Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A quick little backstory:

My 2022 Wildtrak was bulit in September, put on a short chip hold, then sat at MAP for 7 weeks until it finally shipped. Before the railcar actually left MAP, it was put in "bad order" status (needed repair) and sat an additional week. The railcar then proceeded on its journey to its final destination in OKC and I tracked it the entire week. Imagine my surprise when the train arrived on 12/5 and my dealer called everyday for a week to be told that my Bronco hadn't shown up, they didn't have it at the railyard.

Over the next two weeks, my dealer and I made multiple calls to Ford, only to be told the Bronco was in OKC. OKC said no it wasn't. Did the Bronco get unloaded from that bad order railcar and not documented where it was at? I was stuck waiting and wondering. I was finally able to get Ford to open up a VDIR case last Thursday to try to track it down. Monday morning I called and there were no updates to the case. I was disappointed that it wasn't likely I was getting my Bronco before Christmas and might not even get my 2022 until 2023.

Monday afternoon, my husband ran across a "suggested post" on Facebook from B6G (he's not a member). Out of curiousity, he clicked on it and read it only to be amazed that the person that wrote the post was referencing the railyard in OKC. As he read through the post about a Bronco that was just sitting there out of place, he started wondering if it could possibly be mine. After alerting me to the post, I was able to compare my specs to the picture of a Bronco just sitting in a parking lot. Everything matched up, including a half pulled off sticker on the modular bumper. Lots of enlarging determined that the numbers on the sticker matched the numbers on the assembly line pic that Ford emailed me. I immediately messaged my dealer that I thought this was my missing Bronco.

Yesterday morning, my dealer called the rail/transport company again and after some investigation, my Bronco was found parked in a completely different location than where it was supposed to be in OKC. My dealer immediately sent someone to go get it.

If it hadn't been for the post below, we'd likely still be wondering where my Bronco was. Crazy coincidence or divine intervention, my Bronco is here before Christmas thanks to @rsissom918 and B6G. Guess I should call Ford today and cancel my case because B6G solved it for them.

Link to helpful post: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ned-by-a-short-line-railroad-conductor.61635/

Ford Bronco A Random Post and a Christmas Miracle - My Bronco Was Located Thanks to Bronco6G OKC Bronco

Ford Bronco A Random Post and a Christmas Miracle - My Bronco Was Located Thanks to Bronco6G Bumper comparison

Ford Bronco A Random Post and a Christmas Miracle - My Bronco Was Located Thanks to Bronco6G Delivery
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A quick little backstory:

My 2022 Wildtrak was bulit in September, put on a short chip hold, then sat at MAP for 7 weeks until it finally shipped. Before the railcar actually left MAP, it was put in "bad order" status (needed repair) and sat an additional week. The railcar then proceeded on its journey to its final destination in OKC and I tracked it the entire week. Imagine my surprise when the train arrived on 12/5 and my dealer called everyday for a week to be told that my Bronco hadn't shown up, they didn't have it at the railyard.

Over the next two weeks, my dealer and I made multiple calls to Ford, only to be told the Bronco was in OKC. OKC said no it wasn't. Did the Bronco get unloaded from that bad order railcar and not documented where it was at? I was stuck waiting and wondering. I was finally able to get Ford to open up a VDIR case last Thursday to try to track it down. Monday morning I called and there were no updates to the case. I was disappointed that it wasn't likely I was getting my Bronco before Christmas and might not even get my 2022 until 2023.

Monday afternoon, my husband ran across a "suggested post" on Facebook from B6G (he's not a member). Out of curiousity, he clicked on it and read it only to be amazed that the person that wrote the post was referencing the railyard in OKC. As he read through the post about a Bronco that was just sitting there out of place, he started wondering if it could possibly be mine. After alerting me to the post, I was able to compare my specs to the picture of a Bronco just sitting in a parking lot. Everything matched up, including a half pulled off sticker on the modular bumper. Lots of enlarging determined that the numbers on the sticker matched the numbers on the assembly line pic that Ford emailed me. I immediately messaged my dealer that I thought this was my missing Bronco.

Yesterday morning, my dealer called the rail/transport company again and after some investigation, my Bronco was found parked in a completely different location than where it was supposed to be in OKC. My dealer immediately sent someone to go get it.

If it hadn't been for the post below, we'd likely still be wondering where my Bronco was. Crazy coincidence or divine intervention, my Bronco is here before Christmas thanks to @rsissom918 and B6G. Guess I should call Ford today and cancel my case because B6G solved it for them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ned-by-a-short-line-railroad-conductor.61635/

Ford Bronco A Random Post and a Christmas Miracle - My Bronco Was Located Thanks to Bronco6G Delivery

Good fortune! I remember seeing that post from a railyard manager about how the yards worked and how rail shipping happened! Funny how a car parked in the wrong slot can be "lost" in the computer tracking age. Glad you found it! Good work!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I need an investigator, I'll have to remember to track you down. Impressive!

OP
OP
outnumbered

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s amazing. Glad you finally got it. The internet is still undefeated.
A few years ago, my house was broken into. Facebook solved that crime also!

Sponsored

SoonerNatx

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4d 2.7 MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Amazing story, I followed it in that thread! Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
outnumbered

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

DrewMackin

Heritage
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tesla Model 3, 23 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Also been following your journey. What a crazy story, so happy for you! Congrats on finally getting your Bronco!

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What a long time coming I am glad your wait has come to an end. What a crazy dilemma you have been through.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This site ceases to amaze me.😁
Congrats and Merry Christmas!🎅

Sherminiator

Big Bend