Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
“Update:

I reached out to the shop owner this morning and he assured me without even seeing my pics that they would fix anything that I am not 100% happy with. I have an appointment tomorrow I’ll report back here.”

Am I being too OCD or is this PPF job not up to par?

Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? IMG_2462
Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? IMG_2463
Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? IMG_2465
Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? IMG_2469
Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? IMG_2467
Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? IMG_2470
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No, that is a completely unacceptable application. I really can't believe the shop let your vehicle leave in that condition. A couple of spots look like retained solution, which will typically dry up once in the sun. Unfortunately, the sun will not fix improper stretching and cutting. It looks like they were using templates that they failed to align properly. My Raptor - same color - had no issues with XPel installation. If they will not make it right, contest the charges; you will prevail.

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, that is a completely unacceptable application. I really can't believe the shop let your vehicle leave in that condition. A couple of spots look like retained solution, which will typically dry up once in the sun. Unfortunately, the sun will not fix improper stretching and cutting. It looks like they were using templates that they failed to align properly. My Raptor - same color - had no issues with XPel installation. If they will not make it right, contest the charges; you will prevail.
Agree with this. I bet they are using templates that they cut out on a plotter or something. My guy did the same and I have tiny visable cuts on hard corners or edges but mine was aligned better on my car. Those loose edges will only get worse as well as they pick up dirt and other stuff.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's bad unless it was really cheap and you plan on beating on it - agree it looks like they used a pre-cut pattern that wasn't aligned properly. Those edges are only going to get a lot worse.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
NO WAY!!!

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unacceptable. Those exposed edges are going to get disgusting real quick & look a lot worse. I would not have accepted that.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd be pissed off that they tried to pass that off as acceptable.

Years ago I had a new roof put on, the part over the porch was actually wavy, I called and complained, they sent some one out - they wouldn't do anything, finally the owner came out.
As we both looked at it, I said to him, would you accept that if it was your house? Or your mom's house?
Roof fixed without another word.

After that I've always considered that the best tactic ... if you were me, would you find this acceptable?
It works.

OP
OP
wilbersk

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update:

I reached out to the shop owner this morning and he assured me without even seeing my pics that they would fix anything that I am not 100% happy with. I have an appointment tomorrow I’ll report back here.

JB Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands w/ 2.7L V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
D
“Update:

I reached out to the shop owner this morning and he assured me without even seeing my pics that they would fix anything that I am not 100% happy with. I have an appointment tomorrow I’ll report back here.”

Am I being too OCD or is this PPF job not up to par?

Ford Bronco Acceptable PPF job? 1711513236867-a
Definitely needs fixed. The pic of the bubble isn't that concerning. Mine had some of those but after a few days in the sun all but a few small ones were gone. The installer fixed those when I took it back in no problem. The others stuff is just not good. Seemed to lack attention to detail.

OP
OP
wilbersk

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The shop owner kept the Raptor and apologized heavily for letting it ever leave the shop that way. I get the vibe that he wasn’t involved in the install since he wasn’t there when I picked it up initially, but still. He assured me he’d keep it a couple extra days after the fixed work is done to make sure it’s good. We’ll see how it turns out. 😬
Sponsored