BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone from Kearny Mesa get any reservation emails from Ford today? I don't think i got one and looks like it will be a MY22' :L
I'm early morning 7/14 reservation WT....nothing, but did see several WT's and Badlands with MIC tops so hopefully early 2022 for us... good news is the line is moving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I applaud Eric at Kearny Mesa as a stand up guy whose been responsive. Not as much lately, which I attribute to his current workload.

On the other hand the finance team SUCKS A**.
It seems their Finance Manager Mike H., is too busy to speak with a customer. Rather then calling me some guy name Granada (or something like that) rudely calls with a hard sell approach telling me "there's no-way you can talk to Mike."

What a bunch of idiots. I simply wanted to discuss what they're offering in terms of financing--I already have 2 pre-approvals--so I basically don't need these jokers.

Although, more importantly, I wanted to know how to submit my X-Plan pin. I'm hoping that Eric or the finance people don't screw me on this. I discussed the plan with Eric and received his approval before the cut off so I should be fine.

However, my experience with the finance team does not not install much confidence.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Joel,

First, let's address your account of what happened. You called and wanted to talk to the Finance Department manager. The Department Manager has been in interviews and meetings all day, so as a courtesy to you he asked one of our very capable Finance Managers to call you immediately. That person easily could have answered all of your questions, but instead you were rude to that person and refused their help. Was it "I don't have time for dicking around" that you said? Even after all that the Finance Director was going to make time to call you back today. But now you're going out in public saying that our team sucks ass, called us jokers, and a bunch of idiots. This goes beyond just posting a complaint.

Our dealership has stepped up in BIG ways compared to other dealerships. With everything we've done and we're continuing to do, the way you treated our staff was completely inappropriate. You have no deposit with our dealership and we are under no contractual obligation to do business with you. I think it best that you contact Ford and see if there is anything they can do to move you to another dealership. Let me give you the number 1-800-334-4375.

Good luck,

Eric

BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I applaud Eric at Kearny Mesa as a stand up guy whose been responsive. Not as much lately, which I attribute to his current workload.

On the other hand the finance team SUCKS A**.
It seems their Finance Manager Mike H., is too busy to speak with a customer. Rather then calling me some guy name Granada (or something like that) rudely calls with a hard sell approach telling me "there's no-way you can talk to Mike."

What a bunch of idiots. I simply wanted to discuss what they're offering in terms of financing--I already have 2 pre-approvals--so I basically don't need these jokers.

Although, more importantly, I wanted to know how to submit my X-Plan pin. I'm hoping that Eric or the finance people don't screw me on this. I discussed the plan with Eric and received his approval before the cut off so I should be fine.

However, my experience with the finance team does not not install much confidence.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Yes Eric is great guy and he has been busy managing his team...as you know this whole roll out just made more work for everyone...Ford Corp should of taken their time before launching the Bronco...but it is what it is.. As for the financing just wait for your rig to show up...the loan approvals can be done within 30mn at the dealer...I know Mike H. and we have bought cars from him before, he is also a standup guy but he's the Director of Finance and he is busy just like Eric, if not more. Right now, many Dealers are running smaller staff because there are NO inventory and no one wants to work anymore.:LOL: Before you go the the dealer, I would look into Mission Fed here in San Diego or Navy Fed if your Military. Just bought my wife a car a couple of months back and I think it was 2.5% @ 60 months with FICO score above 700 points..Then you can see what KM Finance Manager can match or get you a better deal. Best of Luck!

Pablo

First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes Eric is great guy and he has been busy managing his team...as you know this whole roll out just made more work for everyone...Ford Corp should of taken their time before launching the Bronco...but it is what it is.. As for the financing just wait for your rig to show up...the loan approvals can be done within 30mn at the dealer...I know Mike H. and we have bought cars from him before, he is also a standup guy but he's the Director of Finance and he is busy just like Eric, if not more. Right now, many Dealers are running smaller staff because there are NO inventory and no one wants to work anymore.:LOL: Before you go the the dealer, I would look into Mission Fed here in San Diego or Navy Fed if your Military. Just bought my wife a car a couple of months back and I think it was 2.5% @ 60 months with FICO score above 700 points..Then you can see what KM Finance Manager can match or get you a better deal. Best of Luck!
Thanks!

Sponsored

Pablo

First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve found great rates at Cal-Coast, but most dealerships can meet or beat rates so it pays to let them try and beat the competition.
Thanks for the Info. I'm going to try deleting my post. I got Eric mad and that was not my intent. As I've said he's been a good guy.

Last edited:

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just recieved my new build week. Look like in about 2 weeks I'll be looking for that pizza tracker to finally change! Thanks again to @EricAtKearnyMesaFord for hanging in there with me! Hopefully this will be the last reschedule

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the VIN for my Bronco since May and no new build date today.

