Sponsored

Who bought a 6g Bronco just because was the "in" thing to do?

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've wanted one since 1972. The 2021 was the 1st model I could afford to buy.
I still can't afford a 1972 model that is ready to drive across country!!!!
They cost about the same as a Base with ADM.
Sponsored

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw launch and thought it was cool. In late 21 I wanted a new vehicle and was looking at Willys Jeep and my buddy said check out Bronco. Bronco tech and safety made it a no brainer as well as getting the 2.7

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in that category - I have never gone off road in my life, but something about the Bronco calls to me. Dad is retired FoMoCo, so the oval is special to me, so I decided to treat myself. Eventually, the treat will arrive ...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking for a new vehicle, and during my research, I stumbled across the Ford release video... I watched it over and over and over again. I was hooked (kudos, Ford Marketing team).

I've always loved bigger vehicles - I've had a large pick-up truck (too long; don't usually need to carry a load). I've had a normal SUV (too lame; doesn't feel like a "truck").

As Goldilocks would say, the Bronco was juuust right. Plus I love the open air experience. I'm not a hard core off-roader by any means, but when the parking lot at Starbucks is torn up with pot holes and stuff, I have the safety and confidence I desire to make it through the drive-thru for my triple shot, extra hot, triple pump, sugar-free caramel macchiato.

Edit: For the record, I do enjoy going off-road. I'm just not extreme like many of you are :)

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wander how many reserved/ordered/bought a 6g Bronco because it was the latest "in" thing versus those who really wanted a Bronco. The Harley Davidson people went through this some years ago when having a new Harley was an "in" thing i/e checkbook bikers. I see many people on the forum who are very passionate about their Bronco and others who seem like they were just trying to be part of the latest fad.
Back in the 90s when I lived in Colorado, the first gen Broncos were like any other old 4x4. Similar prices and type of owners as the CJs, FJs, etc. We all turned wrenches and drove those vehicles around on the trails. Lots of fun.

Then ... Bronco in particular got on the radar of the big spending crowd. See and be seen. On TV shows such as "The Bachelor" and all that malarkey. Not my crowd anyway. That's when Bronco jumped the shark. Probably the new Bronco is an image thing as well for some buyers, including due to current scarcity.

Hopefully (if Ford ever gets it's act together), there will eventually be enough new Broncos, that none of the image or other stuff will matter. And we'll be back to a situation where any guy can easily lay down a reasonable amount of cash, and get a new Bronco for trail running. Maybe in a few years we'll be there?

Sponsored

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a Ford guy. Ever since I imprinted on a 66 Mustang. I need a vehicle that can be flat towed behind the RV. It also needed to go more places than the RV. (Not as stupid as it sounds, I have a Class B built on a sprinter chassis). Wrangler just did not float my boat. When Ford announced a new Bronco, The first thing I confirmed was flat towing. Then I was all in and have been waiting anxiously and increasingly annoyed for 2+ years. (I am a 7/14 reservation holder.)
Now my wait is about to change character. Blend date is FRIDAY!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threads like this usually tell me a lot more about the OP than about any of the members who respond.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never buy the latest and trendy stuff. Even first year vehicles- with ADM and all the hype I stay way away from. Especially vehicles- I may have an interest in something new to the market- Honda Civic Type R, the new Supra, new Toyota GR Corolla for example. But would never consider one.

Only exception in my life time is this Bronco. Why- simply because I cut my 4 wheeling roots with two Gen 1 Broncos- a 1970 and 71. I have so many memories of those two Broncos, then had a Toyota Land Cruiser, followed by a Jeep CJ5. I did most of my 4 wheeling in those vehicles. When the new Bronco was being discussed and it became real I joked about getting one. When it was real, I put in a reservation immediately, not really serious more just to get in line- IF I wanted one. Then I read and saw more........I simply had to have it. I don't 4 wheel any more- no rocks or hilly terrain where I live now. But my very first two vehicles were Broncos......and well my last will be a Bronco as I retire in 2 years and will be driving this 2022 Bronco! I plan on keeping it and will pass it on to my son- and I hope he keeps it so it will be a classic when he is my age- 65.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who became a member of bronco6g the first year the site was up and running I would say are bronco people. The ones who joined and placed a first time order between 10/21 and 3/22 are the fad followers.

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who became a member of bronco6g the first year the site was up and running I would say are bronco people. The ones who joined and placed a first time order between 10/21 and 3/22 are the fad followers.
I ordered mine in 10/21 and I promise you I love my Bronco just as much as you do.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a first day reservation, purely by happenstance. I had no idea what I was reserving or what it's use was.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Not all who wander are lost"

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just a fan of capable body on frame SUVs so when the Bronco rumors started flying I was interested. Jeeps are too cramped so I wasn't interested them. I was a 4Runner fan and would have bought that if they would have just updated the thing. I made my Bronco reservation and was completely sold on it when I finally got to sit in one. The roofless/doorless/rock crawling (Jeep Culture?) Thing wasn't anything I considered before but bonus, now I'm hooked. Definitely was NOT because it was trendy, I actually tend to shun trends. Same thing with bikes, though I did buy a Harley in '98 which was during Harley mania and still have it today.
Sponsored