John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This weekend as part of my ARB Twin install (still not finished) I installed a Victron 12 Inverter in the rear quarter panel along with a Blue Sea Systems +/- Bus Bar for accessories in the rear compartment. Note: this only works if you don't have a sub back there. Install was pretty easy and there is enough room but not a TON of room. I actually ran 2 lines of power; a 4awg positive on the drivers side for a future dual battery and an Expedition Essentials (for a Tacoma) harness on the passenger side for the ARB. I spliced into this line as it's fused (might add a breaker for the inverter later). I'm going to add some rear cargo lighting, power ports to this bus bar as well. So basically: Exp Ess Harness > Blue Sea Bus > Inverter

The Inverter is secured to the rollbar/sheetmetal with 10/32 screws that I tapped into the roll bar. I added a few strips of VHB to further secure and insulate to the body. The Phoenix has 1x 120v outlet rated at 250A so it's got plenty of clean sinewave power for whatever dumb stuff we get involved in. I wired this to the Blue Sea Bus and used a gasketed 120v extension to run the power to the interior panel. This inverter also has a port for a remote switch that I'm going to use as to not have it running all the time. I may or maynot use an AUX switch as a master control to ensure this doesn't run while parked and leave me stranded.

The Blue Sea Bus Bar is the "heart" of all this. These are great for distributing power. I spliced into the harness and to the ground in the rear quarter nearby. I bent up an aluminum bracket to support it and give easy access to it. Right now the inverter, 2x 12v plugs and a dual USB port are hooked to it. Future additions will be a rear cargo compartment light (building from aluminum channel/LED tape), another LED channel for the JCR folding table on the tailgate and potentially reverse lights.

All in all, a bunch of additions that will be really useful for camping/adventures. Pics of the switches installed coming soon.

Ford Bronco Added a Victron Inverter + Bus Bar; rear passenger quarter panel 4C225572-894E-4B1E-8547-431D00FE7CC7

Ford Bronco Added a Victron Inverter + Bus Bar; rear passenger quarter panel 2976EE6D-A1C0-47B9-8500-A0D70ADB64D0
Sponsored

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very cool. Did you run the power wires on the interior or exterior?

OP
OP

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Through the interior using the sills on both sides.

Ford Bronco Added a Victron Inverter + Bus Bar; rear passenger quarter panel 3A3F3BFE-E0FE-49EF-888C-C41E107C4977

Ford Bronco Added a Victron Inverter + Bus Bar; rear passenger quarter panel 3D1FC765-CA36-4A7A-825C-3ACDB537CC2C

posthour

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks - 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How has this setup been working for you? I desire a similar install but I am worried about air flow and heat dissipation behind this panel.

Do you think this inverter would fit in the same location with a factory sub installed? So skipping the bus bar is what I'm inquiring about.

Last edited:
OP
OP

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How has this setup been working for you? I desire a similar install but I am worried about air flow and heat dissipation behind this panel.

Do you think this inverter would fit in the same location with a factory sub installed? So skipping the bus bar is what I'm inquiring about.
I haven't really even used it yet. We cancelled a trip out in the mountains so none of this gear has been used minus testing and such. It could be interesting to run in and put a temp gauge on it to see what we're looking at.

I don't have the factory sub but I've seen pics of them online, no way this particular inverter will fit. Maybe one of those smaller 250/400W ones? but then I'd definitely be worried about heat from both the sub, small space and the inverter. Ours has a ton of space around it and it's mounted to the metal body/frame to act as a heatsink.
Sponsored