Sponsored

Advantages to dealer flashing vs forscan?

Bronco1972!

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About to order the OBD adapter to hook up laptop to use forscan. I have a 23 Badlands with the sub delete. I have already installed the fusion amp and a 6.75 kicker sub in their place. I have replaced the 4 factory 4" speakers in the dash and rear with the kickers. I need the sub to be recognized and the rears to sound like the dash (dash sound great, rears sound like straight treble). I thought I read somewhere that if i use forscan then my ability to use the balance faders in the menu will not work.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Reactions: LCW

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer "flash" through FDRS is not actually flashing anything. It's just changing the ACM configuration, and is doing literally the exact same thing we're doing in Forscan.

The exception to that rule is if you flash the configuration for the rear JBL soundbar that's available from Ford Accessories. But to my knowledge that software isn't available on 2023MY units yet (unless that just recently changed in the past 4-6 weeks).

You do not lose balance/fade with Forscan by just changing the rear speaker/subwoofer configuration in Forscan.

IF you disable the EQ—which many people who are installing aftermarket amplifiers are doing—you lose the ability to change the sound occupancy mode (driver-focused vs. balanced—or whatever those settings are). But that's because those two settings are just different EQ settings—by disabling the EQ, you obviously can no longer set it. For most people this is the best option anyway, because if you are going aftermarket you'd want your aftermarket unit to set the EQ, not the factory ACM.

-----

EDIT— It seems the software for the JBL soundbar on 2023MY is now available. But apparently it's only compatible with the 7-speaker system and not the 6-speaker with sub delete.

Ford Bronco Advantages to dealer flashing vs forscan? 1691339601600

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bronco1972!

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer "flash" through FDRS is not actually flashing anything. It's just changing the ACM configuration, and is doing literally the exact same thing we're doing in Forscan.

The exception to that rule is if you flash the configuration for the rear JBL soundbar that's available from Ford Accessories. But to my knowledge that software isn't available on 2023MY units yet (unless that just recently changed in the past 4-6 weeks).

You do not lose balance/fade with Forscan by just changing the rear speaker/subwoofer configuration in Forscan.

IF you disable the EQ—which many people who are installing aftermarket amplifiers are doing—you lose the ability to change the sound occupancy mode (driver-focused vs. balanced—or whatever those settings are). But that's because those two settings are just different EQ settings—by disabling the EQ, you obviously can no longer set it. For most people this is the best option anyway, because if you are going aftermarket you'd want your aftermarket unit to set the EQ, not the factory ACM.

-----

EDIT— It seems the software for the JBL soundbar on 2023MY is now available. But apparently it's only compatible with the 7-speaker system and not the 6-speaker with sub delete.

Ford Bronco Advantages to dealer flashing vs forscan? 1691339601600
Thanks! I used your youtube walkthrough to remove the back panel and change out sub and amp-super helpful so thank you. If i understand it correctly...in forscan, the setting I want to change to get the rears sounding like the dash is in...

0727-01-02 change the 3rd and 4th digits of the first set to 00 (**00 **** ****)to turn the EQ off.

In 0727-01-01, what should i set the passenger rear pod and the driver rear pod and sub to?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I used your youtube walkthrough to remove the back panel and change out sub and amp-super helpful so thank you. If i understand it correctly...in forscan, the setting I want to change to get the rears sounding like the dash is in...

0727-01-02 change the 3rd and 4th digits of the first set to 00 (**00 **** ****)to turn the EQ off.

In 0727-01-01, what should i set the passenger rear pod and the driver rear pod and sub to?
Yup you got it.

Rear pods should be set to Speaker/Tweeter. If you have a dealer working on this, the equivalent setting in FDRS is called "Extended Range AC".

The subwoofer you just turn on.

If you'd seen my Forscan post, it's the settings in bold below. The front speakers should already be set that way from the factory).

EQ Settings - ACM 727-01-02
  • xxYY-xxxx-xxxx
    • 00 = EQ Off
    • 01 = EQ On (High-pass filter on the rear pods)
Speaker Configuration Settings - ACM 727-01-01
  • xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker (ACM disable)
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
  • xxxx-Yxxx-xxxx - Passenger Rear Pod Speaker
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker
  • xxxx-xYxx-xxxx - Driver Rear Pod Speaker & Subwoofer
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 2 - Speaker & Sub
    • 4 - Tweeter
    • 6 - Tweeter & Sub
    • 8 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • A - Speaker, Tweeter, & Sub
    • C - No speaker
    • E - Sub only

Last edited:

knobsaw712

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 23 Big Bend and have used Forscan several times and the ACM never shows up at all. Any suggestions?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bronco1972!

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup you got it.

Rear pods should be set to Speaker/Tweeter. If you have a dealer working on this, the equivalent setting in FDRS is called "Extended Range AC".

If you'd seen my Forscan post, it's the settings in bold below. The front speakers should already be set that way from the factory).
Just finished the forscan...WOW! Replaced all 6 speakers with Kickers, put in the fusion amp and a 6.75 Kicker sub...turned EQ off, speaker/tweeter and speaker/tweeter/sub to back...what a difference, very pleased.

I ordered the Mabett 6" speaker replacement, thinking of sending the 2 4"kickers back and putting 6's there...whats your thoughts on that?

