Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are REALLY used to the JKU. Anything different will definitely feel odd without a lot more seat time.

Its REALLY nice to have choices.
100%. It’s molded to me at this point. I’m looking forward to a few more drives of the bronco but felt like sharing my first impressions. Some are cranky over it I guess.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Background- I’ve owned since new a 2013 Wrangler JKU Sahara that I’ve put 150k miles on. I’m 6’2 / 230lbs. There is very little off-roading where I am, but I like to get off the pavement wherever possible. Mostly on road / daily driver miles

I finally got to test drive today. 4dr badlands. While the dimensions are very close to my wrangler, it seems much larger and heavier. Even though it’s barely bigger than the jeep, the interior is much roomier. The windshield is farther away. I have to lean forward to adjust the rear view mirror for instance, where it’s much closer in the jeep. Armrest / cup holders seemed to be comfortable enough with the seat all the way back - something that isn’t easy to find in many vehicles. The seats are much more plush/soft than the jeep. I didn’t adjust them perfectly so they weren’t as comfortable to me as they hopefully could be. I very much like the upright driving position of a jeep. This is close to that but not quite. The vinyl upholstery is weird. I think I like it, but it’s different. The overall fit and finish seems good. I get what some say about the dash seeming light / flimsy but I don’t know if I care. The grab handles are just better and more usable in the wrangler.
The rear tail gait is huge compared to the jeep. No issue with that, but it surprised me. The rear cargo area floor space seems smaller than the jeep, I don’t know if it is-it’s close in size I’m sure but “feels” smaller. Lifting the back of the soft top took more effort than I was expecting. It’s not difficult but it was heavier than I expected. I’m not sold on that being a great feature, but the jeep is a pain in the ass so this has to be better. The side windows on the soft top are saggy and wrinkled. The clips to attach them of course contribute. Initial impression is that I prefer Jeep’s method and resulting appearance.
All of the electronics worked well and were very responsive. Driving impression- plenty of power. It really pulls from a stop. It was a short drive but feels comfortable, lines of sight good. It felt to me like a much bigger vehicle and had and plusher ride than my jeep. Something about that made it feel less fun to drive though. It was only about a 15 min drive, so I definitely need to do another and really assess things better. I just wanted to be wowed and love it, but i was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. It’s definitely nice And felt well built but it didn’t have the fun to drive feel that I was looking for. I’ve been excited for the new Bronco since the 2016 prototype and I just feel a little underwhelmed by it now. I definitely need another drive and to spend more time with it. This time was a bit rushed.
I know everyone here is still hyped on it but I wanted to share my initial impression.
Appreciate the honest review and feedback. I live in an area that just got its first mannequin and have not had a chance to take a drive yet.

I’ve had some concerns and appreciate the reviews that actual have feedback that is good and bad. So thanks for taking the time to write it.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not at all. What’s the point of any of this? Just sharing my first impression like many others have done.
I apprecite all feedback, good, bad or indifferent. Thanks for taking the time and being candid. It would be nice to get your follow up assessment once you have owned and driven one for a while for comparison.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny. I liked the Bronco and ordered one for my wife. I test drove a Sasquatch big bend last night and enjoyed it so much I’m buying a 2nd bronco.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is pure speculation on my part having not had the experience to drive the new bronco, but if it is part 1966, part 1991 and part contemporary high tech suv, I will be satisfied.

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think reality is just hitting some people here and that’s ok. It was hyped as something that DESTROYS JEEP FROM ORBIT but that’s just marketing. I’m excited because someone finally made ANYTHING like a Wrangler.

I drove a Sahara JLU up the whole east coast on a business trip and hated it completely when it comes to comfort. I sat in a Bronco and actually felt comfortable. That was the biggest factor that mattered. I just wanted someone to bring a comparable vehicle to the venerable Wrangler that was actually comfortable. It helped that my family has a positive history with Ford and a love for the old Bronco.

So in the end, it’s cool that people are able to get hands on and decide if they’re disillusioned after a year of marketing or it’s actually “just right.” Thank you for your honest input!

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny. I liked the Bronco and ordered one for my wife. I test drove a Sasquatch big bend last night and enjoyed it so much I’m buying a 2nd bronco.
I could use a Bronco as well... Are you looking to adopt? I am house broken 😁

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could use a Bronco as well... Are you looking to adopt? I am house broken 😁
Hahaha I have to get rid of my challenger for this and it’s very painful. 😖 I definitely can’t afford a 3rd 50K car lol.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hahaha I have to get rid of my challenger for this and it’s very painful. 😖 I definitely can’t afford a 3rd 50K car lol.
Yeah.... But it's a Challenger 🤷‍♂️ it's made by Dodge... It's overdue to like break down.... Or rot out or something... Personally I figured you'd be moving into a Buick by now gramps... But a Bronco works too 😁

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah.... But it's a Challenger 🤷‍♂️ it's made by Dodge... It's overdue to like break down.... Or rot out or something... Personally I figured you'd be moving into a Buick by now gramps... But a Bronco works too 😁
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhit. I’m a spry 36 years old! I can still hop into a Sasquatch bronco! Lol my challenger has been great, it’s a blast to drive.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend