First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't even get me started on the Bronco Sport.. I personally don't see the need for it. I see a Bronco doing well, and maybe even the Bronco truck (thinking back to the EB Half Cabs or whatever they called them). The Sport though... seems like you can just buy a Flex (for that sorta look) or an Escape for the smaller size. Just my thoughts though.
You are wording it a lot nicer than my thoughts on the sport. Ford is slapping the bronco name on a Subaru clone so they can say "look, we have a bronco under 30K...". Gives them room to charge more for the actual bronco. Why offer a basic base bronco when it would overlap in price with the sport?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are wording it a lot nicer than my thoughts on the sport. Ford is slapping the bronco name on a Subaru clone so they can say "look, we have a bronco under 30K...". Gives them room to charge more for the actual bronco. Why offer a basic base bronco when it would overlap in price with the sport?
I don't think they're being marketed to the same customers, much like someone that wanted an Escape isn't likely to cross shop an Expedition.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
i fail to see where you are seeing that the F-150 is more than a similar Ram. (Sure GC and Durango because it’s an ancient platform). but usually fords are more because they have a better engine. People comparing say The 3.5 Ecoboost to the 5.7 Ram duh. But comparing the 2.7 to the 5.7 is a more logical comparison. I’ve never seen any ford with similar options for anything more than $3k
Just in general a ram similarly optioned is going to be less than an F-150. It’s less apparent in the light duty trucks but the HD trucks it’s a huge difference. It’s sort of apples to oranges since the F-150 does have such better light duty engines

The difference is the Bronco (6G, that is) is a new product and unproven in the hands of the consumer. The Jeep is quite the opposite. If determined to be as capable (if not moreso) as any Jeep but more reliable and at a cheaper price, that's quite a no-brainer from a consumer standpoint.
Cars don’t just get offered at a discount because they’re new. The first year Bugatti Chiron is the same price as a second year because the manufacturer understands the capability and advertises it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't even get me started on the Bronco Sport.. I personally don't see the need for it. I see a Bronco doing well, and maybe even the Bronco truck (thinking back to the EB Half Cabs or whatever they called them). The Sport though... seems like you can just buy a Flex (for that sorta look) or an Escape for the smaller size. Just my thoughts though.
They made Escape more car like and sleek, whereas Bronco Sport will pick up where the old boxy Escapes left off, allowing Ford to attack the segment from two points.

Also, Flex is gone already.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Choice and Competition is the name of the game:

Jeep Wrangler = Ford Bronco
Jeep Compass = Ford Bronco Sport
Jeep Renegade = Ford Bronco Sport
Jeep Cherokee = Ford Bronco Sport

Jeep markets all models with some amount of off-road chops, Ford is just trying to do the same. Looks like Ford has room to grow competitive models.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder after the initial 3 or 4 trim levels, Bronco will end up with. Jeep Wrangler is up to thirteen different ones. Which is alittle over kill in my opinion. I believe when I bought mine a couple years ago there was only 3 or 4 trim levels to choose. After reviewing the different one's, Jeep could probably trim it down to 5 or 6 and it would make more since to the consumer. Here's a list on the Wrangler.
1) Sport
2) Willy's Sport
3) Sport S
4) Black and Tan
5) Sport Altitude
6) Willy's
7) Freedom
8) Sahara
9) Rubicon
10) Sahara Altitude
11) North Edition
12) Rubicon Recon
13) High Altitude
Way to many choices IMO. My head would spin around just trying to decide on one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder after the initial 3 or 4 trim levels, Bronco will end up with. Jeep Wrangler is up to thirteen different ones. Which is alittle over kill in my opinion. I believe when I bought mine a couple years ago there was only 3 or 4 trim levels to choose. After reviewing the different one's, Jeep could probably trim it down to 5 or 6 and it would make more since to the consumer. Here's a list on the Wrangler.
1) Sport
2) Willy's Sport
3) Sport S
4) Black and Tan
5) Sport Altitude
6) Willy's
7) Freedom
8) Sahara
9) Rubicon
10) Sahara Altitude
11) North Edition
12) Rubicon Recon
13) High Altitude
Way to many choices IMO. My head would spin around just trying to decide on one.
but if you look at the build sheet. It’s really only 4 trims.
1. Sport
2. Sport S
3. Sahara
4. Rubicon

Everything else falls into those 4 (mostly Sport S) they are just appearance packages (paint and stickers)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

but if you look at the build sheet. It’s really only 4 trims.
1. Sport
2. Sport S
3. Sahara
4. Rubicon

Everything else falls into those 4 (mostly Sport S) they are just appearance packages (paint and stickers)
Understand only 4 levels on a dealer build sheet. But for the average buyer going on the Jeep Builder site there are 13 different build configurations, which can be a bit confusing for a buyer.

RevealItAsap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obey 9F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Isn't the G.O.A.T system also worth mentioning? We don't know if it will be in a production vehicle but I still think you should put it in that axles section

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't the G.O.A.T system also worth mentioning? We don't know if it will be in a production vehicle but I still think you should put it in that axles section
working on a massive edit right now based on the “leak” today.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

working on a massive edit right now based on the “leak” today.

HEY !!!! FirstOnRaceDay !!!!!!!!!!!!!! was just looking though it quick. might want to mention about the coilover thing in the suspension. I guess the discussion earlier has been forgotten about.

Thanks (y)(y)

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
HEY !!!! FirstOnRaceDay !!!!!!!!!!!!!! was just looking though it quick. might want to mention about the coilover thing in the suspension. I guess the discussion earlier has been forgotten about.

Thanks (y)(y)
Bypass shocks like what’s on the raptors. has been included.

*EDITED TO INCLUDE
bypass shocks spied on non raptor trim
GOAT mode
sway discontent
front and rear lockers
composite modular roof
more tires
manual transmission info
transfer case info
and MORE

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bypass shocks like what’s on the raptors. has been included.

*EDITED TO INCLUDE
bypass shocks spied on non raptor trim
GOAT mode
sway discontent
front and rear lockers
composite modular roof
more tires
manual transmission info
transfer case info
and MORE
I didn't go back through all the replys here and had it come up in another thread and just thought when seeing your recent post about updating thought I might give you the heads up.

Excellent work by the way. ??

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just in general a ram similarly optioned is going to be less than an F-150. It’s less apparent in the light duty trucks but the HD trucks it’s a huge difference. It’s sort of apples to oranges since the F-150 does have such better light duty engines

Cars don’t just get offered at a discount because they’re new. The first year Bugatti Chiron is the same price as a second year because the manufacturer understands the capability and advertises it.
I'm not saying it should be discounted for the first year. I'm saying if they wanna lure more prospective buyers, it wouldn't be the worst idea to undercut Jeep...regardless of whether it's the first year or 5th year. While not deal breakers for me, I know many even now that scoff at the IFS and the eco-boost engine options in a "serious" off-road vehicle. It is what it is. Maybe that attitude will change in time. Regardless, Jeeps are comically overpriced as far as I'm concerned but they've had little competition and no incentive to price them more affordably. Honestly, why would they... unless a competitor comes along with a superior product at a cheaper price? It'd be quite the coup if it turned out the Bronco was hardly a slouch and can be had for 2k (or whatever) less than a similarly equipped Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.