rwyatt85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's the context: Found this little fella on the carpet back by the tailgate a couple days after I picked the Bronco back up from a PPF/Tint shop. Definitely wasn't there before because I had thoroughly detailed everything prior and would have found it then. Showed it to the shop already, they don't recognize it. They only had to pop one cover off the tailgate itself during PPF and we already checked behind it for a home.

It reminds me of an exposed hook for something like a cargo net or those loops you find on some vehicles that serve as hold-backs for a false-bottom door in the trunk. There is a shred of potential this was something that the shop accidently dropped in my car from some other vehicle they were working on that day.

I've stared into the abyss of my Bronco interior long enough to give up. Help?

Ford Bronco Who wants to play "What the heck is this thing?" Mystery

(The face is about the size of a penny)
Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the context: Found this little fella on the carpet back by the tailgate a couple days after I picked the Bronco back up from a PPF/Tint shop. Definitely wasn't there before because I had thoroughly detailed everything prior and would have found it then. Showed it to the shop already, they don't recognize it. They only had to pop one cover off the tailgate itself during PPF and we already checked behind it for a home.

It reminds me of an exposed hook for something like a cargo net or those loops you find on some vehicles that serve as hold-backs for a false-bottom door in the trunk. There is a shred of potential this was something that the shop accidently dropped in my car from some other vehicle they were working on that day.

I've stared into the abyss of my Bronco interior long enough to give up. Help?

Ford Bronco Who wants to play "What the heck is this thing?" Mystery

(The face is about the size of a penny)
I had a random pin very similar to this (but with the standard push button top) sitting at the driver's side between the seat and door. No idea what it could be! (Did not see any others on the Bronco).

Sponsored

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe it holds the carpet to the floor. Ive broken a couple in mine in the front passenger below the glove box

OP
OP

rwyatt85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a random pin very similar to this (but with the standard push button top) sitting at the driver's side between the seat and door. No idea what it could be! (Did not see any others on the Bronco).
Those are probably in several places but your most likely candidate is the wheel wells - they're used in all four to hold the outer plastic/felt guards to the body. I got to play with mine during a mudflap install. Might want to check for a missing one!

Or, for a story that doesn't have to answer who put it in there from the exterior - might have been holding a run of wire harness behind the dash in place.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could swear I’ve seen that clip before… something to do with the soft top?

OP
OP

rwyatt85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it holds the carpet to the floor. Ive broken a couple in mine in the front passenger below the glove box
If you're talking about the ones built-in to the floor carpet, this piece is actually significantly smaller than those. I appreciate ya throwing an idea out there though!

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a clip that goes to the fender flare guide (alignment) snaps. I know this cause I removed my fender flares to tuck some PPF and one of the guide clips stayed in the body panel, had to remove it from the body and slide it back into its small "T" slot on the fender flare. And as you can see by the picture, it has a "T" shapped top 🍻

OP
OP

rwyatt85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a clip that goes to the fender flare guide (alignment) snaps. I know this cause I removed my fender flares to tuck some PPF and one of the guide clips stayed in the body panel, had to remove it from the body and slide it back into its small "T" slot on the fender flare. And as you can see by the picture, it has a "T" shapped top 🍻
Ding Ding Ding! Dead-on, found it within seconds when i took the flashlight under the first well. I would not have figured this out myself probably until summer.

Your prize is 2 beers at your choice of venue if you're ever in central NC, no expiration date.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ding Ding Ding! Dead-on, found it within seconds when i took the flashlight under the first well. I would not have figured this out myself probably until summer.

Your prize is 2 beers at your choice of venue if you're ever in central NC, no expiration date.
Sounds good brother! Glad I was able to help out

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely a fender clip. Glad you found it.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hard to determine the size, but I’ve seen something similar that secures weatherstripping to the doors.
Sponsored