Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I purchased my Bronco from @EricAtKearnyMesaFord in November 2021. I just picked up a hybrid Maverick last week from @EricAtKearnyMesaFord. Purchasing from Eric and his team has been the best new car buying experiences I have ever had. Both these rigs are awesome! I recommend anyone who buys a ford @Ford Motor Company to purchase from Eric at KMF.

For perspective, I live in Los Angeles (170 miles from KMF) and probably passed a dozen ford dealers to purchase in San Diego from KMF.

Thanks to Eric, Alexandrea and David at KMF!
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased my Bronco from @EricAtKearnyMesaFord in November 2021. I just picked up a hybrid Maverick last week from @EricAtKearnyMesaFord. Purchasing from Eric and his team has been the best new car buying experiences I have ever had. Both these rigs are awesome! I recommend anyone who buys a ford @Ford Motor Company to purchase from Eric at KMF.

For perspective, I live in Los Angeles (170 miles from KMF) and probably passed a dozen ford dealers to purchase in San Diego from KMF.

Thanks to Eric, Alexandrea and David at KMF!
I came about 120 miles and my experience was the same. Would def do it again

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally get to add my thoughts to this this thread about @EricAtKearnyMesaFord . I put my reservation in when Ford anounced the Bronco way back in July of 2020. I found Eric on this forum and reached out to him to discuss placing my reservation with him as the default dealer my reservation was assigned to was unresponsive and didn't have any information about the Bronco. When I asked about pricing and other things about the Bronco, they couldn't provide any. There were two sources of reliable information, that I could trust. One was this forum; Bronco6g and the other was Eric at Kearny Mesa Ford. I never felt that I had to reach out to Eric and inquire about status or at what stage I was at in the process. Eric has been on top of every aspect of this release. Either providing good news or having to be the bearer of not so good news coming out of Ford. His correspondence to his Bronco reservation/order holders was always accurate and timely. Even when Ford would change a process or scheduling that contradicted what was put out to the public, Eric always followed up and reassured us with correcting the misinformation or getting clarity and getting the word out. I waited 900+ days to get my Bronco and Eric always kept me updated on what was going on. When we needed to reorder he let me know well in advance. I picked up my Bronco this past Saturday and unfortunately was not able to meet Eric in person and say thank you. So, I'll say thank you Eric for all your help over these past few years and thank you to the staff at Kearny Mesa Ford for getting me into my Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Team,

I want to use this platform for a quick announcement. KM Ford will not be placing any new Bronco special orders today. I do not anticipate we'll have the capacity to take on new special orders until the 2024 launch sometime late this year.

And sorry @kahunabob @DEC, but I cannot offer a public discount on ESPs at this time.

Take care all!

Eric

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roughly 2 years and 3 months from original order date, finally got it!

Thanks to Eric, Andrew and the KMF crew. All original pricing agreements were honored, and Price protection certs applied. Roughly 170 miles one way but would definitely work with them again on any future Ford purchase.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford IMG_1541

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roughly 2 years and 3 months from original order date, finally got it!

Thanks to Eric, Andrew and the KMF crew. All original pricing agreements were honored, and Price protection certs applied. Roughly 170 miles one way but would definitely work with them again on any future Ford purchase.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford IMG_1541
congrats! and yes to working with them again, just remember they also have Kia, and they did a fantastic job with my wife and getting her a hybrid kia sorento.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you guys do anything for us here in California on Extended Warranties and service plans?

I know we are ALL looking for a good dealer to buy from that can match other prices that are out there.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And sorry @kahunabob @DEC, but I cannot offer a public discount on ESPs at this time.
We will take private discounts on ESPs then :D Not sure why CA dealers feel the need to price gouge their customers. We are not even asking for $50 over cost like Granger or others. Sell it at $200 over cost and make some real money and create real goodwill for your dealership. Last time I checked 5x$200 is the same profit as 1x$1000.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@2fast4u @GroovyGeek Thanks for reaching out about this guys. The sale and negotiation of Ford ESP is not something I can help with at all. Best of luck with your search!

Beintheshoe

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Eric, any guess what the chances of getting our MY23 Heritage orders produced is? Is there any way to track where my order lands priority wise?

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@2fast4u @GroovyGeek Thanks for reaching out about this guys. The sale and negotiation of Ford ESP is not something I can help with at all. Best of luck with your search!
That's an interesting way of putting it Eric.

Not a Bronco. We picked up a new Tremor from Kearny Mesa a few weeks back. We got the usual straight forward no games deal. Everything was as promised and easy. They make ordering and getting a vehicle as straight forward as it can be.

We did not go with the Ford ESP this time. That was a strange part of the discussion. There was either no way to negotiate the price or an unwillingness. I'm not sure which. Strange things are happening in California with regard to insurance and warranties.

Regardless, Kearny Mesa will get the call next time we need another order. We're just waiting for the '24 order banks to open on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford Side 23 20230520_143739

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just have to believe dealers hate warranty work – there is no money in it, as the rate sheet Ford uses is not even close to the actual time it takes to understand the issue/diagnose/tear down/fix/re-build and test. So the service dept. gets stuck dumping man hours into something they are not getting reimbursed for.

Of course Granger loves to sell them at $50 a pop profit - they know you won’t be driving your car to IA to clog up their service bays.. So free $50.

Looking at the positive side, it’s a good excuse to get a new car every few years (at least until 2035 – at which point, enjoy your electric cars, I’ll be out of this hoosegow by then) :ROFLMAO:

That f250 looks like a 7.3 – so you won’t have to go thru the $10k CP4 replacement hell, that, by the way, would most likely not be covered by an ESP anyway.

Nice color!
Sponsored