• Total voters

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another one is from Armadillo Designs and preorders are supposed to open in 3 days. It’s also supposed to be made of aluminum. I’m on the fence and waiting on the reveal, but I’ll probably go for Anderson if this won’t work for me.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_0038
Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another one is from Armadillo Designs and preorders are supposed to open in 3 days. It’s also supposed to be made of aluminum. I’m on the fence and waiting on the reveal, but I’ll probably go for Anderson if this won’t work for me.
IMG_0038.jpeg
I just came to post these too. It looks … pretty uggo IMO

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 8046F7DD-5A74-4B6E-9970-16D4E88978F0

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 91D40474-EB52-4543-B0F7-EDDA0145C2CA

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 3AD057BF-CF8E-498A-8C38-C932DD7A139D

obviously this is unfinished/unpainted, but still … those back hatches are weird. Whole thing looks Mad Max

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just came to post these too. It looks … pretty uggo IMO

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 3AD057BF-CF8E-498A-8C38-C932DD7A139D

obviously this is unfinished/unpainted, but still … those back hatches are weird. Whole thing looks Mad Max
I was just thinking the same thing! Plus heavy rain on that roof would be hella loud.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks great to me. especially painted

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an Armadillo top ordered. I should receive it in December. One of the reasons I went with the Armadillo is because of the way the design has come along. Armadillo communicates often. Shows the process. I also like the fact they did an aluminum top.

If you look at their Instagram page, (They are not on this forum) you will see the refinements they have made and I will say their top is very good IMO. A lot of changes have been made since the first prototype and they are subtle but significant.

I think I have made the right decision to go with Armadillo, and I guess I will see you in December.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread is a bit older but thought I could add some insight.

I got my Bronco this past June and needed a hard top to deal with winter. I ordered a Rally Top mostly because the price and it would arrive before the snow did.

It arrived in August - about 3 weeks earlier than promised even.

It was crated well, there was some scuffing from where the wood rubbed on the fiberglass but nothing serious.

The install instructions were good and it was pretty painless to get on there with 2 people. The included bolts weren’t long enough, but the bolts that come out of the soft top worked just fine.

The good:
Road noise is significantly lower - about on par with an F150, almost as good as the wife’s Bronco Sport.

I don’t live in a terribly hot area so I never noticed a big deal with heat on the soft top, and I certainly don’t notice it with the Rally Top. it does have a liner installed but I think it’s just some standard outdoor carpet stuff - there is no foam mat or underlayment or anything.

I installed aftermarket speakers and sub, and the hard top does so well I had to complete retune the acoustics. The sub in particular became overpowering now that it isn’t just getting lost in the fabric. Some quick EQ adjustments fixed it, but it was amazing how much better it sounds

The front removable piece is fairly easy to get on and off - 2 factory latches up front and 3 smaller latches to the rear, and it lines up easy. It’s possible to do it solo but much easier with 2 people.

There was an option for a roof rack from the factory - I almost wish I had taken it up. Not sure if it can be added after the fact - one thing I need to follow up on.

No leaks - at least that I’ve noticed yet. Granted we don’t get much rain here until the winter, but I’ve washed it a few times.

The bad:
Build quality is only so-so. The rear hatch is riveted and on mine one is loose already. Not all of the weatherstripping was straight. The RTV on the back window was a mess. There is a screw or something on the inside of the fiberglass- occasionally it wants to roll around. And the scuffs from shipping that I had to touch up.

While the install was easy - getting the rattles out was a chore. Ultimately I installed another piece of weatherstripping along the back side of the removable top, and two more pieces along the rear hatch. Occasionally the rattles will still creep back in and I lube them up with some silicone grease. Apart from the ghost screw that will occasionally pop up - eventually I got it quiet.

Does not work with rear wiper or defogger. Maybe I can add something later on to go with the hard top ready connections.

The back three latches on the removable top are adjustable, and for about the first month I was constantly adjusting them tighter to stop rattles as settled in. Eventually I hit the max adjustment and I had to go and add in another piece of weatherstripping. Since then I haven’t had to touch them.

The removable piece doesn’t fit easily in the back unless you fold the seats down, which makes it harder to just spontaneously say “Oh the weather is great I’ll pop the top” unless you are near your garage to chuck the piece in there.

I kept the soft top - it will probably go back on in the summer so I can get that spontaneity back. I do not regret purchasing the Rally Top - it took some work but I got it where I wanted it, and I think it looks pretty good overall. Hopefully it stands up to a bit of snow.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This thread is a bit older but thought I could add some insight.

I got my Bronco this past June and needed a hard top to deal with winter. I ordered a Rally Top mostly because the price and it would arrive before the snow did.

It arrived in August - about 3 weeks earlier than promised even.

It was crated well, there was some scuffing from where the wood rubbed on the fiberglass but nothing serious.

