Sponsored

Who was sold on the Bronco before even seeing one in person?

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the “Bronco” Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was sold on my 2005 mustang gt and hadnt seen one in person. same for the Bronco too. Still waiting for the Bronco to be built.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the “Bronco” Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
I'd wager a significant number of the people on this forum ordered without test driving.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Um, nearly every one here ordered before seeing and definitely test driving,lol

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My first car was a 1984 Bronco II. I know, not a ‘real’ Bronco, but close enough. Got rid of it in 1996 and have been waiting for its replacement ever since.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost all of us on this forum. July 2020 was the announcement. Reservations were placed then and in January of this year orders we placed.

I have ridden in them but have not had a chance to test drive one yet. No worries in my mind at all. Congratulations on your order and welcome to the club!

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was late to the game, but somehow I stumbled upon the Bronco reveal video on YouTube. I watched it and immediate was hooked - Placed my order right away afterwards.

I've always preferred a truck/larger vehicle, and I loved the styling of the Bronco. The capability seemed top notch, and I've always preferred off-road capability vs. speed. I don't need a race car; I've owned a Camaro SS before. Much rather be able to go anywhere... And in style!

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, there are 100,000+ of us!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just about everyone that has thier Bronco in the driveway already (excluding those paying ricdiculous market to get one early) was sold on it before they saw it.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was sold on it after seeing the concept version driven by The Rock in the movie Rampage. Reserved as soon as I could, ordered as soon as I could. Drove at off roadeo in nh Oct 17th, took delivery Oct 30th. Love it! Except I should have gone all out and ordered a badlands instead of BD
Sponsored