Sponsored

Aftermarket receiver hitch availability?

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
True, departure angle would be compromised some. Would be OK with me, though. Just have to wait and see about aftermarket hitches, bumpers.
Forgot to mention that integrated hitch/bumpers also fully box the rear frame.

Combining the 4 hitch bolts with the 4 for the bumper , makes the rear extremely strong.

Jeepers have gotten into bad rear end accidents where the vehicle hitting them is totaled. And the Jeep just needs a new muffler and touch up paint on the bumper.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a dealer technician what people don't realise is in most cases the rear body harness is different and is a pita to install a factory 7/4 pin plug because the wiring just isn't there.(and aftermarket solutions are prone to corrosion issues and no warranty coverage.Now if they would just add in to the tow package an integrated trailer brake controller!
Zero corrosion on connections when you use Dielectric Grease on every connection, wire crimp, wire splice, wire nut, etc. Available at most auto and homecenter stores.

https://www.autozone.com/greases-an...SzFhzdGLpTV6YNwGTdZFFfhziSe11X3YaAhouEALw_wcB

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am on the fence. I am thinking about a high angle after market rear bumper with built in hitch and swingout tire carrier.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Would a swing out work with the backup cam? Would the aftermarket just overlay on that part that sticks out?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would a swing out work with the backup cam? Would the aftermarket just overlay on that part that sticks out?
I have been thinking about that. I think I will mount on the center of the bumper or extend the wire and mount it in the hub of the spare. Not sure until I get my hands on the Bronco.

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It shouldn't take too long to hit market for this. Ford is already making them, they'll be very easy to copy and /or modify for consumer install.

As an example, I have a 2020 Explorer, which is the first year for the 6th generation on a new platform. I was able to purchase a hitch in June 20, and could have picked from more than one manufacturer. Unsure about the wiring harness, didn't need so I wasn't looking for it then-but it is available now.

OP
OP
Mustang_75_99

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It shouldn't take too long to hit market for this. Ford is already making them, they'll be very easy to copy and /or modify for consumer install.

As an example, I have a 2020 Explorer, which is the first year for the 6th generation on a new platform. I was able to purchase a hitch in June 20, and could have picked from more than one manufacturer. Unsure about the wiring harness, didn't need so I wasn't looking for it then-but it is available now.
Thanks that is I was curious about real life examples. Guys at the local auto store said it could be a couple of years...which I had a hard time believing!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

when the aftermarket gets their hands on one then the production will ramp up...watch etrailer.com they always have excellent videos and information on all things trailer towing and some other accessories...

I just pulled the Bronco on the site for 2021 and tire "chains' is all that is listed but watch there...
Well of course, @Granger Ford already beat me to it :ROFLMAO:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks that is I was curious about real life examples. Guys at the local auto store said it could be a couple of years...which I had a hard time believing!
Can't imagine it. Some hitches are fairly complex with how they attach to the frame and fit under the truck.

The Bronco looks dead easy to design and make. It's a square tube with four bolts. Won't take long.

Edit: thinking about it a little more...If someone is only using the hitch for racks and not towing it would certainly be simple to make your own as well.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the Bronco is built on a Ranger frame.
It built on the Next Generation Ranger Frame..... Not the current Ranger Frame.
Sponsored