The install instructions were good and it was pretty painless to get on there with 2 people. The included bolts weren’t long enough, but the bolts that come out of the soft top worked just fine.

The good:
Road noise is significantly lower - about on par with an F150, almost as good as the wife’s Bronco Sport.

I don’t live in a terribly hot area so I never noticed a big deal with heat on the soft top, and I certainly don’t notice it with the Rally Top. it does have a liner installed but I think it’s just some standard outdoor carpet stuff - there is no foam mat or underlayment or anything.

I installed aftermarket speakers and sub, and the hard top does so well I had to complete retune the acoustics. The sub in particular became overpowering now that it isn’t just getting lost in the fabric. Some quick EQ adjustments fixed it, but it was amazing how much better it sounds

The front removable piece is fairly easy to get on and off - 2 factory latches up front and 3 smaller latches to the rear, and it lines up easy. It’s possible to do it solo but much easier with 2 people.

There was an option for a roof rack from the factory - I almost wish I had taken it up. Not sure if it can be added after the fact - one thing I need to follow up on.

No leaks - at least that I’ve noticed yet. Granted we don’t get much rain here until the winter, but I’ve washed it a few times.

The bad:
Build quality is only so-so. The rear hatch is riveted and on mine one is loose already. Not all of the weatherstripping was straight. The RTV on the back window was a mess. There is a screw or something on the inside of the fiberglass- occasionally it wants to roll around. And the scuffs from shipping that I had to touch up.

While the install was easy - getting the rattles out was a chore. Ultimately I installed another piece of weatherstripping along the back side of the removable top, and two more pieces along the rear hatch. Occasionally the rattles will still creep back in and I lube them up with some silicone grease. Apart from the ghost screw that will occasionally pop up - eventually I got it quiet.

Does not work with rear wiper or defogger. Maybe I can add something later on to go with the hard top ready connections.

The back three latches on the removable top are adjustable, and for about the first month I was constantly adjusting them tighter to stop rattles as settled in. Eventually I hit the max adjustment and I had to go and add in another piece of weatherstripping. Since then I haven’t had to touch them.

The removable piece doesn’t fit easily in the back unless you fold the seats down, which makes it harder to just spontaneously say “Oh the weather is great I’ll pop the top” unless you are near your garage to chuck the piece in there.

I kept the soft top - it will probably go back on in the summer so I can get that spontaneity back. I do not regret purchasing the Rally Top - it took some work but I got it where I wanted it, and I think it looks pretty good overall. Hopefully it stands up to a bit of snow.
Thanks for posting about the Rally Top. How they designed the back glass, as well as no defroster or wiper, turned me off a bit. It would be great if you could share some pics though. 🍻

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting about the Rally Top. How they designed the back glass, as well as no defroster or wiper, turned me off a bit. It would be great if you could share some pics though. 🍻
Agreed pics are needed 😁

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had to clean it up a bit but here are some pics. If anyone wants to see anything specific on the Rally Top I will do what I can.

One thing I forgot to mention - and it’s very annoying - the rear hatch can’t be opened unless the rear door is ~all~ the way open or the lower part of the hatch hits on the top of the rear door.

In this shot you can see some of the gasket misalignment - this is after I straightened it out a bit, but couldn’t get it perfect without totally removing and reinstalling the weatherstripping.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1671

General shot from the rear showing the interior

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1670

Showing the lifter and rivets on the rear door

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1668

Showing the 3 latches on the removable top

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1665

General shot of the exterior

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1664

Rear mounting bolts and side glass

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1669

Rear exterior.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons IMG_1666

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not a bad-looking top at all. I wonder what is in the inside? Is it the honeycomb-like the OEM? ADV did that one vid about the comps build.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's not a bad-looking top at all. I wonder what is in the inside? Is it the honeycomb-like the OEM? ADV did that one vid about the comps build.
I have no reason to believe it isn't just standard fiberglass, not anything fancy like ADV did. The ADV one looks much higher quality. It's also much higher priced, and much longer lead time, so ... I guess there are options.

I did find the roof rack for this, it's just a third party (Perrycraft) that gets installed. I suppose I could order one and install it myself, doesn't look terribly difficult, but it does look rather permanent.

That said, I mention it because it details a bit in the roof rack install instructions on how a typical fiberglass top is put together

If you are looking closely from the inside you can clearly notice "core areas" where it transitions to "single layer". It's hard to show in pictures because the headliner all makes it kind of blur together, but the core areas run across the vehicle left to right - the biggest one is up front to support where the removable section goes, and there is another midway up above the rear seats, just before you get to the cross support / rear speakers

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 1698718494564

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no reason to believe it isn't just standard fiberglass, not anything fancy like ADV did. The ADV one looks much higher quality. It's also much higher priced, and much longer lead time, so ... I guess there are options.

I did find the roof rack for this, it's just a third party (Perrycraft) that gets installed. I suppose I could order one and install it myself, doesn't look terribly difficult, but it does look rather permanent.

