Sponsored

Who was sold on the Bronco before even seeing one in person?

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's folks who will tell you a non-sas OBX is like buying a Mazda CX5. I had the opposite impression during my test drive that the Sas-BL looks cartoonish (unpopular here I know) and went forward with my OBX. I feel like it's way easier to find out your personal preferences when in person with the vehicle.
I consider it insulting to compare the Bronco, or any other fine Ford vehicle, to any piece of Japanese garbage.

I had to look up the Mazda CX5 to see what it is, and even if it wasn't Japanese trash, I cannot see how anyone would think it in any way valid to try to make any comparison between it and a Bronco. The “Bronco” Sport, maybe, by a stretch, but not the real Bronco.

For my needs, I see Sasquatch as slightly on the liability side.

My practical off-road needs are very modest, and the very least capable possible version of the Bronco would be more than sufficient. I only went up to the Badlands time, the “extreme off-roading” trim, because that was where I needed to go to get some of the other features that I really wanted. If I could have had a Base with the Lux package and the washout interior, I might very well have ordered that.

It seems to me that Sasquatch trades off on poorer fuel economy and probably poorer road handling, and more expensive tires when they need to periodically be replaced; in exchange for better off-road capability. 99.9% of my driving is going to be on roads—most times, anywhere from about twenty to eighty miles to and from whatever construction site I may be on at the time, with only about the last several hundred feet on bad terrain.

Not that I'd fault someone else for going with Sasquatch who intends to focus more on off-road driving than what I likely will, but for me, Sasquatch would be slightly detrimental. As far as I understand, what parts of Sasquatch would not be detrimental to me, and might possibly even be beneficial, the Badlands trim includes anyway.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I consider it insulting to compare the Bronco, or any other fine Ford vehicle, to any piece of Japanese garbage.

I had to look up the Mazda CX5 to see what it is, and even if it wasn't Japanese trash, I cannot see how anyone would think it in any way valid to try to make any comparison between it and a Bronco. The “Bronco” Sport, maybe, by a stretch, but not the real Bronco.

For my needs, I see Sasquatch as slightly on the liability side.

My practical off-road needs are very modest, and the very least capable possible version of the Bronco would be more than sufficient. I only went up to the Badlands time, the “extreme off-roading” trim, because that was where I needed to go to get some of the other features that I really wanted. If I could have had a Base with the Lux package and the washout interior, I might very well have ordered that.

It seems to me that Sasquatch trades off on poorer fuel economy and probably poorer road handling, and more expensive tires when they need to periodically be replaced; in exchange for better off-road capability. 99.9% of my driving is going to be on roads—most times, anywhere from about twenty to eighty miles to and from whatever construction site I may be on at the time, with only about the last several hundred feet on bad terrain.

Not that I'd fault someone else for going with Sasquatch who intends to focus more on off-road driving than what I likely will, but for me, Sasquatch would be slightly detrimental. As far as I understand, what parts of Sasquatch would not be detrimental to me, and might possibly even be beneficial, the Badlands trim includes anyway.
Non-sas BL is a great build for all of those reasons. Checks a lot of the boxes on capability while being a good daily.

If my budget had allowed I'd probably be in a similar build to you. But to upgrade to BL I would have had to sacrifice Lux and/or V6 which was a no-go on my end.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was sold when they punked us with that Hondaesque abomination back in the early 2000s. Couldn't wait for Ford to undo a big mistake with cancelling the Bronco in favor of the Expedition and Explorer. Ford did redeem themselves with the new Bronco after 26 years out of the market.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the “Bronco” Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
We have always loved the Bronco. When the rumors started about a come back we definitely were in. What we didn’t know was how behind Ford was in orders and Dealers only had Mules they couldn’t sell. This was definitely a first for us. We expected to go to any Ford Dealer see a dozen and pick or choose. Definitely not the case. They designed it perfect for our expectations. We own two!!!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

[QUOTE="Bob Blaylock, post: 1018172, member: 26720"

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
[/QUOTE]
As Homer Simpson would say DOH!

And you will find that is true for many here.

I had no clue the new Bronco was coming out, I received a text from my son on 7/13/20 (reveal date) and had been looking for a vehicle. I thought I wanted another Land Rover but looked at the online specs, compared it and price to the Defenders and Discovery Sports and by the end of the day plunked down my $100 with a small town dealer I never dealt with before.

Closest I got to one before collecting ours was a picture I took of a dealer demo in a parking lot. Did not drive one until 10/9/21, our delivery date when we were handed the keys and told to take it for a spin while they finished paperwork. That short 20 mile drive and the 90 miles home just reinforced the validity of my choice.

BTW, of all the new vehicles I have ordered or purchased off the lot I only test drove 1, and that was to see if our growing teens fit in the back without kicking me in the back

Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve seen two two doors one at a car show and one that was locked. I haven’t even sat in the seat of any Bronco Probably won’t until mine arrives.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

prior to ford announcing the revival I had passively been looking for an early generation bronco to do a retro-mod on. when they announced it's revival I was intrigued, when they finally released pictures i was sold.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reserved(first day) and ordered before seeing in person, but saw plenty at car shows etc. long before mine was built and I actually took delivery. But was sold on it from the pics and info out there before reserving it and figured if I didn't like it once it got here, I'd just flip it. Loving it, so all is good.

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was sold on my 2005 mustang gt and hadnt seen one in person. same for the Bronco too. Still waiting for the Bronco to be built.
Same here, but did not have the funds at the time for the 05 GT. I was not going to miss out on the Bronco! The wait is definitely worth it!

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the “Bronco” Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Drank the koolaid at the reveal, ordered as soon as the phone banks let me through. Only change to order was color, VB instead of AMB.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a different boat entirely. I wasn't impressed with the delays Ford had rolling out the Bronco, and I don't think Broncos look all the great. I also HATE the instrument cluster (if you can call it that) and I'm not a fan of push button 4wd either. The only things I liked about the Bronco was the more modular top which should be easier for 1 person to remove (compared to my Jeep) and the ability to store the doors inside. I also liked that the mirrors on the Bronco are body mounted.

Then, for the heck of it, I test drove one a month ago. It handles far better than my Jeep interior room is better, and the seats are more comfortable, so I ordered. No money down and no obligation, and I have several months to decide if I want to go through with it. And while I prefer manual 4wd, I like that my wife can drive it in winter by just setting the drive mode to snow.
Sponsored