Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve upgraded the 3 dash (Focal) and 2 rear pod (kickers) speakers in my B&O system. Looking to upgrade the kicks next plus a sub and sub amp. I feel the power in the fronts is severely lacking. Thinking of adding an amp for the fronts (dash/kicks).
I know many have used the key 200.4 in the non B&O systems. What are people using with the B&O? Would the key 200.4 work or does the head unit defeat any sound calibrating? Do I just need a power amp period? What are you using? Thanks for any help!
Going with a 10” kicker down firing sub and a mono amp to replace the horrible stock sub.
Sponsored

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only way to add an amp for the mids/highs w/the B&O system currently is by buying this:

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html

PAC is supposedly working on an alternative, but will still likely cost ~$500. I don't think it is worth amping the focals / kickers you put in, unless you upgrade the fronts to a high end component set.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn! That’s expensive! So is there no way to just tie in an amp (with or without dsp) just to add power and not affect controls?

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

deanosf

Badlands
First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never seen that Nav Tv product before on these threads. Has anyone used it? I'm assuming this just upgrades the current amp.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never seen that Nav Tv product before on these threads. Has anyone used it? I'm assuming this just upgrades the current amp.
It provides a clean signal to go into an aftermarket amp. You still need to buy the amp on top of that.

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a lot of info from that one- but he didn’t install an amp for the fronts.
Correct, he did not. Adding an amp for the mids/highs is expensive with the B&O. I'm quite happy with Focal ACX speakers with a kicker key 500.1 and kicker 10" downfiring sub.

I don't think the 4" speakers (the Focal ACX, etc.) would benefit from an aftermarket amp. The 6.5" speakers would, but I think you can get 90%+ of the way there replacing the 4" speakers and adding a good sub/amp combo. Amping the mids/highs would double the cost of the project and the return would be minimal UNLESS you go with a set of high end components, etc.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct, he did not. Adding an amp for the mids/highs is expensive with the B&O. I'm quite happy with Focal ACX speakers with a kicker key 500.1 and kicker 10" downfiring sub.

I don't think the 4" speakers (the Focal ACX, etc.) would benefit from an aftermarket amp. The 6.5" speakers would, but I think you can get 90%+ of the way there replacing the 4" speakers and adding a good sub/amp combo. Amping the mids/highs would double the cost of the project and the return would be minimal UNLESS you go with a set of high end components, etc.
That’s the way I’m leaning now for sure. Get something for the bottom end and hopefully that focals will fill in the top. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored