Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started off as CSX. As of 2 days ago no new eta updates and it had been giving me etas to the next points. Now it’s saying something like no new eta information. So I thought I would just try UP to see if it had switched hands. Sure enough it was loaded and on its way at 5:20 this morning according to UP. CSX did not have that update in their phone tracking system. Maybe they take longer to update?? 🤷‍♀️
I'm on CSX as well. My first info/update was that it had arrive in Louisville, KY and that was on monday. On tuesday, it left Louisville for Atlanta, but I didn't have another update until this morning. That said, I think it's normal to have a lag between updates.
It's kinda cool how all this tracing works. I have a little insight into it from my day job.

The likely reason behind the delay of CSX getting data is that it has switched to tracks owned by UP. When that happens, the tracing is collected by UP. All of this is done with what is called EDI 214. It is a type of logistics industry standardized data exchange and the actual tracing uses RFID.
So, when the train is now on UP tracks, the RFID information is collected by UP, then there has to be a data exchange to CSX... that is where the delay can come in. It depends how their feeds from UP to CSX are set up. It could be instant (unlikely, that's a lot of data exchange), or some increment of minutes or hours. Some of our feed only update daily (boats). Some weekly (long haul pallets).

Unfortunately, I cannot use my system to track any of this (even my own), or I'll get in BIG trouble if it's noticed.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's kinda cool how all this tracing works. I have a little insight into it from my day job.

The likely reason behind the delay of CSX getting data is that it has switched to tracks owned by UP. When that happens, the tracing is collected by UP. All of this is done with what is called EDI 214. It is a type of logistics industry standardized data exchange and the actual tracing uses RFID.
So, when the train is now on UP tracks, the RFID information is collected by UP, then there has to be a data exchange to CSX... that is where the delay can come in. It depends how their feeds from UP to CSX are set up. It could be instant (unlikely, that's a lot of data exchange), or some increment of minutes or hours. Some of our feed only update daily (boats). Some weekly (long haul pallets).

Unfortunately, I cannot use my system to track any of this (even my own), or I'll get in BIG trouble if it's noticed.
REF*BLT**Submit all invoices electronically over Tesla’s supplier portal or using EDI 810~ ;)

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now mine has been 'constructively placed' with no ETA, about 7 miles from the final rail destination......

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now mine has been 'constructively placed' with no ETA, about 7 miles from the final rail destination......
Not a bad thing... just likely means it can't get into its parking spot for unload.
UP has a nifty glossary containing their terms and quite a few EDI terms.
https://www.up.com/customers/glossary/a-c/index.htm

search "constructive".

It's likely just 'sided' waiting for the ramp to clear.

cbratch

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some encouraging news for us with tracker "In Production" limbo after several days....just got off chat with Ford and mine was built on 9/18 (9/16 blend) and awaiting shipping. ETA at my dealership in MO is 10/1-10/7.

Might be worth a chat with Ford if you haven't yet and are in a similar boat.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All In know is I asked the
“ Lord please put
A ‘ hedge’ of protection around my Bronco as it
Slowly gets to its destination”!
…..” Oh…. And everyone else’s too!!!”
😜

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some encouraging news for us with tracker "In Production" limbo after several days....just got off chat with Ford and mine was built on 9/18 (9/16 blend) and awaiting shipping. ETA at my dealership in MO is 10/1-10/7.

I wonder who you talk to Ford about getting your assembly line/baby picture!!!??

boss351

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder who you talk to Ford about getting your assembly line/baby picture!!!??
I would love one also, but before it gets delivered.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who’s that administrator that’s always chiming in from Ford when somebody gets their vehicle maybe they can hear what we’re saying

we want our baby picture!!!!!

Sponsored

Apoovey13

Big Bend
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Did it update in the tracker? I’m in production limbo, and chat told me my first status is “in production” and my second status said “produced” and that I was not in a chip hold. Not sure I believe them without them actually using the word “built.”

cbratch

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did it update in the tracker? I’m in production limbo, and chat told me my first status is “in production” and my second status said “produced” and that I was not in a chip hold. Not sure I believe them without them actually using the word “built.”
My tracker still shows "In Production". Chat agent acknowledged the tracker wasn't properly updated yet in my case. Seemed confident it was built, at the MI plant and awaiting shipment.

Jared1234

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Day 11..... Still in production.

Badlands, 4 Door, Soft Top, A51, Lux, Tow, Shipping Convoy to Maryland.

Modules on, tear tag number posted, then radio silence. Some builds in our week with tow have gone through to shipping. A high count of tow selections seems stuck. Also, the Convoy group seems a little lagging. I wonder if Ford prioritized units that could be delivered and sold by the end of the Month to boost production numbers converted to sold.
First post but I thought I’d add to this data. 4 door WT with Tow, blend 9/12, stuck “in production.” Ford chat told me secondary status was “produced” and the system shows an ETA of 10/2-10/8. I know from experience that this could mean it’s been shipped already and the tracker just didn’t update, or this could mean Its at MAP waiting for a part.

Jared1234

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First post but I thought I’d add to this data. 4 door WT with Tow, blend 9/12, stuck “in production.” Ford chat told me secondary status was “produced” and the system shows an ETA of 10/2-10/8. I know from experience that this could mean it’s been shipped already and the tracker just didn’t update, or this could mean Its at MAP waiting for a part.
* I meant first post on this thread.

The delay could be we are waiting on a part related to tow. But , also, sometimes folks are stuck “in production” and the vehicle suddenly shows up at the dealer.

owlmom83

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Exporer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Classic.
Now, mine shipped on 17 September and i have a railcar #, but there is no tracing available on the railcar and no additional movement.
My destination is ~11-13 hours from MAP via rail. We'll see 🤷‍♂️
Where did you get railcar info?
Sponsored