Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone by chance happen to have the opportunity to actually see A51 in person, AND have put eyes on these Fifteen52's in slate grey? Curious how closely the colors might match. I've liked the looks of these old school steelies since they came out, and they might be juuuust close enough to pull off...

I could envision some raised white letter 35's or 37's looking pretty slick on a set of these.
Ford Bronco A51 color and slate grey wheels?... 1609427279150
Sponsored

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw an Area 51 color yesterday. It was on a Bronco Sport. I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I didn't get a picture because the little foo foo girl that bought it was sitting in it and I figured my wife would like me taking pictures of a cute young hotty sitting in a car.... I mean a Bronco with someone else in it. ;)

But seriously, my wife and I were both disappointed in the color. This is just our own personal opinions, not in any way trying to sway your opinion of the color. Obviously we didn't see the wheels you are wanting to see.

Disclaimer - I do not like the Bronco Sports, so this may have influenced my opinion.

OP
OP
Primm907

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw an Area 51 color yesterday. It was on a Bronco Sport. I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I didn't get a picture because the little foo foo girl that bought it was sitting in it and I figured my wife would like me taking pictures of a cute young hotty sitting in a car.... I mean a Bronco with someone else in it. ;)

But seriously, my wife and I were both disappointed in the color. This is just our own personal opinions, not in any way trying to sway your opinion of the color. Obviously we didn't see the wheels you are wanting to see.

Disclaimer - I do not like the Bronco Sports, so this may have influenced my opinion.

Thanks. I've been back and forth on A51 anyway. One of my daughter's really thinks it's a "cool" color. Was thinking white might be the better option; especially over the long run. That'd still work with some white Analogs...

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. I've been back and forth on A51 anyway. One of my daughter's really thinks it's a "cool" color. Was thinking white might be the better option; especially over the long run. That'd still work with some white Analogs...
Right, I totally understand that. I had been going back and forth between white and Area 51. From the very beginning I have been saying my Bronco was going to be White, then I saw Area 51 online, and started to think differently. I think since I will have a late delivery of my Bronco, I will make my final decision once I see a real Bronco in these colors.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not seen those rims but have seen an A51 Sport. The color is not as vibrant as some of these pictures. Its dustier. To me that's a positive. I wanted to avoid the cheap electric koolaid look. It's more gunmetal than that.

Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen the Area 51 in person on the Overland Build. I loved it. I agree with Adumb above in that it’s not metallic look to me. ....flatter to me. I think it would look awesome with those rims.

brybar4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My same impression. Hoping it will look better on the big Bronco. I have the Overland rig in my head but that’s not the same hue I saw on the Bronco Sport in person. I didn’t like the contrast with all the black on the Bronco Sport so maybe some of the grays from the grill, MIC, etc on the big Bronco might help.

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My same impression. Hoping it will look better on the big Bronco. I have the Overland rig in my head but that’s not the same hue I saw on the Bronco Sport in person. I didn’t like the contrast with all the black on the Bronco Sport so maybe some of the grays from the grill, MIC, etc on the big Bronco might help.
This is exactly correct! I saw the Overland build and changed from thinking White to wanting Area 51. That build was perfect in my mind. But the color in real life (on the baby Bronco) did not match what I saw on that Overland build. Also, now that I think about it, you are correct, the black does not work well with Area 51. I think the grey helps that color much more than the black does. That's a good point.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone by chance happen to have the opportunity to actually see A51 in person, AND have put eyes on these Fifteen52's in slate grey? Curious how closely the colors might match. I've liked the looks of these old school steelies since they came out, and they might be juuuust close enough to pull off...

I could envision some raised white letter 35's or 37's looking pretty slick on a set of these.
Ford Bronco A51 color and slate grey wheels?... 1609427279150
I really like those wheels also. I hope they come out with them with a about a +45mm off set.
0 off set isn't going to cut it for me.

Sponsored

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good luck in figuring A51 out -- I have seen, in person, the color on a Sport (sunny day) and on the Bronco Overlander (overcast day). The A51 on the Sport looked like a baby blue flat color and the appeared as a darker slate color on the Bronco. The colors were so distinct in each situation that the our family thought that A51 may be different on the sport. In any event, I am not a fan of baby blue so I am back to deciding on color options.

OP
OP
Primm907

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It may be a blessing in disguise that I'll probably be late next year due to being tardy on getting a reservation. Hopefully it'll allow me to see a lot more combinations in person prior to making a final commitment.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good luck in figuring A51 out -- I have seen, in person, the color on a Sport (sunny day) and on the Bronco Overlander (overcast day). The A51 on the Sport looked like a baby blue flat color and the appeared as a darker slate color on the Bronco. The colors were so distinct in each situation that the our family thought that A51 may be different on the sport. In any event, I am not a fan of baby blue so I am back to deciding on color options.
Jeep has made two colors on the Wrangler in recent years, Rhino & Anvil. If you know the colors, does A51 look like either?

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jeep has made two colors on the Wrangler in recent years, Rhino & Anvil. If you know the colors, does A51 look like either?
No, much more blue. The Sport A51 truly looked like a powder/baby blue. And that is the assessment of 4 pairs of eyes (albeit all in the same gene pool)

OP
OP
Primm907

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very crude attempt at trying to "photoshop" them onto an A51...

Ford Bronco A51 color and slate grey wheels?... 1609450573614

Ford Bronco A51 color and slate grey wheels?... 1609450598712
Sponsored