Candler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious to know if anyone has added hardware to provide tilt to the bottom of their seat. This is common with electric powered seats so you can tilt it back or forward to provide support under your legs. I'm a decently tall guy being 6'3, so I ride with my seat all the way back, and if I could provide more support under my legs it would make road trips much more comfortable..
I'm considering removing the bolts that connect my seat to the floor and adding a handful of washers, but wanted to see if anyone has found a better solution.

Thanks,
Candler
Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Justin B. McBride, on youtube is a big guy and he did a segment on seat shims made out of machined aluminum.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use an old hockey puck as a spacer. I used one on my FJ

OP
OP
cbol

cbol

Outer Banks
First Name
Candler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious to know if anyone has added hardware to provide tilt to the bottom of their seat. This is common with electric powered seats so you can tilt it back or forward to provide support under your legs. I'm a decently tall guy being 6'3, so I ride with my seat all the way back, and if I could provide more support under my legs it would make road trips much more comfortable..
I'm considering removing the bolts that connect my seat to the floor and adding a handful of washers, but wanted to see if anyone has found a better solution.

Thanks,
Candler

Thanks,
Candler
After looking at the $80 Desert Does It hardware for sale I figured this fix could be solved for much less. I got 3/8-1 1/2 washers from the hardware store and put them under my front seat mounts. I added 6 (0.5-0.7 inches)under each mount, but I’d say you could probably add up to about 12 washers if you really wanted. Using the stock bolts, there were about 5 full rotations on top of each Mount after I put the washers in.

Sponsored

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The price of those DDI basic as it gets metal plates with two holes drilled in them is flat out laughable. You can make these yourself with some metal plate, even if you needed to stack it to obtain thickness in about 20 minutes.

How long is the guide pin on the bottom of the seat bracket?

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make adjustment spacers for Jeep JK rear seats that I used on my JK driver seat.

JK rear seat recline kit
Sponsored