First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to know how well the advance safety features work.

Cross Traffic Alert
Lane Keeping System
Blind Spot Information System
Cross Traffic Alert
Pre-Collision Assist
Driver Alert

Have they prevented any accidents in your case? Do you turn them off and why? We have many of these features on our VW Tiguan SEL R-line and and they have certainly helped avoid some close calls or at least brought our attention to them sooner.

These features are very important to me. Last year I was involved in a severe accident where I T-boned and 18 wheeler that ran a light. Crushed my L3 and smashed my wrist and other stuff. Still recovering. I have come to learn that anything that can protect you, your family and your $$Bronco is worth it.
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cross Traffic Alert: That has saved an accident countless times, from people flying down mall rows to find a parking spot, or people riding bikes that I couldn't see when backing out of my driveway.

Lane Keeping System: The lane-keeping system is just an annoying ping-pong game that I don't think is very needed anymore. Ford offers Lane-centering on several other of its models, that is definitely a nice-to-have and makes freeway driving more relaxing. I turn off the alert and leave the aid on for the Bronco

Blind Spot Information System: Same as the Cross Traffic Alert, it has saved countless accidents in all of my vehicles with it equipped for people who like to hide on your corner bumper, or even bikers that happen to get into your blind spot when you are going to turn.

Pre-Collision Assist: This is a so-so feature. I've had it engage one time on someone who was trying to cause an accident with someone in-front of me. The vehicle reacted quicker than I could and came to a complete stop less than a foot away. But, I've had times where it just randomly goes off.. (the alarm, not the braking)

Driver Alert: Not sure how to feel, its just a feature that is there.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you put your turn signal on and there is someone in your blind spot, do you get an audible alert? Every car I’ve had has done this but not the bronco, just the light

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like all these features and am really disappointed they are not standard (or even available) on base Bronco...

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know how to cut the adaptive cruise control off? I don't want it all the time.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Settings menu. You can swap from adaptive to normal cruise. Don't know if it will do it on the fly. (I neither have nor want adaptive)
I know on the wife's Armada you could just hold down the cruise button and it would bypass it. Just wish it was that simple to do on the Bronco.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cross Traffic Alert - Awesome! I am very happy to have this feature. Works like a charm, from quite a bit further away than I was expecting. Very helpful.

Lane Keeping System - Don't really like it but that's more to do with me than anything else, I find that using the lane keeping causes me to focus on other things than driving and get distracted. I will probably keep this turned off 99% of the time.

Blind Spot Information System -Awesome! I am very happy to have this feature. Works well. Can be a little bright and distracting at night but then again, it's job is to get your attention. Would be even better if the indicator was inside the convex mirror (that you don't get when you have the BLIS) because there are other uses for convex mirrors besides checking your blind spot.

Pre-Collision Assist - Not impressed. Overly sensitive. Freaks out (loud ding ding ding and flashing indicator in the gauge cluster) when approaching slow moving tractor trailers on a bend at highway speeds even if they are in another lane, or even two lanes over. Freaks out when someone is turning a corner in front of you and they are already out of your path. I have turned down the sensitivity and shut off the emergency braking and steering functions. Seems to use radar only, would be better if it used a combination of radar and the lane keeping camera together.

Driver Alert - Only had this happen once. I didn't nod off though, I was avoiding debris on the road. I will reserve judgment on this one. Seems like it could be helpful.

Adaptive Cruise Control - Works well most of the time. I love the little ghost Bronco that shows up in the display. Can be a bit annoying if it slows you down when you are changing lanes to pass. Seems to only use the brakes to slow down instead of coasting. Would be better if it didn't apply the brakes so often. Will come to a complete stop if necessary. Hard to give it that level of trust without covering the brake pedal though.
Sponsored