Thanks again.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished the forscan...WOW! Replaced all 6 speakers with Kickers, put in the fusion amp and a 6.75 Kicker sub...turned EQ off, speaker/tweeter and speaker/tweeter/sub to back...what a difference, very pleased.

I ordered the Mabett 6" speaker replacement, thinking of sending the 2 4"kickers back and putting 6's there...whats your thoughts on that?

Thanks again.
When you say “added a 6.75” kicker sub” do you mean just putting in a real speaker into the sub enclosure that comes with the dummy setup?

Also what is the P/N for the Fusion amp?

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is Forscan able to improve my 2023 B&O factory system? I mean it sounds good but if it can be programmed better I'm all ears.

OP
OP

Bronco1972!

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you say “added a 6.75” kicker sub” do you mean just putting in a real speaker into the sub enclosure that comes with the dummy setup?

Also what is the P/N for the Fusion amp?
Yes. I replaced the dummy amp and sub with the ford fusion one and the kicker sub. Did this to just be able to plug and play. I just followed the youtube video and it was pretty easy. The amp is FoMoCo FP5T-18C808-AB

The one small thing that I did that may help others is where the connector from the amp to the sub runs. Instead of bringing it out and thru the channel like the last, because my wires were shorter I drilled a small hole in the sub enclosure to just bring the wires straight to the sub.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP

Bronco1972!

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Forscan able to improve my 2023 B&O factory system? I mean it sounds good but if it can be programmed better I'm all ears.
Im sure Ragnar can answer that, i guess it depends on the stock settings, i.e. is the EQ set to 00 or 01 etc. For me having the filter on the rears sounds crappy, the full sound was much better to my ears, but im no audiophile.

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I replaced the dummy amp and sub with the ford fusion one and the kicker sub. Did this to just be able to plug and play. I just followed the youtube video and it was pretty easy. The amp is FoMoCo FP5T-18C808-AB

The one small thing that I did that may help others is where the connector from the amp to the sub runs. Instead of bringing it out and thru the channel like the last, because my wires were shorter I drilled a small hole in the sub enclosure to just bring the wires straight to the sub.
Thanks dude - I’m all for a simple plug and play solution to make it sound better than the stock AM radio crappy audio quality.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really.

The base audio system has a factory EQ set for the rear pod speakers. That factory EQ is a ~300 Hz high-pass filter, which is appropriate for the 4" speakers Ford installed at the factory. But if you want to upgrade to larger speakers, that high-pass filter needs to be disabled, which you can do by disabling the EQ.

The B&O system has a factory Digital Signal Processor. You CAN disable the EQ on the factory DSP... but then that disables it for ALL speakers in the vehicle, not just the real pods. So you just made the rear pod speakers better, but every other speaker worse.

You can give it a shot though if you want, info here. But the irony of the B&O system is that it is substantially more difficult (and more expensive) to get it to sound good.

MHerm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Atlas/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used the same 6.75” kicker KCS speakers in the kick panels and the rear pods. The SSV works PODs easily take the 6.75” speaker.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not really.

The base audio system has a factory EQ set for the rear pod speakers. That factory EQ is a ~300 Hz high-pass filter, which is appropriate for the 4" speakers Ford installed at the factory. But if you want to upgrade to larger speakers, that high-pass filter needs to be disabled, which you can do by disabling the EQ.

The B&O system has a factory Digital Signal Processor. You CAN disable the EQ on the factory DSP... but then that disables it for ALL speakers in the vehicle, not just the real pods. So you just made the rear pod speakers better, but every other speaker worse.

You can give it a shot though if you want, info here. But the irony of the B&O system is that it is substantially more difficult (and more expensive) to get it to sound good.
What seems to be the best answer for the B&O system (short of not ordering it in the first place) is the mObridge Ford Bronco 8.1.1 Channel DSP Amplifier Plug-N-Play Kit.

Unfortunately, there's a $1600 price after the Bronco6G discount to consider, and you will definitely want to swap out the speakers anyway. Switching up the speakers made a considerable difference, but it remains underpowered without an aftermarket amp.

I ordered the mObridge Ford Bronco 8.1.1 Channel DSP Amplifier Plug-N-Play Kit today, so I will report back on it once I have it installed in the 2021 Bronco. In the meantime, I have to remain jealous of my girlfriend's high package Bronco with the Kicker Key 200.4, Kicker 46HS10 sub-woofer, and Infinity Reference 4032cfx and 6532ex speakers.

mjones141

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Big Bend Manual with Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup you got it.

Just got my 04 Big Bend Manual, this stereo is HORRIBLE! Thanks to your awesome tutorials...I replaced the dash with Infinity Reference and reused my 6.75 3 way pioneers from a previous vehicle. Getting there...
Amp is on its way as is an upgraded pioneer 8 inch Sub.

Since Forscan doesn't currently support '24. Was going to have the dealer remove the EQ...what is the equivalent to make everything flat for the dealer? Like what do I ask them to set "extended range AC" FOR the rears. Does that also send full range to the sub so I can use those to the high level inputs of the amp? Same for the fronts, any insight into what I ask them to do to remove all EQ?
Sponsored