First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For portability and use in multiple applications, I have had success with the Jackery line. I also like that you can recharge via solar option. In short, you will have a ton different options whether hard wired or portable.
The Jackery 1000 portable seems like a good option. DC charging on the road and direct wall. Hard wiring to your battery can drain it fast when the engine is off, you can recharge the Jackery while on road trips but it will set you back $900-$1000 . it has three wall outlets, USB's and can even jump start if needed. Things like coffee pots, Keurigs, power tools, blenders, etc the included inverter isn't going to cover you for any camping except charging phones, laptops, etc.
Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been thinking about using one of the aux switches to power a second inverter. Wondering if a service part (like the outlet in the second row) could be mounted in the rear cargo area.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it's only 240watt on the slow charger. Just won't do it for some reason. Its an old cheapie inverter anyway.

I still want something that I can charge all my equipment at once with. I kill batteries in the winter and need the power for day-to-day work.
From the user manual: "Note: The vehicle provides up to 400 watts when in park and up to 300 watts when in drive mode. This wattage is divided between multiple outlets when in use at the same time."
Sponsored