Sponsored

Who was sold on the Bronco before even seeing one in person?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, I wanted one even before the reveal. Put my reservation in July 14 2020. I saw my first one for the first time in person- - a 4 door around Aug of this year. I have only seen like 3 more since. I still have not seen a 2 door in person.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pandemic life really sold me on Bronco life. I was (still am) really into team sports, but since Iā€™ve crossed the magical 30 milestone and am not a professional athlete, I suffered tons of injuries over the years that slowed me down to just softball and gym classes. Even the gym classes were getting impacted because of lingering, bad injuries.

so, by the time the pandemic struck, I was already forking around with a guitar, hiking, and biking. The pandemic, kids, and going back to school really killed the ability to reliably commit to a teamā€™s schedule. However, the outdoors donā€™t require a schedule. You donā€™t have to rely on 10 people + another team getting to a field at different times and dates.

So, the Bronco became an easy choice. I was unwittingly preparing myself for camping all along! Now, I just need to learn some good campfire songs on guitarā€¦ oh, and actually get my Broncoā€¦ and Iā€™m set!

Whats funny is, I couldnā€™t make my mind up on a vehicle prior to the Bronco. I liked the concept of a Jeep, but passed (no joke) 8 Jeeps parked on curbs just leaving my neighborhood. I liked the look of the Colorado ZR2, but not the price. Liked the idea of a F150/Silverado/Sierra, but didnā€™t actually believe I needed that much truck. I even looked at the Kia Stinger, Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger, but didnā€™t think I should go that direction with a young family. So, when rumors of a new 2-DR Bronco spooled, I was hooked!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was sold back in 2011 when I had to let my 67 go. I don't have the time to wrench anymore and with a growing family, 4 doors fits the bill.

RenoBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never owned a new car before. Never even bought one off the lot in my 40 years of living. Just buy old cars, or family hand me downs when they wanted something new. I'm the furthest from a car enthusiast that you will find. When the Bronco was announced I was in love. My wife saw this and demanded that I order one for myself. I reluctantly did.

Coming from a 1986 Ford F-150, I don't need to test drive. I'm not worried about the noise; half of the windows in my truck don't even fully close. Really, any nit-picky issue that I've read on here won't be an issue for me; because even a entry level Subaru would be a significant upgrade to anything I've owned.

So yeah, I didn't need to test drive it.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was sold in 2004 when the concept was revealed. Looking back now, that concept is not at all what I would want, but my 14 year old self was pretty impressed. That lead to me becoming a fan of older Broncos too. A couple years later, bought my first vehicle, an 83 Bronco. Then a few years later a 95 Bronco. But since 2004 I've been waiting for the return! When it was unveiled I immediately put in a reservation and knew that no matter what other info comes out, I was getting one. Like the post-it note in Draft Day, no matter what.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the ā€œBroncoā€ Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
Like almost everyone...

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I really didn't think it through when I started this thread.

It just stuck me as very odd, that I was so solidly sold on the Bronco before I had a chance even to see one, much less to test drive one. In the scale of all my experience, one just doesn't usually buy a vehicle, especially one this expensive, without taking some opportunity to inspect it, and try it out first.

It's not I that is unusual, here, it seems, but the vehicle. One that has turned out to be highly-anticipated, with a lot of pent-up demand already in place long before any actually became available for anyone to see, or to test drive. I'm kind of late to the game, having ordered mine in October, just after the second model year became available to order. As blindly as it seems I have jumped into this, many of you who came before went in much more blindly than I am.

SmartyJones

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner Trd Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reserved in July 2020, Ordered March 2021 and the first one I saw in person was the week of November 12th 2021 in Nevada. The Off Roadeo reinforced that I made the correct decision

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford came out with a Bronco concept vehicle in 2004, I was instantly sold on it knew I had to have one if it ever came to fruition. Low and behold 17 years later, here I am on the verge of taking delivery of a Bronco.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was following the re-envision of the new Bronco for about 5 years since there where only a few conceptual drawings and pretty sure before B6G forum was around. Since I knew it would be similar to the Ranger for a driving position I did order one sight unseen. A couple months after ordering we got to sit in a an OBX 2 door at a dealer and even though it was very small it sealed the deal for us on our 4 door.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered mine without seeing it in person or sitting in one etc. Told myself I'd never do that again, yet here we are lol.
I've been following the new bronco since people thought it was going to be a rebranded Troller from brazil.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the ā€œBroncoā€ Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
I waited to place my order until I test drove a Bronco this summer. Called every Ford dealer within a 30mi radius to see who received their mannequin first. This is how I stumbled into Chapman; realized how fortunate I was after reading positive customer experiences here on B6G.

I'm happy I waited to test drive one in person. Spending enough time reading about the Bronco gave me a skewed opinion vs. standing in front of it.

There's folks who will tell you a non-sas OBX is like buying a Mazda CX5. I had the opposite impression during my test drive that the Sas-BL looks cartoonish (unpopular here I know) and went forward with my OBX. I feel like it's way easier to find out your personal preferences when in person with the vehicle.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What? You didn't get to test drive one on reveal night???

I've wanted an EB since high school and it never worked out to get one when they were actually affordable. Fast forward to the reveal and yes, reserved one but still waiting to order when mod top is available.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was sold on it after seeing the concept version driven by The Rock in the movie Rampage. Reserved as soon as I could, ordered as soon as I could. Drove at off roadeo in nh Oct 17th, took delivery Oct 30th. Love it! Except I should have gone all out and ordered a badlands instead of BD
The concept from 2005? lmao :ROFLMAO:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs