TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered the Anderson Hardtop. Checked Rally off quickly. Called both Anderson and Advanced. Was instantly turned off by Advanced. Been watching their product for a while. Wanted the one piece top in white. I have the Oxford White Bronco. Originally on there site they advertised the white as being a close to matching Oxford White. When I question the rep. he was very evasive. Asked for picture of a white on white, he sent a modeled rendering. FYI, all the pictures online are modeled and not real. Then he told that there would be a 8-10 week wait because they were waiting for molded casketing. I was a good bit surprised especially after he said they were peel and stick. Also was turned off over by ADV's negativity towards others providing the hardtops, as well as Ford. Told me that Ford's tops were going to fail within a few years and the law suits would be extensive. ADV's top does look nice, but I didn't feel as badly talking to Anderson.

Anderson's top is painted fiberglass. Confirmed that the white is Oxford White. My local rep. verified that the markup is 12% off retail. They get around $800. I paid for shipping over retail for a total around $6600. The authorized dealer was really accommodating. He customizes corvettes and says Anderson is his preferred product, real Quality. When I was ready to purchase the ADV top, it was going to cost me more than $7500 with shipping and accessories.

Another issue with ADV, I don't like where they placed the motor box for the wiper, in the upper drivers side of the rear view. Originally, I wasn't going to order it, never use them on other vehicles.. The representative told me I could always buy it later because the window was bored and tented to receive it in the future. They install a plug in the glass and frit the area where the housing sits.

Ultimately, I saved $1K going to Anderson, given the cost I hope it works out well. All indications from reviews, Anderson makes superior products.
Great breakdown. Did they give you an estimated ship date?
Sponsored

jolson1228

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you like the ease of the soft top, and have clearance in your garage for it or park outside, check out the GobiRacks Stealth Rack. It's an exoskeleton rack that tilts back so you can fully use your soft top still, but gives you a roof rack that can support whatever you want to throw up there. It comes out to about $2400 with the quick release without other add ons.

https://gobiracks.com/ford

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you like the ease of the soft top, and have clearance in your garage for it or park outside, check out the GobiRacks Stealth Rack. It's an exoskeleton rack that tilts back so you can fully use your soft top still, but gives you a roof rack that can support whatever you want to throw up there. It comes out to about $2400 with the quick release without other add ons.

https://gobiracks.com/ford
Waiting for ADV’s rubber, I wish I would have just done this…

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me, begging aftermarket to make something that is far more modular, ships easier, lighter, and is clearly been market tested and adopted. Few people have the space to store a fixed hard-top clamshell. This has removable back windows and can be covered up in a passing rain shower...

My god the take rate would be through the roof (pun intended)...

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 1680530039159

Even the New RECON EV intends to do this.... Insulting
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 1680529986037

CM22

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' F 350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ordered the Anderson Hardtop. Checked Rally off quickly. Called both Anderson and Advanced. Was instantly turned off by Advanced. Been watching their product for a while. Wanted the one piece top in white. I have the Oxford White Bronco. Originally on there site they advertised the white as being a close to matching Oxford White. When I question the rep. he was very evasive. Asked for picture of a white on white, he sent a modeled rendering. FYI, all the pictures online are modeled and not real. Then he told that there would be a 8-10 week wait because they were waiting for molded casketing. I was a good bit surprised especially after he said they were peel and stick. Also was turned off over by ADV's negativity towards others providing the hardtops, as well as Ford. Told me that Ford's tops were going to fail within a few years and the law suits would be extensive. ADV's top does look nice, but I didn't feel as badly talking to Anderson.

Anderson's top is painted fiberglass. Confirmed that the white is Oxford White. My local rep. verified that the markup is 12% off retail. They get around $800. I paid for shipping over retail for a total around $6600. The authorized dealer was really accommodating. He customizes corvettes and says Anderson is his preferred product, real Quality. When I was ready to purchase the ADV top, it was going to cost me more than $7500 with shipping and accessories.

Another issue with ADV, I don't like where they placed the motor box for the wiper, in the upper drivers side of the rear view. Originally, I wasn't going to order it, never use them on other vehicles.. The representative told me I could always buy it later because the window was bored and tented to receive it in the future. They install a plug in the glass and frit the area where the housing sits.

Ultimately, I saved $1K going to Anderson, given the cost I hope it works out well. All indications from reviews, Anderson makes superior products.

Like you, I order a Anderson hard top. I got a call for my vendor last Thursday 3/23/23 that my top was shipping out this week (we will see if it happens). Wondering what vendor you odrer yours from?

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I really want to know is if there is a lift gate on the back of the truck, other then they can, why is there a charge for them to use it? Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Multiple reason. The freight will usually require transferring from tractor trailer to a truck with a lift gate and now the driver needs to wheel the freight onto the lift gate and lower it to the ground. So, more handling and greater potential for the freight to fall and get damaged. Much easier and less liability if it is only wheeled to the rear for a forklift to pick it or straight off onto a level dock.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still haven’t officially placed my order yet. At the moment I’m leaning towards Anderson’s since it’s $1k cheaper than ADV. Since I want my top to be painted gloss black, that $1k is significant and will go towards painting.

still waiting to see some in customers hands before pulling the trigger. Anderson’s will be at a local car event by me in a couple weekends. So I’ll check it out and chat them up then

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still haven’t officially placed my order yet. At the moment I’m leaning towards Anderson’s since it’s $1k cheaper than ADV. Since I want my top to be painted gloss black, that $1k is significant and will go towards painting.

still waiting to see some in customers hands before pulling the trigger. Anderson’s will be at a local car event by me in a couple weekends. So I’ll check it out and chat them up then
Please let us know your experience and if it's a quality top. I have the MIC ordered on my Badlands. Build week is 05/01/23.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is any aftermarket hardtop considering adding heat-reflective painting/coat (interior and exterior)? That could be useful for the people in the south.

Sponsored

royruiz

Black Diamond
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reason(s) for checking off Rally? Leaning towards Anderson myself...
I don’t really like the look of the rear or the 2-piece design of the Rally. I also want the two row Modular option.
It’s good to have some different options at different price points though.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Patriot Fastbacks hard top for the Bronco looks amazing

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are any of these expected to be quieter than the dreadful OEM option? When I drove a Wrangler soft top I thought that it is noisy... until I drove Bronco soft top which was horrible. People say that the Bronco hard top and soft top are comparable in noise, which I find very surprising. The Wrangler hard top is much quieter than the soft top. If I can find a Bronco hard top that is comparable in road noise to a Wrangler hard top I would pay $7k for it.
Sponsored