over a year now and whenever it gets close to a build date I come home and tell them it has been pushed out. At the end of the day its just a car and much bigger things to worry about. BUT, I still really want my Bronco. Come on Ford. Get it figured out and give us honest communication.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your VIN number determines the model year (at least that's how the states will treat it, no matter when it is delivered).

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May want to check your emails. I just got bumped to 8/30.
Pretty much everyone in the 8/16 thread just got bumped to 8/30 as well. Including me. No longer funny. Lol

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got an email saying I’m pushed from 8/23 to 8/30 too

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this is a dumb question but after searching the forum I'm still unsure how folks are getting their updated build week. Mine was 8/23 but it sounds like that may have changed based on what I'm reading here.
My pushbacks have come via email, just like the original build date. Started with Aug 9, then two emails in two days delaying till 16th and 23rd respectively.

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So everyone on 8/16 and 23 are being bumped to 8/30...that's not possible

OP
OP
CarreraX

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So everyone on 8/16 and 23 are being bumped to 8/30...that's not possible
If they cancelled production on weeks of 8/16 and 8/23, it certainly is possible unfortunately. I didnt get the email but Im sure its coming. Fortunately its pretty much par for the course at this point. Great job Ford.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guess I better call my damn Dealer again this morning for an update. Like the OP, VIN assigned in April for 6/26 build week, then bumped to 7/19, then 8/23, then assign a build day of 8/26.

2DR RR BB 2.3L MT AUX

notlimahttocs

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FWIW, my dealer just wrote to me indicating I am still showing a build date of 8/23 with ETA of mid-September. Still, not holding my breath ;)

OP
OP
CarreraX

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FWIW, my dealer just wrote to me indicating I am still showing a build date of 8/23 with ETA of mid-September. Still, not holding my breath ;)
Great news! Hopefully it stays true! Hang in there peeps!
Sponsored