Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have 10,600 miles on it as of today after a 5,000 mile road trip to Moab/national parks. I've only had the MIC-top clicking issue which was solved by some foam in the top pin holes. Everything else has been fantastic. I was in Moab during jeep week after having driven it from Virginia, did everything the jeeps were doing, then went on to a bunch of national parks, and was able to drive home in comfort compared to a Jeep. So far it has been my favorite vehicle I've owned.
I’ve had some popping sound but it seems like it is coming from the passenger window. Also some squeaking from just above my left ear… in shop now having

them look into it… would you mind taking pics of what you did with the foam?

here is the popping

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just under 3k.

- Too many prompts/warnings when you start the vehicle.
- A couple of my windows catch pretty bad on open (I need to take it in to the dealership or follow the guide posted here on B6G to reset their position – not the nonsensical pattern of going up and down and holding)
- Double honk (I just need to bite the bullet and get forscan)

Otherwise I freaking love this damn thing, could not be happier with my purchase.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve had some popping sound but it seems like it is coming from the passenger window. Also some squeaking from just above my left ear… in shop now having

here is the popping
it’s the guide pins on the roof panels. Wrap them with a single tight wrap of electric tape. Heres my first fix, trash condoms, shows location.

Ford Bronco Absolutely nothing wrong 030B9C4F-A076-4B93-8FCA-783B274815BF
Ford Bronco Absolutely nothing wrong B15FDE40-D1A1-4DB0-984D-918991DA25CA

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is the popping
Yes that sounds like the popping/squeaking that seems like a very common defect for MIC roofs. If it's from the same thing as everyone else's issue then it's because Ford cheaped out and didn't put rubber grommets in the holes where the MIC roof goes in. You basically cut 2 inch by 2 inch squares from foam craft sheets like this that you get from a hobby store or amazon. You place them over the holes before you put the top panels back on so that the foam goes into the holes with the plugs that are on the roof panels. It stops that popping/crackling sound.

Here is another thread about the fix that includes images that basically show what it looks like. I used thinner craft foam than what they used, but the point is to stop the peg/plug from rattling and rubbing against the metal holes that they go into.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is the popping
I just lubed the guide pins.
No more noises in ??? a few months or more???.
People getting all tricky with foam etc etc.
I used a teeny tiny amount of vaseline ... probably any lube will work, white lithium, etc etc.
Vaseline was the cleanest stuff I had in the garage.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Love mine, no issues.

20220326_184110.jpeg
7000 miles in 6 months, and there's only two things I don't like about the FE: Lack of sport mode, and the carpeted floors (I do have the rubber mats). I'd have gotten a Badlands if the FE reservation didn't fall in my favor.

That said, I'm insanely happy with everything else, especially the Lightning Blue. And @Bullitt, if your Bronco is the same USAFA-area one I've seen online before, you might want to consider the spare tire cover I got from tirecovers.com:

Ford Bronco Absolutely nothing wrong IMG_0009(1).JPEG

Ford Bronco Absolutely nothing wrong IMG_0271(2).JPEG

Above is the RekGen mudflaps I added to the front. We had to remove the rock rails and put on step bars for mobility reasons, so finding mudflaps that would work was a chore.

I've also recently added the Mabett back seat rear covers, but my favorite addition is the JCROffroad MOLLE panels on the center console. However, the included screws are crap, and I had to use machine screws (and squeeze my hand behind the console with a nut the screws could thread into).

Ford Bronco Absolutely nothing wrong IMG_6311.JPEG

Last edited:

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else happy with their Bronco? Not one thing to complain about? Same here. Cheers!🍺
I love how it drives and all the power. The only gripe i really have is how long it took to get.
Sponsored