First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't want to pee on anyone's parade, so I'm posting here instead of the 8/19 email thread. Sincerely happy those More-Door soft tops are getting built, but when I read that some changed from Two doors to Four doors (along with soft top) I just have to shake my head and say I hope they're happy with their decisions. I would have buyer's remorse out the buttocks if I made that switch. So for all us two door freaks out here, let's just keep fighting the good fight and be patient. We'll get there. And it will be worth it. :mad:;):cool:
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't want to pee on anyone's parade, so I'm posting here instead of the 8/19 email thread. Sincerely happy those More-Door soft tops are getting built, but when I read that some changed from Two doors to Four doors (along with soft top) I just have to shake my head and say I hope they're happy with their decisions. I would have buyer's remorse out the buttocks if I made that switch. So for all us two door freaks out here, let's just keep fighting the good fight and be patient. We'll get there. And it will be worth it. :mad:;):cool:
Yeah, my plan B/C was always to remove constrained items that I could live with out (tow, Sas, 2.7, Auto,) in order to facilitate getting a VIN. I waited too late to remove all those items, and as it turned out my build is scheduled for MY22. In the interim I was going to buy a used 4Runner to pair with my 21 Ranger, which would make a cross-country Winter trip with family and pets much more convenient.
I was struggling having to pay over $40k for a 2018 4Runner with over 40k miles.
But, I was not willing to use my reservation on a 4dr floppy top. As it turned out, and luck would have it someone cancelled their 4dr floppy top CG BB and I was able to acquire it for about what I was going to pay for the used 4Runner, plus I paid a 5K ADM.
I’m adding 33’s next week along with a 1” level and feel I will get more than what I paid as a private sell or trade in on my 2dr when it arrives next year.
I got lucky, but actively look for abandoned orders in your local area and try to flip it and save your reservation……..have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. It makes the waiting much more palatable.

OP
OP
Andrew_EOD

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, my plan B/C was always to remove constrained items that I could live with out (tow, Sas, 2.7, Auto,) in order to facilitate getting a VIN. I waited too late to remove all those items, and as it turned out my build is scheduled for MY22. In the interim I was going to buy a used 4Runner to pair with my 21 Ranger, which would make a cross-country Winter trip with family and pets much more convenient.
I was struggling having to pay over $40k for a 2018 4Runner with over 40k miles.
But, I was not willing to use my reservation on a 4dr floppy top. As it turned out, and luck would have it someone cancelled their 4dr floppy top CG BB and I was able to acquire it for about what I was going to pay for the used 4Runner, plus I paid a 5K ADM.
I’m adding 33’s next week along with a 1” level and feel I will get more than what I paid as a private sell or trade in on my 2dr when it arrives next year.
I got lucky, but actively look for abandoned orders in your local area and try to flip it and save your reservation……..have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. It makes the waiting much more palatable.
So far, nothing has been delivered at all in my local area. It's an option I'd consider. I think my main plan now is save up even more money... cover what I would have got from my trade in, and keep it AND get the Bronco. Who knows... I AM excited to maybe get that Green though.

Last edited:

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good Gooshie Mooshie! Now THAT is a turn of events... I know the trip to PA was an issue for you. Looks like things may have worked out. I'm in no hurry so I plan to hang in there for the ol' MY22 Unicorn. Glad your plan came together at the 11th hour. đź‘Ť
As it turned out, and luck would have it someone cancelled their 4dr floppy top CG BB and I was able to acquire it for about what I was going to pay for the used 4Runner, plus I paid a 5K ADM.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good Gooshie Mooshie! Now THAT is a turn of events... I know the trip to PA was an issue for you. Looks like things may have worked out. I'm in no hurry so I plan to hang in there for the ol' MY22 Unicorn. Glad your plan came together at the 11th hour. đź‘Ť
Thanks Stan the Man. I like the 4dr Bronc with the soft top. I enjoy flipping the top back in 20 seconds and cruising around town. But I don’t love it, and will probably love it less once winter comes to Wyoming. The wife loves the extra doors and lower riding profile.
I dread the day I encounter a 2dr Sas MIC top Badlands at a traffic light. I will avoid eye contact and try not to look. But, like a beautiful woman, it doesn’t hurt to look, and my day will come.
Hang tough 2dr Brigade.

Sponsored

brij250

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have to say, I considered switching to 4-dr for a hot second. But i knew I would regret it as well.
All about living that 2dr life.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How bad is it for 2 door MIC peeps? Even my wife is busting my balls... This is what I get for making fun of her Game of Thrones return after a long break...

Ford Bronco A place for the rest of us to complain image

OP
OP
Andrew_EOD

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't "given up", but I've started to care less and less. At least I'll be able to pay mostly cash by then. I saw the guys 2 dr backseat delete on here and It gave me a little strength back.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey what's that buzz phrase Ricky Bobby used to say?

"If you're not first... you're last!" ;)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drama...

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there anybody still here? With all the 2dr emails flying around today, I wanted to check on my homies!!

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I never posted here but will now. Yep, sitting here with a whole bag of nothing. Day 2 reservation. Need to find a drink soon.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Day 1 here and still nothing! Just trying not to think about it.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still here. still no VIN for my 2dr BL, Sas, Lux, 2.7.

7/13 6:10pm MT Reservation/timestamp. 21 Jan order. Must be jinxed.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got scheduled today, but I won’t forget y’all. We’re family for life in here!!

@WyoBronc you still liking your more door?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got scheduled today, but I won’t forget y’all. We’re family for life in here!!

@WyoBronc you still liking your more door?
Like, not love. Still flipping it if my 2dr true love ever shows up. CONGRATS!
Sponsored