Sponsored

Who bought a 6g Bronco just because was the "in" thing to do?

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First I must admit that my OBX will be a mall Bronco although it will be busy in the winter carrying me out my longish unplowed driveway to my unplowed road to school most mornings. A year ago my ophthalmologist basically told me that my dry eyes was going to prevent me from having cataract surgery and I had about 3 years before things got bad. PANIC time!! In November of 21 I was going to breakfast with friends one Saturday am and there in the yard of my Ford dealer was an ORANGE apparition (It was a SAS). I was gobsmacked!!! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO BE MY LAST VEHICLE BEFORE I WENT BLIND...... I drove it and it was too loud for me and impractical but I drove another more basic one and it was better. I went home and designed myself a beauty, back and they ordered one like it for me. 3 or 4 months was the delivery. That was Nov 12/21. April of this year I was told that yes I could have the surgery since my eyes have improved a bit and I am very skilled at handling the problem. She was on the Mountain lacking chips but is now built as of July14. Still not shipped. My daughters do not know yet that I am out spending their inheritance. I could not afford this beast if I had not gotten off my a$$ and supply taught all the 21/22 school year to help out with the teacher shortage. So I have a very different reason for wanting a Bronco. Anyone else with a crazy reason? I have always been a bit of a car nut. I have Rallied and slalomed at the club level and drove antique cars to car shows for a friend for a few years.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered mine in 10/21 and I promise you I love my Bronco just as much as you do.
You probably love yours more, because I still love my 66' x2 and my 71' more lol.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the third Bronco Iā€™ve owned. Iā€™ve been glued to the concepts since they first started flashing them around this purchase was because I love the Bronco platform and everything it has meant to me in my life.

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already breaking mine in. Happy tags and less than 1000 miles on it . Reserved 7/20/20. Picked it up 7/15/22. First trail 7/31/21. Went up 16 road and turned around at the waterfall on 21 road. Rock rails broke in and tested. Pictures do not do this justice or the capabilities of the sasquatch package.

IMG_20220731_162710.jpg

IMG_20220731_162720.jpg

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was studying Bronco concepts for years, and spy shots for months before the official announcement. I don't give a f#%& what the "in" thing to do is.

If I did, I'd be stuck rocking a barbed wire tattoo, be upside down in a home equity loan, and cringing at photos of me wearing TWO polo shirts with popped collars.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was always known for my '91 in high school and college. I'd run into people and they'd say "I know you - you drive that black and tan Bronco." When the first renderings of the 6th gen came out, I had people calling messaging me to ask if I'd seen and if I was going to get one. It was just something I knew I'd get at some point, but I wanted to let the first year model get built and released, hoping to avoid a host of new model quality issues (jokes on me). Funny, though - I ran into a girl from my high school last week and she immediately asked if that was my Bronco in the parking lot.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm too old & fat to be trendy or cool anymore. I buy what I want, not what someone else wants :cool:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had two broncos in the 80ā€™s and the moment I saw the ad run for the new Broncos I was obsessed. Had moved from a Wrangler to a 4Runner, which I loved and had planned to keep for 300k miles. I was one who stayed up trying over and over to load the reservation page day one until it finally took, but being a guy who never likes to be the ā€œGuinea pigā€ waited until Oct ā€˜21, on my 50th birthday, to finally put in my order. Got a VIN by January and built and arrived at dealership by April. Still obsessed and love every moment driving it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who became a member of bronco6g the first year the site was up and running I would say are bronco people. The ones who joined and placed a first time order between 10/21 and 3/22 are the fad followers.
Okay, bob.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, bob.
No different than folks buying their first 66-77 bronco for $50k-$100k.......there's only one reason someone would do that right now lol.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ugh I missed to the window to be a "true" bronco enthusiast. I just appreciate you all for gatekeeping for everyone :rolleyes:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford never announced the Bronco I'd still be driving a paid off 2011 Mitsu Lancer, until the wheels fell off. Lovin' my Bronco now though!

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone who installs 20's.
This will be meā€¦. Of course Iā€™ve had 2 jeeps just in the time Iā€™ve been waiting on my Bronco and Iā€™ll be paying cash for it. Though I doubt Iā€™ll lose any sleep over your displeasure with my rim choice.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like guys buying a $90k F350 and never haul more than a 10ā€™ flatbed trailer šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Itā€™s what the cool kids do.
Sponsored