That said, I mention it because it details a bit in the roof rack install instructions on how a typical fiberglass top is put together

If you are looking closely from the inside you can clearly notice "core areas" where it transitions to "single layer". It's hard to show in pictures because the headliner all makes it kind of blur together, but the core areas run across the vehicle left to right - the biggest one is up front to support where the removable section goes, and there is another midway up above the rear seats, just before you get to the cross support / rear speakers

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Top Comparisons 1698718494564
I see. So I guess that was the Rally Top ADV was showing in the vid as it was designed the way the pics show and how you are describing it.

BendBroncoGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys, I am shopping for an aftermarket hard top and so far I see 3 players in the market.

Rally Tops: Rally Tops Quality Hardtop for Bronco 4 Door 2 Piece Hardtop (2021-Present)

ADV (Advanced Fiberglass Concepts): 2021-2023 Ford Bronco Hardtop - Advanced Fiberglass Concepts (advfiberglass.com)

Anderson Composites: 2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Black) | Anderson Composites

First, is there any other aftermarket company with something on the market (or coming soon)?

Second I welcome any photos, videos, or written feedback on the above. I think we can get a good thread going discussing the pros and cons of each.

I don't hate my soft top, in fact I rather like it, but the best way to have a roof rack (something i'll be needing in the near future) with reasonable open-air accessibility from what I can see is a hard top.

Initial thoughts are the Rally Top looks like a good price point but has key drawbacks, like no roof rack capability (so for that reason i'm out).

ADV and Anderson are similar in cost (which is a lot) but have some notable differences. I love the fast back of the ADV, but Anderson has more stuff included standard, and a gorgeous interior sound deadening material.
Hey guys, I am shopping for an aftermarket hard top and so far I see 3 players in the market.

Rally Tops: Rally Tops Quality Hardtop for Bronco 4 Door 2 Piece Hardtop (2021-Present)

ADV (Advanced Fiberglass Concepts): 2021-2023 Ford Bronco Hardtop - Advanced Fiberglass Concepts (advfiberglass.com)

Anderson Composites: 2021 - 2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door Fiberglass Hardtop (Black) | Anderson Composites

First, is there any other aftermarket company with something on the market (or coming soon)?

Second I welcome any photos, videos, or written feedback on the above. I think we can get a good thread going discussing the pros and cons of each.

I don't hate my soft top, in fact I rather like it, but the best way to have a roof rack (something i'll be needing in the near future) with reasonable open-air accessibility from what I can see is a hard top.

Initial thoughts are the Rally Top looks like a good price point but has key drawbacks, like no roof rack capability (so for that reason i'm out).

ADV and Anderson are similar in cost (which is a lot) but have some notable differences. I love the fast back of the ADV, but Anderson has more stuff included standard, and a gorgeous interior sound deadening material.
I've had an Adv Fiberglass Hardtop on order for 20 months. It has been constant excuses and delays and every time its .." will be next month or the following" then no word and when asking, its always another issue, rubber, labor, etc. I've lost all faith in this company.
I have yet to see a single person other than their ads who has one. It's beyond ridiculous at this point and looking for alternatives.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the Anderson Hardtop. Checked Rally off quickly. Called both Anderson and Advanced. Was instantly turned off by Advanced. Been watching their product for a while. Wanted the one piece top in white. I have the Oxford White Bronco. Originally on there site they advertised the white as being a close to matching Oxford White. When I question the rep. he was very evasive. Asked for picture of a white on white, he sent a modeled rendering. FYI, all the pictures online are modeled and not real. Then he told that there would be a 8-10 week wait because they were waiting for molded casketing. I was a good bit surprised especially after he said they were peel and stick. Also was turned off over by ADV's negativity towards others providing the hardtops, as well as Ford. Told me that Ford's tops were going to fail within a few years and the law suits would be extensive. ADV's top does look nice, but I didn't feel as badly talking to Anderson.

Anderson's top is painted fiberglass. Confirmed that the white is Oxford White. My local rep. verified that the markup is 12% off retail. They get around $800. I paid for shipping over retail for a total around $6600. The authorized dealer was really accommodating. He customizes corvettes and says Anderson is his preferred product, real Quality. When I was ready to purchase the ADV top, it was going to cost me more than $7500 with shipping and accessories.

Another issue with ADV, I don't like where they placed the motor box for the wiper, in the upper drivers side of the rear view. Originally, I wasn't going to order it, never use them on other vehicles.. The representative told me I could always buy it later because the window was bored and tented to receive it in the future. They install a plug in the glass and frit the area where the housing sits.

Ultimately, I saved $1K going to Anderson, given the cost I hope it works out well. All indications from reviews, Anderson makes superior products.
What made you check off RallyTops? the early version had an ugly rear end but the redesign looks a lot better
Sponsored