Sponsored

Aftermarket Hardtop that has noise reduction?

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there. Has anyone purchased and installed an after-market hardtop that truly makes a difference with road noise at highway speeds. I watched the demo video for the one piece hard top from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts, and though I really like the slant in the back and the look of the one piece, it did not seem to make enough of a difference with road noise to warrant the $6k price tag. Thanks!
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there. Has anyone purchased and installed an after-market hardtop that truly makes a difference with road noise at highway speeds. I watched the demo video for the one piece hard top from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts, and though I really like the slant in the back and the look of the one piece, it did not seem to make enough of a difference with road noise to warrant the $6k price tag. Thanks!
With my Anderson Composites top, I noticed most of the noise comes from underneath the vehicle now. I think there will always be some inherit noise with the Bronco (or Jeep for that matter) due to the design. Best chance for a quite Off road vehicle is probably going to be with a Lexus GX or Land Rover Defender.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have some road noise in my stock top - once I (eventually) get it off, I'm gonna go the "buy 10 feet of rubber gasket seal and liberally apply" approach.

There was another thread where this guy had a genius idea and put a smoke machine inside the cab, and turned it on and marked where smoke "escaped" from the hard top and then went back in and added more sealing.

OP
OP
rmb

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With my Anderson Composites top, I noticed most of the noise comes from underneath the vehicle now. I think there will always be some inherit noise with the Bronco (or Jeep for that matter) due to the design. Best chance for a quite Off road vehicle is probably going to be with a Lexus GX or Land Rover Defender.
Thanks. I actually don't mind the noise too much, at least, not enough to buy a different car ;-) That being said, I took a 3hr drive the other week and my head was a bit rattled, so I would spend the money on a top that makes a material difference, but if there is no such top or if the car itself is the going to be noisy irrespective of the top, I can definitely live with it.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone had posted yesterday I believe their results from installing the Hot Head headliner. Said it quieted down the cab quite a bit.

Also if you have washout floors vs carpet, that will increase the noise.

Sponsored
First Name
Trea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And that 2024 Lexus GX looks pretty good!

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will I knew my 22 WT would have a bit of noise going on, so I'm ok with it, besides it offsets my tinnitus.... :LOL:(y)
Sponsored