First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing was said about doing this with broncos. Unless someone can give me a credible source. At the moment it would be explorers w/o the rear heat air controller working possibly the rear heated seats. I was with me dealer today and we were discussing this Bc he has 3 broncos stuck there and they (ford) would discount the vehicle for the missing feature then install the chip when it comes in.
My dealer told me today it will be Bronco’s he also said they cannot drive them until they are completed and have to be locked up. So now or Bronco’s shipped all over United State’s just to make them more room at the Factory
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In other news, Ford will start shipping vehicles with 4 of the 5 lug nuts included on the wheels.
I'd take it without any if it meant id get mine sooner... same with the roof (2 door)... but alas.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer told me today it will be Bronco’s he also said they cannot drive them until they are completed and have to be locked up. So now or Bronco’s shipped all over United State’s just to make them more room at the Factory
I got bad news for you. Just like with f150’s last summer ford floated the same idea but never went through. FYI every release ford has made in this only discusses the explorer. I know the owner of the dealership and he is intimately involved in all aspects of operation and he showed me exactly what ford is doing for vehicles without chips and they have only announced the explorer as part of the program.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got bad news for you. Just like with f150’s last summer ford floated the same idea but never went through.
@Wralex2 and @Bronco cat what you are describing is last year's Bronco 2021 short-ship and park program. After this thread was published, I've heard more information from one of my dealer sources on the New 2022 short-ship program.

Last year's short-ship program was canceled in part due to union demands as the UAW wanted to run the Bronco's back through the production line just to install a couple of modules instead of letting the dealers install them. Now however, due to the economic realities of the supply chain issues, Ford has revised last year's plan to ship vehicles without some modules to dealers, if they choose to sign-up for the program. As others have mentioned, last year's plan was for the dealers to store and care for the Bronco's, until the modules arrived.

The new plan, based on what dealers learned through the sign-up process and what the Ford executives told the Ford dealers at last weekend's Las Vegas NADA show, is that the "Vehicles would be Drivable and Sellable".

However, the realities seem to be a little more nuanced, with details still being worked out. It may be better to say, some "Vehicles would be Drivable" and other "Vehicles would be Sellable" depending on the missing modules. Those that are not immediately sellable would be stored and cared for by the dealers until the missing modules arrive and the dealers install them.

Again, this will not apply to all dealers as they specifically have to sign-up for the program. Don't pin a lot of hope on hearing more from your dealer, as much as we Ford consumers are complaining about Ford's lack of communication, the dealers don't have it any better. Ford has been tight lipped about most things with them as well, leaving the dealers in the dark.

(I've updated post #1 with this information)

Last edited:

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this just for the Dirt/Ice mountain Bronco's or will they be turning out and shipping all of the ones off the line as "almost complete"?

If new production units ship complete, I can see how people would start to loose their minds. But it also seems like a very Ford thing to do at this point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is this just for the Dirt/Ice mountain Bronco's or will they be turning out and shipping all of the ones off the line as "almost complete"?

If new production units ship complete, I can see how people would start to loose their minds. But it also seems like a very Ford thing to do at this point.
All we know is Ford is limited on the amount of chips/modules they have, as are all of the other auto manufactures as well. Where they choose to use the limited stock is everyone's guess. We can speculate they want to keep the production line running if they have chips/modules, instead of building short and parking more Bronco's, unless they implement the new plan and ship short the new production units to dealers and the dealers install the modules when available.

Either way, maybe Ice/Mud Mountain slowly gets emptied out with a combination of modules installed there and some getting installed at the dealers, we can hope anyway.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told this too. At least this lets us get through the shipping/transportation mess while we wait for the chip. Easier shipping a module than a Bronco.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, the wording in the news articles was they would get the needed parts ..... within a year.
At the dealer or on Ice Mountain .... a year wont work for me, or probaly the majority of order holders. They better figure out how to sell them without some features.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything is possible, but I have a hard time believing that Ford is going to ship vehicles to dealerships and have them sit there for a year (give or take). If the vehicles are drivable (and allowed to be on the road by local law) why wouldn't/couldn't the customer take possession and then get the chips/modules added later? These sure are crazy times.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s my experiences with @Ford Motor Company and promises for features to be added after taking delivery of the vehicle.
In March 2021, we ordered an F-150 Platinum with the PowerBoost engine. BlueCruise was “supposed” to be added to it by Q3 of 2021 and here were are, a full year later with no BlueCruise.
The hardware is already loaded on the vehicle. We’ve been driving a truck with a very expensive and appealing option that we’ve not been able to use for a full year, and so far, it’s been crickets from Ford…..For a SOFTWARE OTA update. Other F150s produced after ours already have the feature available and have been using it for months.
If any of you think that Ford is going to be able to pull this off with dealers physically adding “chips” to tens of thousands of Broncos in a timely manner, I’ve got a bridge in Arizona to sell you.
Look at the monkey screwing a football debauchery we’ve already seen from this company with reservations/allocations and how we’ve been treated over the past 2 years. I’ll believe it when I physically have a complete Bronco in the driveway. Until then, it’s just more empty promises from Ford.
This Bronco may very well be my last Ford ever. And this is coming from a Ford family for the past 40+ years.
Blue Cruise is coming any day now... ;)

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’d just take a steering wheel or something. Like, “here’s the wheel for the Bronco we can’t build.” At least than I’d feel appreciated.
The new Ford Bronco brought to you by IKEA.

Majidsho

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just talked to Ford Marketing center and I was told they will be shipping Broncos but they won’t include rear HVAC and Auxiliary control and heated seat and from the driver side the Auxiliary. My dealer also confirmed today that by next week they will have more information about which Bronco’s will be shipped based on required chips that don’t effect safety. I really hope we all have an answer by early next week.

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder if the raptors, since they are the most capable, will not be shipping due to the number of important systems and the interconnection of said systems
Sponsored