Does anyone know when the cutoff for 2021 scheduling is? I can't seem to find it.

I still have my Ford e-mail that says I "can expect this information by early October" which I guess means anytime before October 16 in Ford speak but means absolutely nothing in reality as what they wrote really only allows a qualified expectation for me but does not promise or even imply that Ford will take actual action on anything.

(I spent three hours in a hearing with attorneys yesterday so I'm reading everything a little differently today.)
So I sent an e-mail to Kearny Mesa today to see what they knew and about a half an hour later... I get this.

THE PRODUCTION DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED.

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Bronco™ BADLANDS.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of October 25, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.

Coincidence? Mystery pull with the monster? Who knows.

I'll take October.

Pablo

First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi All;
Mea culpa!

Early today I wrote an unfair scathing remark criticizing the finance manager (Mike H.) at Kearny Mesa Ford and by extension Eric B., @EricAtKearnyMesaFord, and essentially the entire Kearny Mesa Ford team.

I was wrong to post a public comment.

Furthermore, I overreacted and was a big dick!

No excuses on my part. I did not take the time to intelligently think about this situation. As a result, I bad-mouthed an organization that has treated me fairly and gracefully.

To the team at Kearny Mesa, please accept my apology.

To my fellow forum members, please disregard my hot-headed comments.

Thank you!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Joel,

First, let's address your account of what happened. You called and wanted to talk to the Finance Department manager. The Department Manager has been in interviews and meetings all day, so as a courtesy to you he asked one of our very capable Finance Managers to call you immediately. That person easily could have answered all of your questions, but instead you were rude to that person and refused their help. Was it "I don't have time for dicking around" that you said? Even after all that the Finance Director was going to make time to call you back today. But now you're going out in public saying that our team sucks ass, called us jokers, and a bunch of idiots. This goes beyond just posting a complaint.

Our dealership has stepped up in BIG ways compared to other dealerships. With everything we've done and we're continuing to do, the way you treated our staff was completely inappropriate. You have no deposit with our dealership and we are under no contractual obligation to do business with you. I think it best that you contact Ford and see if there is anything they can do to move you to another dealership. Let me give you the number 1-800-334-4375.

Good luck,

Eric
I have to say after calling ever Ford dealer in NV and many in Ca ,AZ, and one in Utah that KeanyMesa and Eric was the most knowledgeable about the Bronco and up front and fair then any dealer I called .

Sponsored

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eric,

I APPRECIATE you! You have been really helpful, responsive, and informative. I live in LA and the customer service you have provided is excellent. I hope in the future your dealer is the number 1 in SoCal for anything Bronco related such as accessories, mods, services etc... Looking forward to meeting you soon!

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Furthermore, I overreacted and was a big dick!
I'll be honest that this is the line that won me over :ROFLMAO: I'm going to use this next time I find myself in the doghouse.

1yr+ of waiting for something as exciting as the Bronco can put anybody on edge. Thank you for your apology. Water under the bridge.

As a message for everybody, I put myself as the point of contact so that everyone else at the dealership can continue focusing on 'today' business only. Please always contact me first before anyone else.

Onwards and upwards!

Eric

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a quick update while I'm here, there will apparently be one more round of 2021 scheduling that will happen this Thursday. Not sure if we'll see any more from our house get a VIN.

Both the Order Bank and the Build and Price tool for the 22s will open next Wednesday the 13th. I'm going to ask everyone to send me an updated build sheet for how you want your Bronco equipped, even if nothing is changing from last year. I'll probably send everyone an email this week with a preview of what the process will look like, and then I'll send the full 2022 welcome email after B&P is live. Please wait until you receive that Welcome email before you send me the specs of your 22 Bronco.

You'll hear from me soon!

Eric

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a quick update while I'm here, there will apparently be one more round of 2021 scheduling that will happen this Thursday. Not sure if we'll see any more from our house get a VIN.

Both the Order Bank and the Build and Price tool for the 22s will open next Wednesday the 13th. I'm going to ask everyone to send me an updated build sheet for how you want your Bronco equipped, even if nothing is changing from last year. I'll probably send everyone an email this week with a preview of what the process will look like, and then I'll send the full 2022 welcome email after B&P is live. Please wait until you receive that Welcome email before you send me the specs of your 22 Bronco.

Eric
Just Happy the 13th isn't a Friday 😉

BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Eric
Thank you Eric for ALL you do for us!! Good Luck to everyone for the final 10/7 2021 scheduling. Hopefully we do get a couple of our group Broncos scheduled!!
Sponsored