First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would for sure order elsewhere. I can make an excuse for one mistake which can happen anywhere, but having multiple misques is a bad sign of a poorly run operation. I would take this as a good opportunity to explore other dealerships. I agree with others though, you were unlikely to see the Bronco anytime soon and wouldn't get too upset about loosing out. I have a 2020 reservation, ordered and reordered and haven't heard a thing other than recieve emails and gifts.
I will be from now own. I would also get my truck serviced there too, but not anymore.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn’t hurt to stay in touch with your dealership and offer them a chance at redemption by selling you a dealer stock or refused order at MSRP. That would be the true test of their remorse at screwing your over.
Yeah I'm going to see what they say. I did file a formal complaint with Ford Motor Company, and left a negative review about this whole ordeal.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go to a dealer to have an order put in, you don’t leave until the order is in and you receive confirmation.
I've only ever purchased 1 vehicle in my entire life. But I won't forget this next time.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF? How does a car dealer “forget” to place an order?
To add insult to injury, when I reached out about any updates, the rep told me all was good. And then he started getting flaky with communication, so I ended up coming in person to the dealer to get straight answers, and thats when they told me they lost it or had forgotten it. All the guy said was "Im sorry". You can imagine my frustration and anger right then and there.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello everyone,
I placed my order back in October of 2021. I went in person and gave all the required information that the sales guy asked. He told me there was a long wait time and I knew that, and he would contact me as the build date got closer. 6 months go by and I do not hear from the dealer, so I contact them and even go in person to find out they forgot to place the order.
The sales guy remembers me, remembers the build we did together and remembers our conversation, but for whatever reason does not know why or what happened to the order.
Now the orders for 2022 Broncos are closed and Ive been cheated out of my place in line for the Bronco. The sales guy took copies of documents from me, but now can't find any of them. and he gave me some documents as a copy but I can't find it either.

I don't know what to do now.
Did you have reservation or were you a walk-in order? Didn't you think it was odd that you never received anything from Ford confirming your order?

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have reservation or were you a walk-in order? Didn't you think it was odd that you never received anything from Ford confirming your order?
I did an online submission for the bronco. They told me to come in in person, and I did. I have that email.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I did an online submission for the bronco. They told me to come in in person, and I did. I have that email.
So did I. I received an email from Ford saying My order had been confirmed as soon as the dealership submitted the order. The dealership also should have given you a copy of the DORA show a priority code of other than 99. One e the order was in the system you should have been able to see it under your reservation/order status on Fords website.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did I. I received an email from Ford saying My order had been confirmed as soon as the dealership submitted the order. The dealership also should have given you a copy of the DORA show a priority code of other than 99. One e the order was in the system you should have been able to see it under your reservation/order status on Fords website.
The online submission wasnt an order. I dont think that was possible anymore for 2022. It was just a submission for interest I suppose for the bronco, and then the dealer made a reservation for me to come in and build it out, which is what happened.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've ordered 4 vehicles from both Ford and Toyota and have never gotten a confirmation email on any of them. There's a bunch of threads here on the topic of not receiving confirmation emails, it's appears that this isn't uncommon what so ever. So no blame there on your part.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealership unfortunately forgot to update my order. Originally had rapid red for 21, went in and updated my order again last year when I got moved to 22 after Ford already updated my order and changed me to black. Added Sasquatch, dropped tow, and went with the green color. Just recently checked that order link, notice it was still black, no sas, with tow. Email the dealership and 2 hours later I got a few emails from Ford. Guess it was good I had tow package on there since it was probably a reason I never got a vin.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership info? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I know. I was trying to help establish a paper trail.
There are many ways to establish a paper trail, but it really comes down to dealer ethics…..if they are going to back up what they indicate they will do at the time of sale. Until that sales contract is produced……and signed, with VIN and odometer reading (required in Calif), either party can walk away with no recourse.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many ways to establish a paper trail, but it really comes down to dealer ethics…..if they are going to back up what they indicate they will do at the time of sale. Until that sales contract is produced……and signed, with VIN and odometer reading (required in Calif), either party can walk away with no recourse.
You're absolutely right. Nothing can be done legally, nor did I expect that. All I want is my place in line and to wait like everyone else, if it wasnt for the screw up of the dealer.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're out of luck, there are no favor requests being made on the Bronco at this moment
Sponsored