Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Edited:
After filing a formal complaint, the dealer seems to have fixed the issue after admitting fault. They will squeeze in my order in the batch with the other orders from that time frame. Im awaiting confirmation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,
I placed my order back in October of 2021. I went in person and gave all the required information that the sales guy asked. He told me there was a long wait time and I knew that, and he would contact me as the build date got closer. 6 months go by and I do not hear from the dealer, so I contact them and even go in person to find out they forgot to place the order.
The sales guy remembers me, remembers the build we did together and remembers our conversation, but for whatever reason does not know why or what happened to the order.
Now the orders for 2022 Broncos are closed and Ive been cheated out of my place in line for the Bronco. The sales guy took copies of documents from me, but now can't find any of them. and he gave me some documents as a copy but I can't find it either.

I don't know what to do now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re pretty much out of luck. You can call Ford support but they’ll probably tell you the same thing.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They can do a full court press on Ford rep.

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With many dealers the sales person you deal with isn't actually the one that places the order. They take all the info from you and hand it off, usually to an in-basket on someone's desk. They place the order whenever they get around to it. Sometimes the paperwork is lost before the order is placed. This is just one of many reasons dealerships need to go away and replaced with the Tesla model.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These things were never really being built in order anyway. There are several criteria that are way in front of a "place in line". In fact, it can be argued that there isn't a line. The order banks will open back up in a few short months and then you can get your order in. Follow up on it and make sure it gets placed this time. By the time this is all over and you have your Bronco, you will probably still be getting it much sooner than most early reservations waited.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks like you're going to need to wait until 2023 order banks open later this year.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would for sure order elsewhere. I can make an excuse for one mistake which can happen anywhere, but having multiple misques is a bad sign of a poorly run operation. I would take this as a good opportunity to explore other dealerships. I agree with others though, you were unlikely to see the Bronco anytime soon and wouldn't get too upset about loosing out. I have a 2020 reservation, ordered and reordered and haven't heard a thing other than recieve emails and gifts.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should have received an email from Ford confirming your order. If not, that’s the first sign of a problem. Your Ford account should have also shown the order.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to check their past inventory to see if they sold your vehicle? Nothing would shock me.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Couldn’t hurt to stay in touch with your dealership and offer them a chance at redemption by selling you a dealer stock or refused order at MSRP. That would be the true test of their remorse at screwing your over.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You know, I went with Granger because I do trust them. And guess what? I’ll be driving around this summer in a Bronco Raptor that I paid MSRP for.
You shouldn’t paint with such a broad brush, as just like everything else, there’s good and bad in every profession. Do your due diligence and award your business to dealers who deserve it, otherwise buyer beware.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is just a grade-A asshole response.

The ford emails and trackers have been notoriously terrible. And your response is “well you should have known better.”
That’s a pretty rude reply as my order and communication went exactly as it should have and did not require a visit to the dealer:
1: Bronco order content was created using the Ford Build and Price website which then was emailed to the Internet Sales Director who was handling the order.
2: A confirmation of the order trim and options with the agreed upon pricing was emailed back to me for confirmation and permission to submit, which was then done
3: A confirmation of the order was then received from Ford providing the trim and options ordered with an order #
4: The order # allowed for tracking of the vehicle order and regular emails were received from Ford assigning a VIN and being able to view the Monroney. Build dates and revised build date emails were received then the dreaded Dirt Mtn email was received advising that the build completion would be delayed while awaiting a replacement hardtop.
5: An email advising that my Bronco had shipped and I then waited 3 weeks before contacting the Internet Sales Director who tracked where the vehicle was and an appointment was then made to complete the purchase.
All in all a great order and purchase experience from a very reputable dealer. Total time from order to purchase was almost 11 months (Jan 19 2021-Dec 11 2021)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs