Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve figured out the hold up.
IMG_6537.jpeg
I might be a little slow but that chart makes no sense. Is that recent?

Presumably the red highlights are complete. Yet they released the video and it is still in production? And they are still being produced so they are still in China?

Just get one hardtop to these dedicated buyers so they can finish the job for you and assemble the whole thing ADV. You really don't deserve customers with this kind of loyalty.
Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on that chart if it doesn’t pass QC, then it goes back to production???

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
How will this be handled if you have a leak from a bad seal or panel ?

Personally if it has to be assembled I would just as soon be the one tightening those bolts but seal prep , movement , squeeze out.

Not getting a good feeling about any flaws

Sponsored

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might be a little slow but that chart makes no sense. Is that recent?

Presumably the red highlights are complete. Yet they released the video and it is still in production? And they are still being produced so they are still in China?

Just get one hardtop to these dedicated buyers so they can finish the job for you and assemble the whole thing ADV. You really don't deserve customers with this kind of loyalty.
The chart is designed to show you in real-time how they plan to delay orders for another 6-12 months. But this origami hardtop is totally worth the wait.

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mind blowing it's not at least partially assembled for that cost, especially the seals.
Yup, and I would never buy a hard top with all this assembly required, I can see this as a problem down the road with all them seals, squeaks and leaks possible developing through time....I mean the price and warranty is an absolute no go for me as well.....TOR has a lifetime warranty and fair pricing with great customer service which is my top pick so far

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well from the responses, I guess we now know why they did not do an install video. I do agree though, its a lot to do, it may scare some off, others may be ok with it.

In the end, they just need to get them out in people's hands and see where everything lands.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well from the responses, I guess we now know why they did not do an install video. I do agree though, its a lot to do, it may scare some off, others may be ok with it.

In the end, they just need to get them out in people's hands and see where everything lands.
I don’t disagree with getting the tops out the door, but where the buyer needs to build their top, way beyond bolt together, there should be a massive reduction in cost.

Without assembly, these tops should be out the door at $4500 at most.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t disagree with getting the tops out the door, but where the buyer needs to build their top, way beyond bolt together, there should be a massive reduction in cost.

At the very least, the rubber seals should have been pre-installed by the manufacturer. Bolting together is one thing. It's another to ensure the seals are properly installed.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking more like $2500.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, and I would never buy a hard top with all this assembly required, I can see this as a problem down the road with all them seals, squeaks and leaks possible developing through time....I mean the price and warranty is an absolute no go for me as well.....TOR has a lifetime warranty and fair pricing with great customer service which is my top pick so far
I hope everyone reads the warranty before completing this purchase. It is way more restrictive than AC and on a different planet entirely from TOR. Basically any way you can think of being denied coverage is outlined in the legalese.

This part is especially concerning...
" ADV. does not warrant against defects resulting from improper assembly, installations, misuse, abuse, accidents, product modifications, negligence or deterioration of the finish due to improper maintenance or exposure to chemicals and/or other unusual environmental conditions. This warranty does not extend in any respect to accessories or parts not produced by ADV and shall not extend to any consequential or incidental damages. "

Another fun part...
" The customer will be required to return any defective product(s) to ADV before ADV delivered repaired or replacement product(s) to the customer. " So basically you are w/o a top from the time you send it back, they look at it, hopefully have spare product on hand, and ship it back (if they decide to honor the warranty at all based on the extensive exclusions). Hopefully all of that goes way faster than this launch, though you have to trust your gut on this one based on everything up until now.

Basically if you put it together wrong...denied. Put on a rack...denied. Clean it...denied. One year or 12,001 miles later...denied. Some of this is pretty standard stuff but the assembly denial part is the eye opener to me. $7k for a top that has a one year warranty, you build yourself, and can that warranty can be denied for almost any reason including building it yourself is a leap of faith the width of the grand canyon.

Who knows, they could be the most stand-up company ever and cover most anything regardless of the warranty limitations and restrictions. They may have parts in stock and be able to ship it back timely because their supply chains have been fixed and labor shortages have been sorted out ;). You can only gauge it by their past track record. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys missed it. They don’t appear to deliver many tops. But keep putting out FB/YT videos. I added that line in there where delivery gets held up.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking more like $2500.
I honestly think that will happen in time. China already has the molds. It’s only a matter of time now

I don’t think a single person that defected to TOR is regretting it. As a matter of fact I think they are all relieved. They saved about $2500 when you include assembly, a much better warranty, AND they actually have their tops

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Think of the people who have ordered this top and aren’t as “in the know” on this forum everyday like most of us. Could you image this showing up to your door and clueless of all the assembly steps required?
Sponsored