Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’ve been toying around with buying a Base model and adding mods later(such as a rear locker, front facing camera, possibly an onboard air compressor). Instead of ordering one with the auxiliary switches, I had the idea of forgoing them and seeing if it’s possible to adding buttons to the blank slots on the dash hero switches. I feel it would be a cleaner look than having missing buttons, as well.

Does that sound feasible?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would imagine an aftermarket solution popping up for that exact purpose.

For OEM:

As long as you ordered the silicone button thingy (cover) for the Badlands with all the buttons populated, you should be able to throw whatever you want underneath. The button itself is just going to be a tactile non latching switch of some type.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a great idea, but the rubber cover on the switches is molded together, so you will have to fill all 6 spots, even if that means having un-used switches.

I imagine someone will come out with individual switches underneath, anywhere between 1 and 4 pack, to make sure all 6 spots are filled. Then a 6 position rubber cover, so you cover them all at the same time.

Peter

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it will be very difficult to make it look good; one of the absolutely great things about the Bronco are the auxiliary switches, eliminating the need for me to cut into my dash anywhere to put in a half ass looking switch.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you ordered the silicone button thingy
Such an amazing description. I’m sure the Parts department will absolutely order in the right part…

Ford Bronco Adding Hero Switches after the fact. 8710101F-08AF-4EB3-986C-4828003D36B8

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You knew exactly what I was talking about so why wouldnt they?
You’ve read the posts on here of order changes getting screwed up, right?

I’m just yanking your chain. I knew what you meant :)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm counting on it just being a matter of ordering the full switch bank to swap in, for when we figure out how to get trail turn working on the manuals.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Absolutely not feasible. You WILL spend a lot more $$ than just buying it.

So I’ve been toying around with buying a Base model and adding mods later(such as a rear locker, front facing camera, possibly an onboard air compressor). Instead of ordering one with the auxiliary switches, I had the idea of forgoing them and seeing if it’s possible to adding buttons to the blank slots on the dash hero switches. I feel it would be a cleaner look than having missing buttons, as well.

Does that sound feasible?

OP
OP
The Frisco Kid

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it will be very difficult to make it look good; one of the absolutely great things about the Bronco are the auxiliary switches, eliminating the need for me to cut into my dash anywhere to put in a half ass looking switch.
My thought was I wouldn’t have to cut into the dash, since every Bronco has a spot for hero switches already there. Just not the same amount of buttons. In theory, you could swap a switch pack from a Badlands into a Base. The only mystery then to me would be the wire hookups.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

anything is doable with the right amount of money, time and skill. with the money you could just simply purchase the trim level you desired. with the time and skill you can fabricate what is needed... it may be a while before the parts are available for customization considering there are parts shortages for production... my personal advice is to drive and enjoy your vehicle when it is delivered. write down everything you think needs to be changed and then drive it for two months... if at the end of the two months you still think you need the upgrade... knock yourself out, and do it...